Proposed new 'give lust a break' rules and discussion about day's topics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a new rule, give him a break. He does a great job organizing tournaments to keep the competitive side of Warband active but all he gets back is threads full of carp. And these threads take even more of his time, while he already spends so much time organizing and managing this stuff.
Just try to stick with the rules, be sportsmanlike (why not offer to play a rematch when awarded a default win?) and just try to have fun instead of all the serious nitpicking.

Yeah but... if I have 22nd in front of my name that means I have to win everything. Y U DO DIS TO ME ARCH3R??! :eek:

Naw, just kidding. Flusty is a most admirable and energetic chap for running the plethora of tournies and ladders we've had lately in Warband. If it weren't for him, I dare say that the Native competition scene would be mostly stagnant. A cup of tea for Flusty, now!

So it's going to be more like "don't ask, don't tell"? If there are clear problems in the rules of course people take opinions when it comes to inaccuracies and blatant loopholes and grey areas in the rules, let alone making 'a mountain out of molehill' situations. How can anyone rational say that it's better to be completely silent about these things and not change anything? Suddenly we all should stop questioning rules in order to make them better, and thus, the tournament better for everyone?

Debate and questioning is what keeps the world going forward, as so it does in this tournament and it's rules. Also, there are inconsistencies in the rules: First 4-5 teams to not obey the strict roster rule weren't punished with forfeit wins, yet the last 3-4 teams have which is also wrong. Either have the same rules for eveyone or abandon the rule completely.

I completely agree with Sad, this thread has not enough posts, let's Troll it  :grin:

Can I be the one who start a new thread tomorrow?

There are no blatant loopholes and grey areas in the rules. There are also no clear problems other than - it seems -  your ability to comprehend said rules and why there's a difference between the cases you obviously still don't see (or care to see).

You aren't questioning the rules (you never did), you are questioning the results of those rules.

sadnhappy said:
Debate and questioning is what keeps the world going forward, as so it does in this tournament and it's rules.
Although I don't like the pathos in your formulation, and don't agree with it, there's also a difference between debating and repeating the same (false) things over and over again, ignoring every answer given (by Lust and the rules he wrote down).

sadnhappy said:
Also, there are inconsistencies in the rules: First 4-5 teams to not obey the strict roster rule weren't punished with forfeit wins, yet the last 3-4 teams have which is also wrong. Either have the same rules for eveyone or abandon the rule completely.
There is nowhere in the rules written down that the first teams don't get punished but obviously (since the ID-thing was new for the whole community) Lust saw fit (maybe because roster-violations were frequent) to see over it at first. But that's only speculation on my part. He then even made a thread specifically pointing out that roster-violations are still too common and how they will be punished (and why they weren't punished harshly at first - I don't think the thread was locked at any point but I never saw any comment in it - most likely Lust just deleted them).

It's the same rule for everyone, the consequences were adapted to the different situations. When "debating" becomes repetetive and pointless it's not only annoying but pretty sad to continue anyway for the sake of it since it only leads to a stalemate - especially when the facts are ignored ex parte.

ModusTollens said:
You aren't questioning the rules (you never did), you are questioning the results of those rules.

False. I have several times questioned the rule in the first place (don't fix what wasn't broken; We never did need rule in the first place and thus I find the rule unnecessary) and also I said that however there should, sure, be ID lists in order to ban people more easily from the tournament who have either 1.) cheated via hacks and so forth 2.) mercing from clan to another which is unnacceptable. Neither one of these happened in our case as the player in question is a well known long time member and no cheating whatsoever happened.

There is nowhere in the rules written down that the first teams don't get punished but obviously (since the ID-thing was new for the whole community) Lust saw fit (maybe because roster-violations were frequent) to see over it at first.

Funny how people keep saying that there isn't any flawes in the rules and how there is no grey area and now people bringing stuff up that isn't in the rules but yet somehow apply to us all. It's called common sense. Also, since the rule is new, and still is completely new and untested, there shouldn't be any punishements for the teams that broke it, for obvious reasons: 1.) New rule, hasn't been tested, no need for 'mountain over a molehill' penalty and 2.) Either have the same rule apply to everyone or to none. And we all know how it is right now in this tournament. Other teams get priviledged, others aren't.

It's the same rule for everyone

And yet it isn't since clans haven't been treated the same.

PS. It's a wellknown fact that lust himself enjoys this 'drama' as it keeps ENL a hot topic and more interesting.

sadnhappy said:
PS. It's a wellknown fact that lust himself enjoys this 'drama' as it keeps ENL a hot topic and more interesting.

Its also a well known fact that in cor we have something called humor and that we don't kick people for leaking comments from our super secret chatroom full of conspiracies.

on topic:
lust is awesome and he is sexy and he is doing a gut job

*edit: did I mention he was sexy?

GoldFingero said:
sadnhappy said:

Its also a well known fact that in cor we have something called humor and that we don't kick people for leaking comments from our super secret chatroom full of conspiracies.

on topic:

No. But now that you mention it... Damn, Lust is sexy. There must be some kind of inner-conspiracy loop regarding his sexiness.  :eek:

Eiríkr Rauði said:
GoldFingero said:
sadnhappy said:

on topic:

No. But now that you mention it... Damn, Lust is sexy. There must be some kind of inner-conspiracy loop regarding his sexiness.  :eek:
Yes but lets leave that until tomorrow, after all we need it for tomorrows topic full of reveals about how lust is abusing his fame as moderator on taleworlds to get lower taxes. :eek:

sadnhappy said:
ModusTollens said:

False. I have several times questioned the rule in the first place (don't fix what wasn't broken; We never did need rule in the first place and thus I find the rule unnecessary) and also I said that however there should, sure, be ID lists in order to ban people more easily from the tournament who have either 1.) cheated via hacks and so forth 2.) mercing from clan to another which is unnacceptable. Neither one of these happened in our case as the player in question is a well known long time member and no cheating whatsoever happened.
We need rules to prevent cheating. It is the case, in Warband, that the only way to prevent cheating, may also catch out careless teams, as well. I wish there was a better system but there is not. You would ask me to make value judgements, in certain cases and for 60% of clans, I probably could. However, for the other 40% I could not and it would not be fair. That is why there is a blanket rule. It requires, in my opinion, very little effort from the teams themselves. I think the system is quite satisfactory and for most teams, the problems are over.

Some... are still struggling along but once the problems are ironed out, I think it will be a much better state of affairs.

sadnhappy said:
There is nowhere in the rules written down that the first teams don't get punished but obviously (since the ID-thing was new for the whole community) Lust saw fit (maybe because roster-violations were frequent) to see over it at first.

Funny how people keep saying that there isn't any flawes in the rules and how there is no grey area and now people bringing stuff up that isn't in the rules but yet somehow apply to us all. It's called common sense. Also, since the rule is new, and still is completely new and untested, there shouldn't be any punishements for the teams that broke it, for obvious reasons: 1.) New rule, hasn't been tested, no need for 'mountain over a molehill' penalty and 2.) Either have the same rule apply to everyone or to none. And we all know how it is right now in this tournament. Other teams get priviledged, others aren't.
I have said, and repeated, the reason I am willing to make the penalty so harsh, is because maintaining the rosters is so easy. Your grey area sentence doesn't make much sense to me. Maybe rephrase it.

sadnhappy said:
It's the same rule for everyone

And yet it isn't since clans haven't been treated the same.
The rule defining that all clans would forfeit the match, for roster violations, came in after those first 2 days of matches. I decided not to make it retroactive because I blamed myself, for not stressing the importance of them enough. In your case, I accept no blame, whatsoever.

sadnhappy said:
Rest assured, I find dealing with you anything but enjoyable.

Seems to be or this is the only topic, for once actually fully spammed by useless comments, that has received yet no warning Lust?

Harlequin_ITA said:
Seems to be or this is the only topic, for once actually fully spammed by useless comments, that has received yet no warning Lust?

Your post is exactly the opposite of what is actually wanted to be discussed right now dont you agree?

It was just a surprise post by my part, since other 2 threads had received a warning when there was an actual discussion while this, in which 1 page and half is spam, has yet to receive one..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom