[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
macxxx said:
Hello,
If it has swing damage in its stats then you CAN make a swing, if the only damage type is with "p" then you cant, if it has and you cant - then it means you are wielding it with a shield, take/turn it off (eg. roll mouse wheel)

And here goes my quick question :wink:

With the new look of  Valonbay  i cant find the hidden chest anywhere, could anyone tell its location, im sick and tired of running around town.

/George Castanza The SHIELD Jerry, it was the SHIELD!

macxxx said:
Thank you Arekai, it is in the ship, i missed it because i was riding, and horse couldnt enter the bridge, so i thought that this area is unaccessible, just like other parts ot the town (around buildings, etc), well i was always pathetic at solving riddles ;P

spoilers please.

Centurion1 said:
macxxx said:
Thank you Arekai, it is in the ship, i missed it because i was riding, and horse couldnt enter the bridge, so i thought that this area is unaccessible, just like other parts ot the town (around buildings, etc), well i was always pathetic at solving riddles ;P

spoilers please.

Spoilers.gif

Well you asked.  :lol:

1) The D Shar attack my castle with quite 1500 mens every 3 days, it is the third time now... Where do they get all this soldier so quickly ? from their town and castle ?
2) When you have you own kingdom, it is really a good idea at the beginning to let free the ennemy lord when I defeat them ? Cause even if I let them free, they dont want to join me later because everyone is in war against me and I have only 1 town and 1 castle, the only thing that I can do is defend them.. noone want make the peace.

Thand you in advance and sorry for my approximative English.

Evanok said:
1) The D Shar attack my castle with quite 1500 mens every 3 days, it is the third time now... Where do they get all this soldier so quickly ? from their town and castle ?
2) When you have you own kingdom, it is really a good idea at the beginning to let free the ennemy lord when I defeat them ? Cause even if I let them free, they dont want to join me later because everyone is in war against me and I have only 1 town and 1 castle, the only thing that I can do is defend them.. noone want make the peace.

1) If they have a lot of castles and you don't completely defeat the lords (kill all their troops) it does not take long for them to replenish their troops. I suggest you do the same, and when they attack and lose chase down their weakened lords one-by-one, release the nice ones and take the others prisoner. Priorities are marshall>king>other lords, because if the marshall is taken prisoner they cant mass their army anymore until they choose a new one (rarely happens)
2) Let the ones go that you already have good relations with (+10 or better) and take the others prisoner. If you have low honor you can consider letting the others go too. But DO NOT let go lords with lots of strong troops, like Caliph Hamid and his insane army of crazed killers.

Sounds like you need more right to rule, if that's low you will probably always be at war with all factions.

Baronwes said:
Evanok said:

1) If they have a lot of castles and you don't completely defeat the lords (kill all their troops) it does not take long for them to replenish their troops. I suggest you do the same, and when they attack and lose chase down their weakened lords one-by-one, release the nice ones and take the others prisoner. Priorities are marshall>king>other lords, because if the marshall is taken prisoner they cant mass their army anymore until they choose a new one (rarely happens)
2) Let the ones go that you already have good relations with (+10 or better) and take the others prisoner. If you have low honor you can consider letting the others go too. But DO NOT let go lords with lots of strong troops, like Caliph Hamid and his insane army of crazed killers.

Ok thank you for your help, I will try that

M0rdred said:
I thought it meant you have less lee-way to switch a swing into a block. With a proper weapon even when you have begun to swing you have a brief window to switch to a block, this window of opportunity is reduced with unbalanced... I think.

This ^. Its harder to feint with an unbalanced weapon. The benefit or trade off is that most of these weapons have bonus's versus shields or knock-down effects. You can feint much easier with a sword for instance, allowing you to get through their blocks which is required with good multi-opponent fights. There's so much chambering (riposte) going on with good AI that I find it necessary to feint in close combat.

Which makes a bigger difference in overland speed, mounted companions, horses in inventory, or higher level or mounted units?

So, if i'm riding around with a relatively small number of units, but a good number of companions, that would help a lot, even if the regular troops are unmounted correct

Yes. Also unmounted units with high athletics skill move faster on the map than those with low athletics.

That is why it's a lot better to hire mercs in the begining....hiring recruits will make more trouble than they are worth without proper training skills

Are the Knights of the Dawn the best mounted, melee knighthood order? Is their equipment bad or something to make up for their better starting stats?

kidersx said:
Are the Knights of the Dawn the best mounted, melee knighthood order? Is their equipment bad or something to make up for their better starting stats?

No, their equipment is actually quite good. Heavy plate armour, strong shield and a long knight lance among other things. Knights of the Eventide have equal level and more variety among equipment (a blunt weapon for example) but slightly worse stats. Unfortunately you start out at -40 relations with them.
The main reason why those two are "better" than the other knights is because they are harder to get by. First you have to build up relations to at least 0 and then met specific conditions (i.e. own Valonbray or have Sir Alistair in party).
Otherwise there are the knights of the griffon that make a good case. Only lvl 45 but easy to get and they very often spawn with their lance which makes them quite badass when you let'em charge.

I noticed very little difference between Dawn and Eventide during sieges. Both will fight with one-hand and shield excluding the occasional retard that picks his lance.
Because of their similar stats both are equally usefull.

If you haven't already I urge you to consider the Knights of the Ebony Gauntlet for sieging. They are super heavily armoured crossbowmen that will snipe the defenders of the walls and then charge in to mutilate the lonely remainders.

which is the "better" way to couch,  aiming over the horse, or on the lance side?

is there a way to couch with aiming set to anything other than automatic?

akuthia said:
which is the "better" way to couch,  aiming over the horse, or on the lance side?

is there a way to couch with aiming set to anything other than automatic?
I use manual aim and go for the other riders horse.. too easy for them to parry my lance aside if i aim for the rider. Also my troops get the kill, so less exp for me.. means i won't level as fast, and enemy(or potential enemy, when i have yet to start my kingdom) lord parties won't grow as fast. Few cases where it wont work, darn netherworld horses and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom