Author Topic: Crashing.  (Read 3190 times)

Honved

• Knight
  • Steel-tipped death at 100m
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Khergit
Re: Crashing.
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2018, 04:04:45 PM »
Not sure what else to say.  I haven't had any significant problems since patching, and it went smoothly.  Unfortunately, I'm about to get another try at it myself, because my hard drive went belly up and I've got another drive on order.  That means I'm about to experience the joys of reinstalling Windows and all of the games and other programs that I had, along with the heaps of mods.  It also means losing a couple of high-level characters in several games, and abandoning one massively overinflated country that's about 400 years into a 430 year campaign.

If I have any problems with it, I'll let you know.

Oh, just realized, I'm running the game off of a GamersGate download, not Steam.  Steam may have done something to prevent patching the files, or something like that, but I don't know enough about Steam's modified versions to be positive.

Arnulf Floyd

• Knight at Arms
  • Baron Adrian von Blackstein
    • Steam - Arnulf Floyd
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2018, 04:17:38 PM »
I not have problems with crashing and I play only old games sure Steam versions excepted AOE and AOE2 both userpatched, also I not have encountered lag in demanding mods as Pendor. Steam versions are stable and good in my IMO
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,379533.msg9034700.html#new

Read my new brand AAR about rise of Frankish Empire in late 4th Century in a world decimated by famine, plague and chaos. Dark Ages are coming...

Victory loves prudence - Latin proverb

It is better live one day as a lion than hundred years as a sheep - Italian proverb

If a man does not strike first, he will be the first struck - Athenogoras of Syracuse

Miller786

• Regular
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2019, 11:03:59 AM »
I have the same crashing problems, and i too get the error mentioned before when i try to apply the Ntcore 4gb patch

Honved

• Knight
  • Steel-tipped death at 100m
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Khergit
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2019, 04:51:32 PM »
Well, since replacing my failed hard drive, I upgraded the machine to Windows 10.  Now it doesn't function at all with original Mount & Blade, patch or not.