SP Medieval [W] XIV century Europe- demo released

Users who are viewing this thread

Biker

Squire
As a big fan of XIV century I started work on XIV century (mini) mod. I created new factions (well just changed
Native ones  :wink:), new troops and added some OSP stuff. All this was done by editing TXT files (module system takes too much time).

I`m not aiming for 100% historicall accuracy because it is not possible (at least for me  :wink:)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Historical background
It is second half of XIV century. Age of longbow, plate armours (early ones),bascinet, knights and great battles- 1346 Crecy, 1356 Poitiers, 1361 Visby...
Kingdoms of England and France are at war for more than 50 years. Kingdom of Poland with new King Vladislav Jagiello is growing in power.
New alliance changed political situations, Lithuania is no more pagan....

Features:

new factions -almost finished
new troop tree -90% done
new items-90% done (maybe I will add some new OSP in the future)
Diplomacy

Factions:

Kingdom of England -English army is in most part foot army. Thei have lots of famous longbowmen. Cavalry is also present but it is weaker than French, HRE but stronger than Scotisch

Kingdom of France - France is one of most powerfull kingdoms.. They have lots of mercenery units (crossbowmen) and knights.

Kingdom of Denmark - King of Denmark also employs mercenaries. In his army you will see bowmen, crosbowmen and axemen. Cavalry is also strong.

Holy Roman Empire - army is a mix of crossbowmen, good infantry and knights

Kingdom of Poland - has lots of crosbowmen and mounted units. Their new allies from Duchy of Lithuania are also present.

Kingdom of Scotland - This army is famous of their pikemen. Not many crossbowmen or archers., cavalry is also weak.

Troops:

Recruits- poorly armoured and equipped. Almost without training.

Militia - they have some training and equipment but still - they are not professional soldiers.

Peasant militia -poorly armoured and armed usually with spear, axe, mace and shield

Town militia - town and guild equipped infantry have better equipment then peasant militia.  They are armed with crossbows, falcion, poleweapons.

Infantry -  Armed  with maces, swords, spears, axes and wearing good armour (unless they are poor and can not afford expensive mail)  are main part of army.
Some wear just body armour and helmet while others wear coat of plates and good helmet
Top units are equipped and armed like dismounted knights.

Archers - only experienced, professional bowmen are well equipped. Rest have just bow, arrows, cheap hand weapon and armour

Crossbowmen - professional soldiers with expensive weapons

Horsemen - mounted militia, light cavalry and mounted crossbowmen. Equipment from lame horse, padded leather, shield, leather cap  and spear to good horse,
mail, coat of plates and equipment almost like knights.

Knights - most expensive but with best equipment.

Mercenary - though, professional soldiers. Good armour and weapons

Map:
I`m looking for cartographer. There is an OSP Europe map but it`s needs some changes annd I`m not able to do this.

Scenes:
Need someone whou want to help in creation of new scenes and replacing existing ones. Editing TXT files does not work  :???:

New scripts:
As I said mod is made almost only with TXT files but I would like to include some more complicated mods (wich are ready as OSP but I
cant import them-I`m getting lots of bugs :/). If you want to help let me known.

DOWNLOAD

Pictures

Credits:
Narf of Picklestink -Transitional Armour Pack Russian Armour Pack
pino69 - Peasant armour pack
Talak - weapons pack
Counter Point -oakeshott sword
Shredzorz - 15th century weapons
dejawolf - Medieval helmet pack
Adorno- Historic Castles Project
Waihti- Diplomacy
Ron Losey - RCM idea :smile:

If you see your work and your nick is not listed here please let me known. I added many OSP items and maybe forgot to say "THANKS" :wink:
P.S. Sorry for my English  :oops:

Biker said:
Fractions:

Kingdom of England
Kingdom of France
Kingdom of Danmark
Holy Roman Empire
Kingdom of Poland

and Kingdom of Veiegers*

it will be replaced with:
*Burgundy or
*Teutonic Order or
*Kingdom of Scotland or
*Grand Duchy of Lithuania or
*kingdom of Hungary or

*........ (you vote)

I hate fractions. I just dont understand them

Rhudda Ar Clogyn Barfau -> I know my english is not perfect  :wink: There will be 6 factions: Kingdom of England,Kingdom of France,Kingdom of Danmark,Holy Roman Empire,Kingdom of Poland and Kingdom of Scotland . Maybe in the future I will add new factions or maybe I will remove existing one.

Last week I changed tournaments a little, added some new bandits, troops removed most of sarranid and Khergit items. In fact
i could upload a very early beta - game is almost bug free just need some testing, polishing. All future modyfications will be OSP scripts. today I will post some new pictures. Now I`m working on new companions (somebody wants to write dialogs  :mrgreen:).

Thanks for all comments and support  :smile:

I`m still looking for help -  coders, mam makers, scene makers - just let me known. 

Paintings of Italian Soldiers of the early 14th Century
Paintings of Italian Soldiers of the mid to late 14th Century
Larger scale paintings with more detail:
Italian City Militia in the Codex Manesse, early 14th century
St. Martin Renounces His Weapons by Simone Martini, 1312-17
Guidoriccio da Fogliano, condottiere, by Simone Martini
Italian Soldiers in 14th Century Frescoes at Sabbionara Castle at Avio, Guard House
Battle between the armies led by Laomedon and Nestor, Naples, Italy, 2nd quarter of the 14th century
Pompey the Younger, surrounded by his troops, De bello civili by Lucanus, Biblioteca Trivulziana, Milan, Italy, 1373
Scenes from the Life of St. James, Pistoia Cathedral, 1376
Victory of the Sienese Troops at Val di Chiana, Italy, 1363
The Battle of Clavigo, Scenes from the Life of St. James, Italy, 1376-79
St. Benedict discovers the shield bearer of Totila by Spinello Aretino, Italy, 1387
Conquest of Fiesole, Villani Chronicle, Italy, 1390s
Conquest of Carmignano, Villani Chronicle, Italy, 1390s
The 1381 Conquest of Naples by Charles of Durazzo, by the Master c.1400 in Florence

Drawings and notes based on the above, by Ian Heath:
72 & 73 Italian Infantrymen, 14th Century
82 Italian Musician

attachment.php

Druzhina
Illustrations of Soldiers

i just downloaded your mod from nexus...new horses and othe stuff are wonderful!I would like to ask you, the only way to raise heavy cavalry is from mercenaries ?

New horses and stuff are madeby other people. Maybe in next version you will be ableto recruit knights in castels.

There will be no firearms in this mod, no ninja, no husars, no magi, etc. And if I will not find map maker there will be no new map  :evil: :cry:

Back
Top Bottom