HYW - Bug Reports (v6.0)

Users who are viewing this thread

The Hundred Years War Mod doesn't change much of the scripts & triggers of the original Mount & Blade (yet), so this thread shouldn't be filled with reports.

Still, if you've find a bug that does appear to be linked to the mod, here is the place to post it.

Known bugs:

To remove the font:

Go into 'Modules\Hundred Years War\Textures', and delete Font.dds, and also delete FONT_DATA.XML from 'Modules\Hundred Years War\Data'.

Some small bugs

-If you do the quest where you hunt down outlaws and check your quest menu it still sais hunt down river pirates.

-As a member of the French army I tried to get Hugues from Toulouse by sneaking in but when I talked to the guard my game crashed to desktop (Ill check this one again) :arrow: This one seems odd because I tried that again and now it worked

Occasionally -- and I've even had this happen in vanilla -- dialogue can cause CTDs in .751. Storymod is notorious for such crashes. As mods go, Hundred Years War is a remarkably bug-free mod. My compliments!

After save and exiting in a town, when i go on again and try to leave the town, it always chrashes. Blue screen with white writing, so I need to turn the computer off.
It destroys the file as you cannot leave the town without crashing.

When loading it for the first time it couldn't find beard_f and crashed to the desktop.

Ill reinstall it again, or maybe redownload it.

Sir Prince said:
When loading it for the first time it couldn't find beard_f and crashed to the desktop.

Ill reinstall it again, or maybe redownload it.
The Hundred Years War Mod is a full conversion of Mount & Blade v0.751 based on... the Hundred Years War.

np. :wink:

The pork goods and part of the apples goods are missing textures. The morningstar with the thin spikes is listed as a spiked mace IIRC and does blunt damage. That's all I found after an hour and a half. I love it already.

Dryvus said:
The pork goods and part of the apples goods are missing textures. The morningstar with the thin spikes is listed as a spiked mace IIRC and does blunt damage. That's all I found after an hour and a half. I love it already.
Right, thanks.

The download seems quite slow and I'm not getting to play it too soon, so I'd like to know whether the english knights now have other weapons than lances, too. So, how is it?

Sound Chaser said:
The download seems quite slow and I'm not getting to play it too soon, so I'd like to know whether the english knights now have other weapons than lances, too. So, how is it?
Yes, all knights now have side-arms.

EDIT: Most. Just had a French Knight without one.

When i enter a village the giant piles of wood are just black and some other things are black.

Not really a bug, but a lot of items lack capitalization and scabbards, also, some shields have the old grip.

This is really minor, though.

One of the new great helms is missing a texture I think... but yea, you'd need to change some of the item names... since English warhorse 6 sounds slightly dodgy... just be creative. We all know you can be... you're not the mod of the Tavern without a reason...

otherwise, great work on the porting!

CompanionCake said:
Indeed.
Also, some of the textures on the Surcoats are too bold, it seems...weird.
Though maybe it's because I'm using DX7 Shaders.

'Tis true, the red and blue colors are VERY saturated - perhaps a bit too much?

All RR-raptors swords are missing scabbards.

When entering Brest, you get "You have entered Zendar" - likewise the horse trader is the Zendar horse merchant.

Kind suggestions
---------------------------
King Edwards' Mustach shows through his jousting helmet, which I personally think should be removed - it is useless in open warfare.

Supplement or substitute the faction heraldic armors with surcoats over maille, likewise make a faction version of each of the maille-and-plate armors - they are the most period you'll get, along with the coat of plates.

Seff said:
'Tis true, the red and blue colors are VERY saturated - perhaps a bit too much?

All RR-raptors swords are missing scabbards.

When entering Brest, you get "You have entered Zendar" - likewise the horse trader is the Zendar horse merchant.

It must be your shaders, because it looks just fine one mine. Also, I put native sheathes on all the swords, so you should be able to see them.

I'll see about the Zendar bit.

Kind suggestions
---------------------------
King Edwards' Mustach shows through his jousting helmet, which I personally think should be removed - it is useless in open warfare.
Which, the mustache or the helmet?  :razz:
Supplement or substitute the faction heraldic armors with surcoats over maille, likewise make a faction version of each of the maille-and-plate armors - they are the most period you'll get, along with the coat of plates.
It is a good idea, but I don't know if I'm going to try making more items. If someone else wants to make them though, I would be quite happy to put them in.

Back
Top Bottom