[BUGS] Freelancer 1.1 Bugs and Fixes. (LOCKED)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a bug where the lord I was enlisted to (Emir Nuam) dialog, when I requested an audience, got replaced with that of a traveling group of village farmers, so my options go to 1. Attack, and 2. Leave him alone.  It happened right after we fought some farmers so that might have had something to do with it, but anyway it makes it impossible to leave his service, unless I desert him, but I would rather not since it took me a while to get his relation up.

Jon Shankmaster said:
Had a bug where the lord I was enlisted to (Emir Nuam) dialog, when I requested an audience, got replaced with that of a traveling group of village farmers, so my options go to 1. Attack, and 2. Leave him alone.  It happened right after we fought some farmers so that might have had something to do with it, but anyway it makes it impossible to leave his service, unless I desert him, but I would rather not since it took me a while to get his relation up.

Thanks Jon, don't delete the save just yet. We are looking at to why that's happening, anyone else having the issue, thats twice now...more with Brytenwalda guys tho.

I should preface this by saying that I don't believe this is an actual bug, more or less just an issue. Anyway, my issue is that when defeated and your lord is captured, it removes you from his service, which means you have to re-enlist and start over again at the default rank.

This was kind of a bummer, after I had worked my Character up quite high in the troop tree. I know I could just kind of fudge it and use the same equipment I had anyway, and carry on as I was, but then it takes much longer to legitimately get back to where you were, and gain another rank.

Other than that, I love the mod and the concept. I've always liked the Idea of being just a cog in the machine.

using 1.134 btw

dan_457 said:
I should preface this by saying that I don't believe this is an actual bug, more or less just an issue. Anyway, my issue is that when defeated and your lord is captured, it removes you from his service, which means you have to re-enlist and start over again at the default rank.

This was kind of a bummer, after I had worked my Character up quite high in the troop tree. I know I could just kind of fudge it and use the same equipment I had anyway, and carry on as I was, but then it takes much longer to legitimately get back to where you were, and gain another rank.

Other than that, I love the mod and the concept. I've always liked the Idea of being just a cog in the machine.

using 1.134 btw

Cheers Dan, we hope to have that issue removed by next issue, the faction and what rank you last were will be saved we hope, so you can move backwards and forwards like a real merc and follow the flow of blood and money :wink:

Just to let you guys know, I'm getting lists and lists of error messages :/

Also sometimes the text of how much damage you did and the text of a killed enemy/friend by a friend/enemy/yourself isn't listed :/ And these text SHOULD be there because they are activated and sometimes to appear

PS: Really this mod is like the perfect EXTRA modification to Native :grin: Sadly it has been released along with the heartbreaking update 1.143 :razz:

Has anyone else had noblewomen talking like lords? I asked one to marry me, and she did the dialogue where she says other women have captured her affections, and they also have the option to recruit you with the freelancer feature.

rkid3 said:
Has anyone else had noblewomen talking like lords? I asked one to marry me, and she did the dialogue where she says other women have captured her affections, and they also have the option to recruit you with the freelancer feature.

I have :smile: One of the ladies asked me to visit her :smile: I tried and sneaked in the castle. Normally when you talk to her, you finish the quest, Nothing happened except she was talking like a lord. When I saw her on a feast, the quest was finished :smile:

So yes, I have :smile:

Unfortunately the latest patches have messed up some native, I can assure you we have not touched those areas of code whatsoever . I have not yet herd from my testers any of these either (crosses fingers)...but tons of problems all over :sad: ..great time to release a new feature to the game. lul

To be fair it's genuinely the best feature i've seen added to M&B. Opens up a completely new way of playing.

Found a rather large bug. While a soldier in Count Regas's army, (Swadia) we attacked a town, Halmar, owned by the Khergits.. Easily defeated the first wave, but in the second wave, assaulting the streets, the Khergits were my allies and the Swadians were my enemies. Nothing about the spawning changed, so I was killed pretty quickly by the Swadians. I am unsure if this has already been reported.

