Native Completed Nditions' European Duelling Tournament II! | Won by [M]!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[M] said:
lame, pro sports/esportz do it for a reason  :sad:

I may have misunderstood how it would work, but would this not lead to a section of the upper bracket being comprised of the best duelists, another with the next-best and so on?

Would that also not lead to the best duelists being eliminated earlier than they ought, and worse players getting farther than they ought?

Also, due to the way the last tournament ended, there were ties for the positions below ~5th iirc, how would seeds be assigned in that case?

Alex_C said:
[M] said:

I may have misunderstood how it would work, but would this not lead to a section of the upper bracket being comprised of the best duelists, another with the next-best and so on?

Would that also not lead to the best duelists being eliminated earlier than they ought, and worse players getting farther than they ought?
Nah that's what seeding's prevents, it's a measure for these kind of elimination tournies to make the results as reflective of skill as it can be without going to round robin or something. I'm not sure of the exact FORMULAS or w/e but it results in more or less equally skill balanced brackets which in turn results in more accurate end results (although there's nearly always upsets when ronnie o'sullivan and roger federer get knocked out in like the second round or something)

Also, due to the way the last tournament ended, there were ties for the positions below ~5th iirc, how would seeds be assigned in that case?
Since we only have a result history from one tournament the fairest thing is choosing 5th and 6th etc randomly between those ties. I believe unless you tell it to randomize seeds challonge.com does the seeding for you, so just pasting the results of last tournament with randomly ordered new additions (unless you wish to seed newcomers based on your personal experience) appended on the end would give the most legit results imo.

[M] said:
Alex_C said:
[M] said:

Nah that's what seeding's prevents, it's a measure for these kind of elimination tournies to make the results as reflective of skill as it can be without going to round robin or something. I'm not sure of the exact FORMULAS or w/e but it results in more or less equally skill balanced brackets which in turn results in more accurate end results (although there's nearly always upsets when ronnie o'sullivan and roger federer get knocked out in like the second round or something)

Since we only have a result history from one tournament the fairest thing is choosing 5th and 6th etc randomly between those ties. I believe unless you tell it to randomize seeds challonge.com does the seeding for you, so just pasting the results of last tournament with randomly ordered new additions (unless you wish to seed newcomers based on your personal experience) appended on the end would give the most legit results imo.

After talking about it, and setting up a 'test' bracket, to see how it works, I've decided that it'll be best if brackets are seeded on the basis of the last tournament's results.

New Rule:

• The bracket will be seeded on the basis of the last tournament's results. Any ties in the results will have their seed-order randomised, and anyone who didn't participate in the last tournament will be placed after all of the participants in the last tournament, with their seeds randomised.

McBeverage said:
Ye suxxxx Alex!!1
:3

Anyways, even though I'm 'merican, would probably do this if I still were any good at the game, but I'm not so yea.

pfff coward D=

=P

Sign me up for now, not a 100% if I join yet because..

I need to be fckn mysterious and all that.

Brestos said:

Added.

###EDIT###

Going to start adding seeds to participants names. A seed of (x-x) means your seed will be randomised, between the two listed numbers.

###EDIT2###

In the event of players not participating in this tournament, who did in the last one, seeds will be 'bumped up', so your seed may change from these values when the tournament actually starts.

###EDIT3###

List with seeds now in OP.

Corsair831 said:
sign me up, but if i get knocked out by some macro abusing great sword nub i think i'll probably commit suicide.
Gaggalulu said:
Sign me in
Swordmaster said:
Sign me up, though I might not give much of my time towards warband and stuff, so feel free to remove me if others are willing to join as well.
Spec said:
You know what Alex, sign me up.
RalliX said:
Rallix, signing up.

My Steam is: Rallicor
My Xfire is: rallix

Added.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom