Weird screen tearing

Users who are viewing this thread

viggecool

Grandmaster Knight
So I bought a new graphics card a couple of weeks ago, and when I installed it I noticed a line that whent across the screen and teard everything that moved.
I tried a lot of different things like turning on vsync in CCC but it didn't work and I couldn't find anything on google.
So do you guys know any solution to this? I'm going to upload some pics soon but I will have to make them myself because it won't be capured with "PrtScn".

EDIT: So I made this pic to show how it looks.
tearu.jpg

Are you sure you installed it properly? I remeber I had a problem like that with my old PC because I had uninstalled it.

Well considering that most people are smart enough to install new hardware only when the computer is full turned off, I'd hope so.

Is it ATI or Nvidia, have you updated drivers? This is the sort of stuff that we need to know.

Yes, I did restart the computer after I installed it. It is An ATI card. I have the latest drivers. It's not just the browser, it's always there, and the weird part is that it actually disapeard once, but now it's back.

Did you uninstalled old drivers before installing new one?

Everytime I have seen that screen tearing while scrolling down in browser, has been when I haven't had yet proper drivers installed.

Maybe something went wrong with installing new drivers, you could try uninstalling it and then reinstalling again. And of course always restarting computer between each step.

Back
Top Bottom