PoP Knighthood Order Roleplay (Applications Only) (9-29-12)

Users who are viewing this thread

Sajuuk the Unseen, affiliated to the Knights of Eventide.

Position: 2nd in command or ordinary Knight.

Backstory:
Not much is known of this warrior, except for his forename. He is said to do the Blackguard's bidding without question, but he's a very controversial subject even among the Heretics.

Sajuuk is rarely seen, mostly heard of. He never speaks, only acts, and he lives up to his reputation. Only a select few Eventides have met him personally, and they're his personal bodyguard, only used during the hardest of missions, which include scouting deep inside the enemy territory, interrogations and diplomatic missions. When acting on his behalf, he is said to only leave his quarters during night.

As for himself, there are witnesses claiming that he once attacked a Rogue Knight patrol while on his way to a diplomatic mission in the Fierdsvain lands. They say he himself relentlessly murdered 10 horsemen and his bodyguards pursued and slaughtered those who attempted to run away, only because one young Rogue Knight was wearing armor looted from a Knight of the Dawn. Everybody knew he was no ordinary warrior, much less sane. Some say they caught him drinking Elixirs of Arkon after he went missing for two entire months, during which he traveled disguised as a pilgrim. However, nobody knows how could he actually get his hands on a few bottles, except for stealing them, maybe.

Some say he occasionally goes to pray with other heretics at altars in the wilderness, others say he is invoking demons. No one knows for sure, as the few who have followed him have never returned.

Some people question his position in the Knighthood due to a rumor which says he formerly was a Heretic Magnus. Some go as far as saying he's a Demon or an undead warrior, due to his exceptional strength and due to the fact that he wears a full face mask.

However, nothing is certain, as he refuses to accept Heretic recruits and he generally disposes of them on each and every occasion, being far less indulgent than his master. This is said to having lead to him quarreling with the Blackguard himself for a few times, but what's for sure is that he still is in the order, donning his heavy plate armor, full face mask, long, thick cape and two-handed sword.

Perks:
+exceptional warrior
+mysterious
+stealthy
+solitary
+agile

Weaknesses:
-cold-hearted
-stubborn
-unscrupulous
-unruly at times
-enjoys slaughtering way too much

Done, and also i have added an event, this is to not be acted up on yet, but merely discussed. As for what you and your order have to say, let the discussion be between yous and what your ideas are to later have them put into action. As for now, you can be your characters to post your reactions to this event, but dont give anything away that would displease your Grand Master. Im sill accepting appliactions since its a never ending thing, and the more players the better. As for battling, maybe im not sure how it would work but I will take it into consideration possibly later once I get a similar idea rolling, but for now let the opionons begin. Remember you cant talk to each other since this is not a meeting of sorts and would proably end in a bad bloodshed since many orders hate another, but you can discuss opions with your fellow knights. Remember, no actions stated, and those are between your GM's

This is temperorarily until the proper thread is created by MP and this is cleaned up from the chit chat, and will be used as a roleplay story and recruitment thread.

Stickied the 1st Event, to keep things from going too crazy with stickies, only one event will be stickied at a time, besides this master Sticky List..

Also, I would advise everyone to keep the "Event Thread" RP only, meaning no OOC comments, etc.. if you wish feel free to leave the OOC comments in a different thread I'll provide..

I'll also clean up this thread for those who have been accepted in, and leave the backstory here for now, etc...

MP

MitchyMatt said:
Im sill accepting appliactions since its a never ending thing, and the more players the better.

I would recommend against this, in most cases. But after reading how you're doing the events, I have to say it might work in this case. Using each "Event" as a mini-roleplay of sorts. Just make sure things don't get drawn out too much ,and you keep prodding along the story.

Otherwise, I'm quite pleased with this first event you and M0rdred have, it's of a much higher quality than I actually expected.

Order of Choice:the knights of the eventide
Name of Person:malificar
What is your story of how you "became" leader (if applicable or part of the Order): i was born into a small noble family in barclay, at the time when the scum named the knights of the dawn were gaining power. my father was a member of the order, and when the order was outlawed, took his family and moved to pendor with some of his brethren. upon reaching pendor, my father used some of his wealth to purchase lands in the kingdom of sarleon, for it was cheap following one of their recent wars. i grew up alongside my brother  learning the ways of our order and discovering that i had a knack for strategic thinking and assesment. i was always able to beat my brothers or my teachers in any form of strategy they could throw at me. when i achieved the age of 16 my father entered me into the order, and retired, passing down his arms and armour to me and retiring. i gathered together a small band of retainers, and sons of fellow knights, and roamed the countryside, slaying bandits, and when we could, the accursed heathens of the dawn. after 2 years of roaming, we heard rumours that someone  was uniting all the lands of pendor, and trying to bring peace and prosperity to the land. seeing this as a potentially profitable idea (we could convince him to follow astreia (apologies for the butchering of her name) ) we set out to find him. we followed his party around for months, waiting for a chance to speak with him, but we never recieved it. in his army he had a core of fellow brothers, and we joined up with them, to better spread the word of our goddess. we followed him for many months, and saw as he crushed the pathetic fueding states that corrupted the fine province, and saw as he was crowned high king of pendor on the throne of sarleon. now, under the service of our great brotherhood leader, i seek to spread our ladys word across the province and beyond, and am prepared to crush those who disbelieve us.

Perks: very good at strategy,  decent fighter, can write and read, strong, very tough, intelligent

Weaknesses: somewhat arrogant, brash, cynical, merciless, bloodthirsty, and can be rather hotheaded when someone insults my beliefs

Thread massively cleaned up to stay in focus with Lore..

MM when you have official confirmation on what Lore is final for the Knigthood Orders and whose playing what, just PM me the details and I'll make sure those are the only the accept lore is mentioned here, besides future applications still under review.

Also, Ishkar, I would advise you clean up your Story, as you have 2 different posts, and not sure which one to follow or remove :wink:

regards,

MP

mp84 said:
Thread massively cleaned up to stay in focus with Lore..

MM when you have official confirmation on what Lore is final for the Knigthood Orders and whose playing what, just PM me the details and I'll make sure those are the only the accept lore is mentioned here, besides future applications still under review.

Also, Ishkar, I would advise you clean up your Story, as you have 2 different posts, and not sure which one to follow or remove :wink:

regards,

MP

Yea confirmation on whose playing is still very small and I still want it to grow. As for Iskar, his character Bio was long so he divided it up so hes alright with those two posts.

Order of Choice: Order of the Griffon, Knight

Name of Person: (uncreative) Sir Kamos

What is your story of how you became leader part of the Order:
Sir Kamos was born to a fairly minor Knight family composed of his parents, an older brother, and a sister at the very edge of Ravensterns borders near Shapeshte. They held rank over a small number of household servants and farmer workers living the quiet life only occasionally having a run in with Mystmountain Outcasts of which the household guards could disperse. He had a fairly simple upbringing learning to read and write as well as being taught basic nobleman behaviors and etiquette. But at heart as a boy he grew up around the common folk becoming hearty and friendly with a sharp tongue thanks to his teachings. He just never seemed to grasp that a sharp tongue could be more hazardous to him than a sword. This got him into more than a few brawls over the years and that coupled with the odd Mystmountain raid as well as his fathers tutelage he became a competent fighter over the years. Despite the occasional fight he was highly respected by the common folk for being more in touch with their problems and his ability to fit in with them.

With stories coming in of the chaotic nature of Pendor with religious zealots, raiders from all over, squabbling kings fighting over cows and crops how could a young man not want a piece of adventure? So he set out with the blessing of his father and to the lamentations of his mother. He knew he'd need to join a good company to survive and with the roads being to dangerous any further south he tried his luck in Windholm where he had no such luck. His fund began running low given the surprisingly expensive ways of city life so he was joined up with a caravan for some money. During his time in the caravan he experienced many foes. Vanskerry warbands, Rogue Knights, Adventure Companies, and Heretics all harassed him in his months with the caravan. After winning a tournament in Javiksholm and using the opportunity to be slapped by noble women due to his crass nature he came across Sir Darleon of Pendor, at the time a known mercenary captain.

He was quick to sign on with Sir Darleon so he could serve a true noble instead of spending his time with caravans. While he enjoyed the common folk it was very dangerous for a lack of hazard pay. For a time he served with Sir Darleon throughout many of his more trying times even getting being deigned a Knight of the Griffon and participating including his failed ambush on King Ulrich. The ambush which left Sir Kamos with a clean cut scar on the left cheek of his face as well as a healthy reminder of his respect for the Knights of the Lion, he later mourned their demise. While his combat prowess was respected his common mannerisms tended to leave other more highly born Knights sour and his devotion was questioned. However as time went by the fervor of Sir Darelon's leadership waned on Sir Kamos and upon receiving news that his father had fallen ill he left the company under uncertain terms to go back to his family. There his father was on his deathbed and expressed how proud he was of the man Sir Kamos had become but expressed a desire for him to mature a bit more and devote himself to a cause. Shortly afterward he passed away and Sir Kamos's older brother had to leave for Ravenstern in order the make the arrangement for his inheritance leaving Sir Kamos in charge while he was gone. Due to this he was largely absent during Sir Darleon's most influenced time under Mordred and many of the more pivotal moments in the new rise of Pendor including the capture of Sarleon.

However after his older brother returned to take over the homestead he immediately set out to rejoin the Griffons under Sir Darleon. Sir Darleon reluctantly accepted him back into the Order noting that his reasons for leaving and returning were just but it was still disappointing. From here Sir Kamos continued to serve in subjugating the rest of Pendor fighting mostly against the remnants D'Shar and the remnants of Sarleon who had already been soundly battered by his return but still serving with distinction and favored among the common troops more than his fellow Knights. He also participated against several rogue armies such as Syla Uzas after his rebellion following Marius' abdication as well as a substantial Snake Cult force lacking distinct leadership.

Now that Pendor has been united once more he continues to serve the Griffons as an admirable Knight though not necessarily respected among the nobles for his social skills. He is often sent away on off or far off assignments tending to keep him away from other Knights who he might otherwise become at odds with.

Perks:
He is a strong fighter who has the trust of those around him on the battlefield even if they don't necessarily care for him off the battlefield. He's good enough to know he's not the best however.
He is educated.
He has a reputation among the soldiers of Pendor in a good way. While not really a leader he can inspire confidence.
He is fairly witty and quick thinking thanks to his education.
He is level headed often thinking through his situation more.

Weaknesses:
He is conservative in battle. Given his ties with the common folk he tend to have a harder time committing them the vicious battles and is more willing to retreat than most Knights.
Morally gray. Having spent most his life among commoners, in bars, or in outlying regions he never really got what this honor thing was about. Any time he's ever had a problem he simply deals with it in whatever way works often upsetting others with his methods. While not especially brutal he yet again falls under ungentlemanly like conduct.
Not especially like among Nobility. His crass and simple behavior hasn't earned him much of a good reputation among high born people who expect a certain type of behavior.
Not especially favored by Sir Darleon. Darleon has changed a lot since they rode together and Darleon took it personally when others left his company. Only due to the circumstances surrounding his departure was Darleon willing to take him back.

----------------------------------------------------------

So what do you think?

dowdpride said:
quick question, was my rp somewhat accurate in terms of lore?

Yes, though you jump between Astrea and the Heretics.

Remember, that the Order of Eventide was once a part of the Order of Dawn. The members of Eventide left when Dawn banned all research into the heretics (even if it was to better understand their enemy).

This action seems to have been somewhat prudent as many of the Eventide have become corrupted, but there are still a good number of true Astrea followers who pursue Heretical items and knowledge in order to better understand their weaknesses and destroy them. Your character could be either from your description, one of the secret corrupted members, or a pure member trying to understand their enemy.

Kamos32 said:
Order of Choice: Order of the Griffon, Knight

Name of Person: (uncreative) Sir Kamos

----------------------------------------------------------

So what do you think?

Very nice ill add you, Sir Kamos, the Silent

EDIT : No need to quote the whole chunk! - Mordred

M0rdred said:
dowdpride said:
quick question, was my rp somewhat accurate in terms of lore?

Yes, though you jump between Astrea and the Heretics.

Remember, that the Order of Eventide was once a part of the Order of Dawn. The members of Eventide left when Dawn banned all research into the heretics (even if it was to better understand their enemy).

This action seems to have been somewhat prudent as many of the Eventide have become corrupted, but there are still a good number of true Astrea followers who pursue Heretical items and knowledge in order to better understand their weaknesses and destroy them. Your character could be either from your description, one of the secret corrupted members, or a pure member trying to understand their enemy.
thanks for clearing that up for me :smile:

No, but you can submit an entry of your backround being of Heretic nature, but end up with the Eventide, or you can do whatever. Lore related that is

Order: Silvermist Rangers

Name:Aldric of Marleons
Position: Silvermist Rangers Trainer (Barrack-Sgt.)

Story:
Aldric was born into a prominent noble family in Marleons. His father, Marius, was a Knight of the Ebony Gauntlet who had followed M0rdred early in his campaign to unite Pendor. Marius thought that Aldric would soon follow him in his footsteps bought Aldric with him at the tender age of 10. Marius trained Aldric in the art of battle and many other things in Aldric's early years. Aldric learns all that Marius teaches him at an astounding speed. During these years, Aldric hears the stories Marius tells him of how he storms the walls of castles and towns and how dozens of warriors fall before his war hammer.

When Aldric turned 16, Marius decided to teach Aldric how to use a crossbow and a war hammer but when Aldric started to learn how to use them, he thought these weapons were too slow for his taste. He had seen others weapons that he thought would suit him better: the bow and the sword. Marius was first surprised at his son's request but allows it. Marius sends Aldric to train with the blade masters and archers of M0rdred's army. The other Knights of the Ebony Gauntlet could not understand why Marius would allow Aldric to use bow and questioned him on this. Marius simply just said,"Because he choose to." The other Knights of the Ebony Gauntlet said they would not accept Aldric into there order if he continues to use a bow. Marius said he understands and will take the consequences.

At age 20, Aldric masters both the bow and sword being a quick learner in 4 years time. Aldric decides to join the Order of the Silvermist, seeing the Silvermist Rangers in action. He knew his father would reject to his decision to join the order but he decided to tell him anyway and stand firm with his decision. When night fell, he told Marius what he would do. Marius simply stared at him and turned away. After a long time, Marius said,"Do you know why I join the Knights of the Ebony Gauntlet? Your grandfather's father was killed by the Noldor and your grandfather swore that all his predecessors would join the Knights of the Ebony Gauntlet and hunt the Noldor to the last elf. He pushed me to my limits and I hated him for that. He didn't give me a choice when I was younger but I won't be like your grandfather. If you want to join the Silvermist, I will allow it." The next day, Aldric joined the ranks of the Order of the Silvermist and became a well-known member who is not only deadly with a bow but with a two-handed sword.

Perks:
Quick-learner
Uses both a bow and a 2h sword
Agile
Has been training since he was 10
Honorable
Open-minded

Weakness:
Young, has a lot to learn
Stubborn
Knights of the Ebony Gauntlet hate him particularly for not following his father's footsteps

Sorry if the story is half-baked, was never really good in creative writing  :???:

:grin: another Silvermist! Welcome to the ranks! Not everybody has to have a 30 year backstory worthy of a novel, and yours is great.

Back
Top Bottom