Voting Poll:World Map Travel Speed... FIXED! (3.91b4)

How well does the game run after the in-game month of Feburuary?

• 10. Better than Native.

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • 9.Like Native.

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • 8. Map speed is good most of the time.

Votes: 14 12.3%
  • 7. A few drops in FPS but very rarely

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • 6. Occasional lag before diplomatic messages.

Votes: 12 10.5%
  • 5. Lag every now and then but it hasn't stop me from playing.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • 4. I get lag regardless of what happens

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • 3. Lag every 5 seconds

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • 2. So much lag it ruins my expirience to enjoy the mod.

Votes: 13 11.4%
  • 1. LAG LAG LAGGITY LAG... Stupid mod...

Votes: 8 7.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Computica said:
Thanks everyone, the longer you play the game the more the game will reach back to normal speeds. You guys are using some pretty fast cores BTW. I think regarldess of the speed of your core the game engine is limited to the speed that it can process scripts.

I think your right, I have a pretty fast CPU and it still lags like crap when I control space, wait here for a while, or do anything that speeds up the game in fast motion. Must be the engine, not my computer. My specs below,
Starting new log file.
Version:  1.143

-- OS: Microsoft Windows 7  Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
-- RAM: Available physical RAM: 4095MB/4096MB
-- CPU:        Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz (GenuineIntel)
- L2 cache size: 256K
- CPU Features: FPU MMX SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3 EST HTT
- Number of CPUs: 8 ( Speed: ~3410MHz / ~3410MHz / ~3410MHz / ~3410MHz / ~3410MHz / ~3410MHz / ~3410MHz / ~3410MHz )

-- GPU:
- D3D9 Adapter: 0 / Driver: nvd3dum.dll / Description: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
- Texture Memory: 4069 ( Available Texture Memory: 4054 )

I don't find this to be a big issue at all, except when resting in a town, castle, or camping or ctrl-space. I'd like to avoid losing pieces of the diplomacy code, as it's a very nice feature, particularly for this mod...

cardgame said:
I don't find this to be a big issue at all, except when resting in a town, castle, or camping or ctrl-space. I'd like to avoid losing pieces of the diplomacy code, as it's a very nice feature, particularly for this mod...
Yes, I still have it really really far into the game. Nearing 200 days of game and the nightly "diplomacy message" delay seems to have disappeared. In general there's always bits of lag every 10s or so regardless possibly this one is related to sheer mapsize and number of parties?

If it's the Diplomacy, maybe I can help it along by killing off factions...

First of all I'd like to thank you for all your work on this mod! It's definitely one of the best mods for warband out there and it is coming along nicely.

On to business:

Running with Low Res Map Textures and the 60% map.txt from the Optional folder.

I lag every couple of seconds with or without a diplomacy message. It isn't too bad but when I try to use the CTRL+SPACE feature it lags horribly!

Specs:

-- OS: Microsoft Windows 7  Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
-- RAM: Available physical RAM: 4095MB/4096MB
-- CPU: AMD A8-3850 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (AuthenticAMD)
- L1 cache size: 64K
- L2 cache size: 1024K
- CPU Features: FPU MMX SSE SSE2 SSE3 HTT 3DNow! Ex3DNow! MmxExt
- Number of CPUs: 4 ( Speed: ~2894MHz / ~2894MHz / ~2894MHz / ~2894MHz )

-- GPU:
- D3D9 Adapter: 0 / Driver: nvd3dum.dll / Description: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450
- Texture Memory: 4065 ( Available Texture Memory: 4045 )

I have all my settings jacked up to maximum and am into a year and a half. My computer isnt really high end, and as far as computer geeks go it was top of the line 4 years ago.  Honestly i doubt if your mod has any memory leaks.

My specs using dxdiag:

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: MSI
      System Model: MS-7366
              BIOS: Default System BIOS
          Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU    Q6600  @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
            Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4096MB RAM
          Page File: 5874MB used, 2427MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Windows 7 Professional 64Bit with all updates
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Box Edition (4x 3,2 GHz)
Asus HD 6670 1024 GDDR5 (overlocked by default)
4GB DDR3 RAM PC1600
Asus Mainboard with energy saving options (EPU) enabled

The game purrs like a kitten.

Computica said:
I've got really good news everyone. The map lag that has been plaguing the game since its 1st release is finally gone as of 3.91 Beta 4.  :cool:

when will be the release date for Beta 4?

Since the MAP Speed is a BIG DEAL I'll be releasing beta 4 today. right now my time here is 9:04 AM so I'll say I should be done at 3:04pm that should be enough time to do a bit of testing and working on the economy. So I'll set the patch release of 3.91B4 here as I've done with the other beta's. anything else I don't finish will be in the official release. So that is 6 hours and anytime between that time. I'll keep everyone posted.

Computica said:
Since the MAP Speed is a BIG DEAL I'll be releasing beta 4 today. right now my time here is 9:04 AM so I'll say I should be done at 3:04pm that should be enough time to do a bit of testing and working on the economy. So I'll set the patch release of 3.91B4 here as I've done with the other beta's. anything else I don't finish will be in the official release. So that is 6 hours and anytime between that time. I'll keep everyone posted.

6 hours from now, can't wait for it .maybe i should take a nap for a while lol  :lol:

LucaBlight said:
Computica said:

6 hours from now, can't wait for it .maybe i should take a nap for a while lol  :lol:
I'm actually starting to feel tired myself. I might not be ready to release it in 6 hours though. I could release it now but so far I've chosen not to.

Let me step back on the release and work on this until I'm satisfied. I've made many improvements since beta 3. So let me give 3.91 a proper "official" release. For now I don't have a release date yet people, I'm going to work on this a bit more until all the plans on the list are in the game.

I don't suppose 3.91b4 is save-game compatible, right? that would be too cool, after all the effort to rererebuild again?

Simply because I'm EVIL!!!

Actually I thought you wouldn't answer this one so I posted it in the topic relating to the patches.... I was quite stressed about it, since I don't want another restart!!!!

Cheers

So was the patch with the map speed fix ever released? I can downloaded 3.91b3f1, is that the right patch? If so, my map still stutters. :sad:

That makes me sad. When you said that the lag was fixed i was like  :grin:, then when you said you wont be releasing it I was like  :cry:
Anyway I hope you clear up w/e it is thats going on. Can't wait for the release and thx for all your hardwork.

The map lag is Diplomacy i heard. Apparently it is creating alot of lag because it is processing scripts faster than wb engine can handle. Computica, maybe try disabling it and testing it and see if it changes anything.

Edit: Ive not put my system details because ive not played SoD yet but i will when 4.0 comes out it looks great. But i'd rather wait to be blown away by the full package!

Back
Top Bottom