[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Victory progress report lists all active armies. You can't -make- his army appear. Asking Lords and Militia Patrols for rumors might (very low chance) spawn armies but I'm not particularly sure which ones it can spawn.

redsimon said:
I want to find and defeat Obrist Heynrich (AFAIK near Poinsbruk?).
How do I know he hasn't been defeated by the AI yet?
If he is not on the map, how can I make his army appear?
Apart from what @Evvv said, Obrist Heynrich has multiple spawning points, he can also spawn near Cez and somewhere between Javiksholm and Valonbray. He is a rare fellow though among unique spawns... If you haven't paid attention to the notification messages about unique spawns, then you can't be sure if he was already defeated by the AI or not once you meet him (his health might be lowered from a recent fight too). But it doesn't matter, as unique spawns can respawn multiple times, and the AI can't kill them for good or take the rewards for thelmselves if that's what you were afraid of :wink:

If I get better relations with Noldor, I will be attacked by two Noldor lords, also how to winning trial of arms to be included in a order because Riddari and Valkyries beat me in few moments

If you befriend the noldor, they won't attack you.

As for your second question: When in doubt, kill the horse. That's true for many fights as most of the dangerous units in the game are only dangerous to the player because of the mobility their horse give them. Once they're down, you can use your own horse to break their guard and follow with an attack or simply attack as long as you don't maintain the attack button pressed (when you go for that kind of quick attack the AI has a tendancy to lower its guard at the worst possible moment).

@Evvv: Kjuda and Eyegrim can spawn the moment you ask for a rumor (at least from a lord). Not sure for others, I had tons of rumors regarding Syla and Oswald but no spawn so far.

I have problem and too see if there is any fix

Everytime i try to fight a large group of caverly (Jatu) My fps drops below 10 so its unplayable and i cant fight jatu anymore. Anyone have any fix around this? I play on low settings and max 150 in battle

I'd suggest to check if it's a technical issue on your side or simply the whole soldiers + cavalry which is simply too much for your hardware by trying to lure many dshar bandits to follow you to get a battle as big as possible.
If you still have a decent framerate it may be a corrupted file (reinstall both Warband and Pendor) or a problem with your harddrive (there's a disk utility software in windows that should check for defective clusters).

I was defeated by Ravenstern in siege of Javiksholm and I am left with Sigismund and Jocelyn, I wish to continuing playthrough despite these troubles and not start newer one because I have better relations with Noldor, what do

Arnulf Floyd said:
I was defeated by Ravenstern in siege of Javiksholm and I am left with Sigismund and Jocelyn, I wish to continuing playthrough despite these troubles and not start newer one because I have better relations with Noldor, what do

Seems like you answered your own question.

Keep going. Losing is part of the experience.

I have 774 renown and 26 party in day 410 with no castle because I not invest in leadership and charisma, despite siege of Jakivsholm and capture of Koningur Valdis, war not have ended and I have wary relations with Sarleon because I aiding Noldors, I can rebuilit my forces so faster, party size limit is 111, low for mid-game standards

I recommended to start 3.9.1

I need some advice because I am in day 441 with same issues since siege of Javiksholm, I have a 25 men party with 111 limit, but I found no Koningur neither any Fierdsvain, I what do far in playthrough

Gather more men: Your 25 soldiers won't be that much help in a siege (or in anything except for small skirmishes). If your realm is to lose that town then let it be. It's annoying from a player point of view but it's not a real issue.
Raise your renown: 775 is really, really, really low for pendor. At day 226 I'm at 2681 and I didn't even try to raise it. At the same time I could have twice as many men under arms than you (both leadership and charisma are important stats, even more so in pendor than in the base game).
If your stats are low, it's time to hunt some unique spawns to get a bunch of qualis gems and turn them into elixirs.

Once you're more or less back on your feet, try to grab a castle (join the war and help your kindgom, eventually you'll get one). With a walled fief (town or castle) you'll gain in versatility: store your soldier safely here when not needed to increase your XP per quest/battle, gather them when you join the war.

Thanks Hulliam for answers, I know as my renown is even small but I avoid oddities all time, in native is even easy to beat odds. For me early game is hard and intense because I'm lady. I have biesieging alongside my faction but I not get walled settlement in none of my playthroughs. I've learn how to winning better relations with Noldor, but I must invest in leadership and charisma so much since day in which I'm in game. Vanskerry take life of a man or two of mine in every battle, also they have tactic to retreat to edge of map, Heretic warbands are too dangerous because their Magni. Red Brotherhood and Outlaws not are match for me except Rogue Blackheart Squires and Knights. I wish to play Pendor and this is reason for plenty of my questions about gameplay

The early game is always hard in pendor because there're plenty of units with stats way higher than anything in native. Over time your character will be on par with them and even better.

The various outlaw factions can be hard because of their knights: when they spawn with a bow they know how to use it. If you can't deal with them, train in ravenstern territory: the outlaws here will be accompanied by mystmountain units instead of knights which are a lot less dangerous (and overall give more renown).
Vanskerries deal tons of damage with their throwing weapons. It's a good idea to fight them alone if you don't have some pretty powerful units: grab a lance, run in circle until they're out of ammunitions and then simply play the lancer (it takes a long time but it's a good training).
Heretics are probably the easiest faction to solo (even early game with low stats): grab a weapon with decent range and speed and slowly run in circle around them killing the horses. It's mostly about you as a player here: with experience you'll be able to estimate the range to slowly kill them without taking a single point of damage.
Finally serpents can be dealth with roughly the same way you can deal with heretics. But (that's a big but) only if you can kill the priestesses at the very beginning of the fight: with their spears, long range weapons, crossbows and coursers they'll tear through your troops if left unchecked.

If you haven't done I'd suggest reading One guide to kill them all; few things are outdated but it's still a great source of information.

Hey, does anyone know how to disable renown decay?
Also, is it possible to make it so when you capture a castle troops are auto stationed there? (Like what happens when the AI does so).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom