Brother against Brother 0.75 bug reporting

Users who are viewing this thread

JHermes

Sergeant at Arms
Please post any bugs you find in version 0.75 here.
By "bug" I mean anything that causes a freeze or crash, NOT graphical issues.

Known bugs:

Attempting to assist bandit hunters in a fight will cause a crash.
Tournaments cause crashes (because I deleted them but forgot to remove the tournament master. They will probably be replaced with 1 on 1 pistol duels.

The native names of towns is still there, plus the factions. (khudan, swadians, etc)

When you start off as a union infantry guy, you don't have any cartriges for your pistol.

In the neutral town, you spawn too far away from everything. It may be nice the first time, but it gets tedious traipsing all the way to the rest of the townsfolk on the other side of town.

More bugs. I don't know what you're aware of, and what you're not, but here goes.
The outside town of washington DC is a mess, there's bits of things floating everywhere.
The player should start closer to a neutral town. The player currently starts at atlanta, which is an enemy for the start of the game.
You can still access the count's keep, and join the vaegir and swadian armies.
In the Richmond city tavern, you can see gaps by the fireplace where you can stare out into the void.
In the merchant's room in Wash DC, you start off outside the building itself and have to walk through the reverse side of the panel door to get in.
When talking to willow at the four ways inn, you ask for some troops to recruit, and her list of troops is exactly the same as yours. they include you and any heroes you have. You can't hire from this group, obviously.
In richmond, there are no sellers of weapons or armour, nor any merchant.
The black hunting horse is soooo not black.
there are wierd tree stretch marks across the canada area.
The spash screen at the start has a white bar running along the bottom.
Gloves add to head armour.

I realise most of these are just cosmetic problems, and you're probably already aware of them. You've probably also had others tell you extensively about them, And you'll probably want to tell me to search through all the threads before posting these bugs.

When engaging in a fight against a party (any party it seems), the game chashes out. There's no error message generated by the game itself, the screen just goes black then white, and you get the standard 'Report error message?' prompt from windows. In one character, this just started happening all the time, with every battle i'd enter, irrespective of size. I made another character, who was fine for a time, but then the error started happening to him too whenever he entered battle.

Be sure you are playing 0.75 not 0.6.

~then~

run the game in windowed mode so if you do have an error, you can ignore it.

Also, battles involving bandit hunters will crash, and also if you have any troops of the manhunter faction in your party. All other parties work fine for me and the beta test team - so it's your problem if it doesn't involve manhunters.

When fighting some Highway Robbers, their bandits had no A.I. They stayed still and didn't do a thing. When I killed one of their horses, the demounted bandit's A.I. was restored. Also, when I killed the bandit, it's horse's A.I. was regained as well. And there are some guns which aren't aimed when you shoot them.

I think it has to do with the bandits not having enough riding skill. Anyway I'll just remove horses from their inventory.

When I start the game, it lets me open my character, but it freezes before I see the world map. sometimes, I get to see it, but there are no towns, no writing. the game is unreaspopnsive.

You are playing on .751, right? I don't think anyone has had this error before, so it might be something wrong with your registry. It would be nice if you could describe the crash in more detail.

Tihr is all underground and there are people standing on roofs. I can't get into the tavern and I can't even find the merchant. All you see is roofs an the ground.
  Marnid won't join you even when you get the worst horse and sword.

I realized the error with Tihr a long time ago and have it fixed now. To get marnid to join, you have to give him a cavalry horse and cavalry saber.

alright- here we go-
I'm using .751.
I start the game.
It goes to the title screen (options, create new character, Restore saved character...)
I restore saved.
It loads, then it goes either to the world map, or just stays.
It's frozen visually, I click around a little, and here the movement noise (the shuffling feet one)
thats about it.

i finally managed to get one of my men upgraded to hero, i talked to him and chose to se his inventory and it comes up with "RGL Warning: Unable to find Mesh none"(twice) and then continues like nothing happened

logan said:
i finally managed to get one of my men upgraded to hero, i talked to him and chose to se his inventory and it comes up with "RGL Warning: Unable to find Mesh none"(twice) and then continues like nothing happened

seams to be caused by a gun called "lemat revolver" its image is black and it comes up with the rgl warning if i click it.

EDIT

i just left him on the map and came back a few secs later to pick him up and he told me to "surrender or die" kinda cute considering he is alone against my 30 man army consisting mainly of sharpshooters

Most of that is due to a glitch in M&B's party_encounter when heroes are involved. I will fix the no mesh error for the lemat, though.

ok, i also tried having more then one hero at a time of the same type i had a party of 8 people, me and then my hero... 's though only 1 showed up i threw them all out, then battled them and took them hostage, but i couldnt sell them and i couldnt release them either. but thats probably the same reason.

Back
Top Bottom