Noobertuber said:
Found a rather large bug. While a soldier in Count Regas's army, (Swadia) we attacked a town, Halmar, owned by the Khergits.. Easily defeated the first wave, but in the second wave, assaulting the streets, the Khergits were my allies and the Swadians were my enemies. Nothing about the spawning changed, so I was killed pretty quickly by the Swadians. I am unsure if this has already been reported.

Yep, another great (new) native bug :sad:

SuperNova said:
Christ.. and they called it a patch? lol

Well video killed the radio star , patches killed the freelance-a :grin: (well they tried to)

Lord Lukjan said:
There is a problem with equipment..when i became a Mmamluke..i had only lance-.-.....i needed to cheat my nice scimitar..but heck:sad:(there are similiar problems with other classes too...
Not a bug, this is working as designed. Equipment works as follows:
-As a player, you are guaranteed all armors that the troop-class/level has access to, whether or not they have them guaranteed or only a chance. (With the in-process changes, shields are guaranteed in this way, too.)
-If the troop class is guaranteed a horse or ranged weapon, the player is guaranteed those as well. If not guaranteed a horse, the player will not be given a horse and will not be allowed to enter battle mounted. If not guaranteed a ranged weapon, ranged weapons follow the patterns of other weapons.
-A player has a one in three chance of getting a weapon of a certain type (one-handed, two-handed, bow, etc) so long as the troop-class the player is assigned has access to weapons of that type.
-After the 33% chances play out, the player is ensured to have at least one melee weapon.

If you'd like the equipment system to be changed, feel free to post a suggestion.

taragoth said:
Duh said:
See above. It might be related to the recent warband patches. Anybody seeing this behavior either in native or with another mod please tell us before we go on a witchhunt and there is no witch.

This has been confirmed as a 1.143 issue. I'll find the post and link it here. No witch Hunt today sorry duh.
I'd appreciate this link as well...would investigate the Native mod sys for any changes if this truly happens in Native.

I don't see this reported anywhere on the BugTracker, so the Dev's might not know about it. Someone experiencing this with Native should report it.

Duh said:
SuperNova said:
Don't know if it's a bug, but I just had a battle in which both armies were circling around each other for about ten to twenty minutes. It made me very, very sad.  :razz:
Thats native AI.

The reason you see this here and not in Native is in Native, you only see the AI completely control one side of a battle. Controlling both is bound to have effects like this some times. We could look into doing some counter measures to force a charge after X amount of time, of course.

First a little praise: Always wanted this option, so this is a gift from heaven that fell into my lap (:
Now for the bug: I'm with count Clais, latest patch of the game and all (though not the siege fix) and i'm not getting any shields..... As Swadian Knight I got the proper armour (though no mittens) a lance, a sword....But no shield. I can't blame the fact that I don't have the atributes, cause well....I'm the closest thing to superman :grin: So yeah, just thought i'd mention it

Thanks for this awesome mod :grin:

taragoth said:
Noobertuber said:

Yep, another great (new) native bug :sad:

Well, not really I'm still having Warband 1.134 but, but after the first stage of the siege being won(town siege), the second one with the street resistance is a bit awkward or I don't know how to call it, everybody is my enemy, even my allies. :shock: Shocking or what the heck? :lol:

Can anybody verify that this bug is also occuring with 1.134?

DanielTex are you using steam for warband? Or are you playing with the version from the taleworlds site?

taragoth said:
Jon Shankmaster said:

Thanks Jon, don't delete the save just yet. We are looking at to why that's happening, anyone else having the issue, thats twice now...more with Brytenwalda guys tho.

I jumped on to report that this had happened after King Ragnar slaughtered a bunch of Vaegir peons. So yeah count me in on having that issue

Jon Shankmaster said:

A link to a save of this would be helpful, if you have a save right before it happens.
Caba`drin said:
Find your savegame file in your ...\Documents\Mount&Blade Warband Savegames\Native\ folder. They are labeled in an array from sg00 to sg08 (00-02 in the top row; 03-05 in the middle; 06-08 the bottom).
And then toss the file you want onto a free file sharing site, like MediaFire, and post the URL link it provides you here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom