Mount&Blade Cartographer | Just my own spin-off...

Users who are viewing this thread

Very strange bug. Been using the tool for over a month now and working fine. Today I made some more changes to the map, but when I load the map in Warband the game just forever hangs on launching game. It also hangs on the same part when loading saves. Swapping out the updated file to the old file fixes the hanging for both.

On loading game I didn't think the game read the current map.txt? So seems odd it's hanging on that. Even stranger is my export settings from Blender haven't changed and everything in the cartographer works fine. I didn't change anything in the module_parties.py either, so it's only the map.txt causing problems. Any idea wth has happened? Could my cartographer tool files be corrupt?

Hi Swyter, the mod seems to work fine when I open the cartographer with default settings, but when I try to use my own modsys (with what I understand as the exact equivalent to your original setup) I get this error message. I've tried using my regular module folder, I've compiled and also used the build_module as instructed. I'm a complete noob, so please be merciful!
Found MAB installation on <C:\Program Files (x86)\Mount&Blade>
Found WB installation on <C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MountBlade Warband>
Msys folder at <C:\Users\Soren\Documents\Swyter\Swyter-cartographer-a69d41873a37\res\my msys>
Module folder at <C:\Users\Soren\Documents\Swyter\Swyter-cartographer-a69d41873a37\res\mod>
@--start loading font xml
    width:2048  height:1024    padding:5
  font loaded in 0.007s
@--start loading font dds
SOIL DDS created a new texture with handle 1
@--start parsing map
  ended parsing 0.099s
20791 vertex, 41387 faces
  ended filling arrays 0.144s
ly:15.979083    lz:399.73822    lz wins!        keeping coordinate system
@--start parsing parties
luajit: .\mab-parties.lua:66: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value
stack traceback:
        .\mab-parties.lua:66: in function 'load'
        cartographer.lua:58: in main chunk
        [C]: ?

I seem to be getting a similar error to Llamaviking

Found WB installation on <C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MountBlade Warband>
Msys folder at <C:\Users\ryant\OneDrive\Documents\Game mods\MnB\VC2 Source>
Module folder at <C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MountBlade Warband\Modules\Viking Conquest 2>
  font loaded in 0.008s
@--start parsing map
  ended parsing 0.361s
56923 vertex, 113799 faces
  ended filling arrays 0.513s
ly:11.8716      lz:420  lz wins!        keeping coordinate system
@--start parsing parties
stack traceback:

something about a nil value... I will keep trying to find a fix but any help would be appreciated

I'm having the exact same problem. It looks like an issue with the VC map outright. I think it's somewhere in module_parties.py, since I can load the map with a copy of native's module_parties.py dumped right in the VC source folder.

i have issue  :sad: :
Found WB installation on <D:\Gamez\Steam\steamapps\common\MountBlade Warband>
Msys folder at <D:\Masa├╝st├╝\Module_system 1.171>
Module folder at <>
luajit: .\mab-font.lua:22: bad argument #1 to 'lines' (\..\..\Data\FONT_DATA.XML: No such file or directory)
stack traceback:
        [C]: in function 'lines'
        .\mab-font.lua:22: in function 'load'
        cartographer.lua:46: in main chunk

Ryantheskinny said:
I seem to be getting a similar error to Llamaviking

Msys folder at <C:\Users\ryant\OneDrive\Documents\Game mods\MnB\VC2 Source>
Module folder at <C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MountBlade Warband\Modules\Viking Conquest 2>
  font loaded in 0.008s
@--start parsing map
  ended parsing 0.361s
  ended filling arrays 0.513s
@--start parsing parties
stack traceback:

something about a nil value... I will keep trying to find a fix but any help would be appreciated

This specific error is being caused because Cartographer has incorrectly identified a line in module_parties.py as a valid tuple when it isn't.
This is probably cause by someone trying to organize their python when tuples get really long.
Like the party in Viking conquest: party id ="aescesdun"  which has a really long troop list so the coder hit return every now and then to make it easier to read. Python doesn't care but Cartographer does. It thinks each return is a new tuple and trys to process the co-ordinance. Go to your module_parties.py and make sure there aren't any multi line tuples. Make sure each tuple is on its own line and only one line.

Hårfager said:
So i was wondering.. how do i load up the VC map with Cartographer? Everytime i run it, it opens up the vanilla warband map.

read the instructions to see how to setup (choose) the module you are working with.

you will also need to change your module_parties.py (parties.txt) and remove the extra troops from some parties, as VC uses them for a couple story related centers

I have been using your cartographer for a while now but I have recently come across a problem/bug or whatever it can be called. My map has several islands totally seperated from the mainland and I can not move any parties onto the islands. By saying I can not move any parties to the islands, I mean that whenever I move the parties and save them, they appear on the map as they have never been moved at all. How can one find a solution to this?

Getting this error when I attempted to run the cartographer:
Code:
@--start parsing parties
stack traceback:
This could be the solution:
This specific error is being caused because Cartographer has incorrectly identified a line in module_parties.py as a valid tuple when it isn't.
This is probably cause by someone trying to organize their python when tuples get really long.
Like the party in Viking conquest: party id ="aescesdun"  which has a really long troop list so the coder hit return every now and then to make it easier to read. Python doesn't care but Cartographer does. It thinks each return is a new tuple and trys to process the co-ordinance. Go to your module_parties.py and make sure there aren't any multi line tuples. Make sure each tuple is on its own line and only one line.

Problem is I have no knowledge of coding and have no idea what a tuple even is. If someone could guide me I could attempt to fix it myself.

I have the same problem :c
Code:
    width:2048  height:1024     padding:5
   font loaded in 0.015s
@--start parsing map
   ended parsing 0.39s
   ended filling arrays 0.531s
@--start parsing parties
stack traceback:

Hi guys.
Can someone please help me fix this annoying issue I am having with this program.
Every time I load up the cartographer its like my map icons do a 180. No matter what I do I cannot fix this. I have tried for the past month or two and it is driving me insane.

Thanks guys.

Edit: Seems to do this after every time I save map.txt (F5).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom