22nd v IG Non-Drama rule discussion thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

I know, but the thread title and Arch3rs not so well worded first post were a little misleading, as you can tell by the first page of popcorn grabbing. Figured I'd rather change the thread title than come back in the morning for a thread full of drama.

Then again maybe I've just been spending too much time in the American Server threads.

Moss said:
Complaining about drama by making an obvious drama thread is kind of ironic dontchathink? Seems like there's actual discussion in this thread though oddly enough.

Eiríkr Rauði said:
Drama!

Arch3r man, what the frickle is this thread for? This is dangerous! There's a chance that ye're going to be getting the master drama-llama in soon, the King, ginger-haired and quite tempestuous. Once summoned, it is difficult to beat back away and requires a whole host of calming techniques and measures such as rubbing behind the ears, a gentle caress of the shoulders or a good fondle.
Squeaky Llama gets the oil. No one ever gives me gentle calming caresses. :sad:

Moss; if you were more prone towards over-exaggerated and elongated passages of writing I'd be more than happy to give you a gentle caress or two.  :lol:

Goker said:
Better than to have them littering the Off-Schedule results thread I guess. I really don't see why they couldn't have the match and get over it.
This, this thread was merely a diversion. Now just arrange a new date and play and stop whining >:I

Moss said:
the thread title and Arch3rs not so well worded first post
Hmhm, was in a hurry, just wrote something down within 1 minute to get the **** out of the Off-schedule results thread.

Seriously .... AGAIN ?

berlusconi_facepalm_www-zaaap_-net_.jpg

: D

We are internally discussing about postponing the match and have not yet come to a conclusion; nonetheless I feel that an answer to sadnhappy's post is necessary as some facts were not presented correctly.

sadnhappy said:
First of all, original deadline for the match was 18/07/2011, that is last week's Monday. At the start of this month you guys asked for a two-three week delay of the match since a lot of your folks were on holidays, most notable all your higher up guys. And, having good manners, courtesy and sportsmanship, we the 22nd agreed to your request of postponing the match for weeks even though we could have said "No, we want the match at this date and time and if you can't come, it's a default win for us". But we did not, obviously. Think about that for few days and then make a post about demanding a default win would you please?

[...]

I am disappoint. If talks about default win are really starting, it's by and large a default win for the 22nd. We delayed the match for three weeks because of IG request in the first place even though we had an option to declare it a default win for us. But we are better than that.

It is true that we asked to play the match after the original deadline. And we are grateful that you agreed to our request.

The situation was quite different from this one, however:

• We asked before the deadline ended and before any match-date was agreed upon.
  • We were prepared to fight with the disadvantage of our leaders missing, should you have disagreed.
  • We had enough players to fight the match. Hence there is no reason why you would have won by default - we would have been there at the agreed time with sufficient players (had we agreed on a time and not mutually agreed and gotten the consent of captainlust to play after the deadline)
  • It is in accordance with the rules to ask for postponing match-dates before the match started.

In this case, to the best of my knowledge, as I understood from various conversations and messages, the situation was different:

• You 'asked' for the game to be postponed after the match-date was agreed, in fact after the match had started
  • According to some information you did not actually ask or discuss the problem with us to find a solution like playing 10 vs 8, 8 vs 8 or postponing the match, but rather decided yourselves to postpone
  • As the match-date was already agreed upon, players had taken time to prepare and play, cancelling other appointments in some cases. This was not the case when we asked you to play after the deadline
  • You are responsible for your roster and I find it hard to believe that you cannot field 8 players - even if some have internet problems.
  • Had you not agreed to play after the deadline, we would have played before then. The decision to agree to our request was yours, just as now the decision to agree to your request is ours and not something you can decide for us.
  • It is not in accordance with the rules to fail to appear to a scheduled match and then ask or rather demand the match to be postponed.

In short: The situation when we asked you to play after the deadline was different. You cannot argue that by not agreeing to postpone now we refuse to show you the same courtesy that you had showed us. Furthermore, there is no reason why you would have been awarded a default win; we broke no rules. You did.

sadnhappy said:
Secondly, the ENL servers kept crashing which caused further confusion. Not only was I at the ENL (when it was online) server I was having steam and TS chat windows open with multiple people talking to me at the same time, in other words extremely busy, whether or not the request of post-poning came after the clock striked over 18BST is irrelevant.

While I see why crashing servers would create confusion, I don't see how that makes it impossible to field ten or eight players. Nor do I see why that makes it impossible to communicate with us and discuss the problem. Whether the request of postponing came after 18BST is relevant. First of all, the longer you wait with the request, the longer our players wait not knowing what happens and waste their time. Secondly, the rules say that it is relevant.

sadnhappy said:
Thirdly, what IG did was they spied our TS box window and came up with their own conclusions about the numbers of our team. Members such as coffee'n'smokes, Broomstick and Nike (and yes, Nike, not Nico as IG presumed falsely) are NOT in our ENL team. Also there were members who were experiencing really bad, unforeseen internet connection problems.

If you use a program called "tsviewer" in the public section of your website, I would hardly call looking at that 'spying'.

As I already wrote, it is hard to believe that you do not have ten or eight players ready to fight. Your roster for the ENL includes 31 players and agreed to be able to field the required number of players. Also you are reputed to be a big and powerful clan, so it seems hard to compute that you have less then eight players able to play.

Consequently it seems quite sensible to me, if players take a look at your public tsviewer to see if you indeed have less then eight players. Keep in mind that our members prepared for the match, waited and in some cases cancelled appointments - not playing because you did not want to, while having the sufficient players would not be something they would want to do. Checking that you had no more then seven players on TS, would correlate with what you said and therefore seems very sensible.

coffee'n'smokes and Broomstick are not new members as far as I can recall, so I would wonder why they are not in your team. It is 22nd-business and not something that concerns me, but so is the presence of your members at the time of the match.

SCGavin said:
We are internally discussing about postponing the match and have not yet come to a conclusion; nonetheless I feel that an answer to sadnhappy's post is necessary as some facts were not presented correctly.

I am not in ENL and I normally dont come here. However I have my sources and this needs to be said;
Keep your discussion in PMs and other channels and stay away from the public stage. I feel that only Lust is supposed to make a public statement about the final decision. In this he is, without doubt, neutral.

By posting your 'answer' you are only invited SadnHappy (and others who feel they need to respond, most likely) to defend their clan and its decisions publicly. You should both delete your replies and leave this thread for the joke that it was.

Vermin said:
SCGavin said:

I am not in ENL and I normally dont come here. However I have my sources and this needs to be said;
Keep your discussion in PMs and other channels and stay away from the public stage. I feel that only Lust is supposed to make a public statement about the final decision. In this he is, without doubt, neutral.

By posting your 'answer' you are only invited SadnHappy (and others who feel they need to respond, most likely) to defend their clan and its decisions publicly. You should both delete your replies and leave this thread for the joke that it was.

I couldn't have said it better.

Let's postpone all important matches to September. Playing in August sucks, because we all take holidays, and even when we are not in holidays, the weather makes our hands wet (leading to unnecessary failblocks) and our graphic cards to overheat.

Vermin said:
SCGavin said:

+3

(my dog and my cat agrees aswell)

arsenic_vengeur said:
Let's postpone all important matches to September. Playing in August sucks, because we all take holidays, and even when we are not in holidays, the weather makes our hands wet (leading to unnecessary failblocks) and our graphic cards to overheat.
let's just postpone all matches to september, not only "important ones".
Unless of course both clans agree to play in august.

But I see that 22nd vs IG seems to be a little different affair

I also think all matches should be played in September.

And all matches are equally important, what are you on about?  :wink:
Every match effects each division equally, as with every league that exists.

You are all a part of CoR now, just as we are part of Einhawhaw and Shiledings and Sexy Turks. So your matches also count as super importantzors.

Back
Top Bottom