[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
thermocline said:
Yes, although they don't get distributed evenly... I think the uppermost party in the list takes most if not all of them.

How do my friendly lords gain troops in their party? Do they generate troops when in castles/cities?

Also, thanks for replying.

Every lord can recruit packs of troops using his own money. He must be inside his(village attached to it makes castle his own for this purpose afaik) own walled fief, have enough money and be below his maximum amount of troops. They can also go to their village and recruit. I saw it only once, lord was next to his own village, got 1 pendor recruit added to his party after a while. If lord has household troops or order troops available, he will recruit them in packs as well. Those packs are usually small amounts of troops like for example 5 for higher tiers and 10 for lower tier troops per wave.

During siege How do I tell my archers to go to the tower wall where they can shoot at enemies  climbing the ladder???
There always spawn some but no archers replace those who get shot there!!!
They just bunch up and go to the melee mosh pit.
Also, there was 1 enemy unit left stuck in some spikes and none of my troops coild get him, wasted 30 minutes of fighting!!!!

Archers wanted to reinforce the other side, chokepoint was on the way. Default command to order them to reinforce those points is stand ground. IF you know a better spot, you can order them to hold your position, but do it with F command buttons, you wont make it through tab window.

Some maps are meant to fit 150 troops, not more. Even then chances are that something gets stuck in those spikes. Those are default warband maps, nothing from this mod.

How the hell do i make other factions stop declaring war after war? Ive been fighting for weeks and I want to catch a breather.
Also, enemy lords keep sieging my 2 castles which is !@#!! Annoying. Do I just tell my lords (im marshal) to all garrison my castles???!

Main disadvantage is that lords will not protect the surrounding area, farmers will get killed, villages will be raided, your faction caravans as well.
If your castle is being besieged often, garrison more troops or wait untill they are launching the siege and help defending.

JohnnyZhu said:
Is there any disadvantage to let lords garrison castles instead of patrolling? Otherwise i keep getting sieged
I enjoy doing this as you can get a massive garrison you don't explicitly pay for.

JohnnyZhu said:
How the hell do i make other factions stop declaring war after war? Ive been fighting for weeks and I want to catch a breather.
Also, enemy lords keep sieging my 2 castles which is !@#!! Annoying. Do I just tell my lords (im marshal) to all garrison my castles???!

When you're first starting out with your kingdom, and you presumably have 1 or 2 towns and a couple castles, you want to beat their initial force in one siege defense. If they siege a town, like you said, send all your vassals to that town and capture all their lords. Don't release them for money, as that decreases the odds of them making peace. That's why it's important to have a really good town and a ton of money before starting your kingdom. I.e. Marleons - you lose 100 units for every 700 of theirs. Rane and some of the other Ravenstern towns are excellent defensively too. If you have a town like Laria or Ethos it will just get sacked repeatedly. Either way it's a grind for a while until you have enough vassals and territories.

I love starting with Ethos. Of course it is planned to be mine long before I actually go independent, but oh yeah, tons of villages...

Hey, I haven't played for like 3 years, so I got a few questions!

1. How many lords should I have? I don't want to have too many, I was thinking something like 2-3 villages per lord, 1 castle + maybe a village or a town per lord, is that too much/too little? I remember recruiting the hell out of every lord in my previous game and that didn't end too well, but that was in an earlier version of the mod, of course.

2. How many towns/castle/villages do you people usually keep for yourself when king/queen?

Obviously both of those questions depend on the way you wanna play, I'm just wondering what other people do! Thank you! :smile:

Pony said:
1. How many lords should I have? I don't want to have too many, I was thinking something like 2-3 villages per lord, 1 castle + maybe a village or a town per lord, is that too much/too little? I remember recruiting the hell out of every lord in my previous game and that didn't end too well, but that was in an earlier version of the mod, of course.
As many of the "good" ones as you can convince.

"Good" ones = Upstanding and Good Natured as they never quarrel among themselves. Martial may work too, but they could become troublesome if you have too many

Pony said:
2. How many towns/castle/villages do you people usually keep for yourself when king/queen?
Sarleon as the capital, another town with as many villages as possible to ensure a steady flow of recruits and a castle in case I wish to fool around with a CKO.

Pony said:
Hey, I haven't played for like 3 years, so I got a few questions!

Obviously both of those questions depend on the way you wanna play, I'm just wondering what other people do! Thank you! :smile:

1. None, imprison all of those pretentious little ****s and conquer the world yourself  :twisted:

2. Maximun before tax inefficiency, usually 3-4 walled and rest villages

Is there a list of the factions that can actually spawn uniques/armies? I'm deciding if any of the minor factions should be worked towards a positive relation so i can ignore them, such as red brotherhood for instance... Obviously if they spawn uniques there'd be no point in raising them since I'd have to clear that other than Noldor...

Arctic_Howler said:
Is there a list of the factions that can actually spawn uniques/armies? I'm deciding if any of the minor factions should be worked towards a positive relation so i can ignore them, such as red brotherhood for instance... Obviously if they spawn uniques there'd be no point in raising them since I'd have to clear that other than Noldor...

See for yourself http://pop3.wikia.com/wiki/Unique_Spawns

SelfAppointedTyrant said:
Thinking about it, it's easier to just be the man behind the scenes, it's easier to help a kingdom as it's vassal.

As long as you break free when they start denying your rightful claims. :smile:

What can a maxed out "persuasion" skill do apart from help calm argumentative companions.  Can I stop enemies attacking me, Get more frequent rumours in taverns, convince Lords to "follow me, I have a cunning plan" ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom