Ask the developers

Users who are viewing this thread

:grin: I don't mind telling everyone, so here goes:

Basically, to make sure that the guns only fire bullets of their caliber, I remove any guns at the start of a battle that do not have a proper ammo item to go with them, and replace it with a hand-to-hand weapon (which, when finished, will look like a clubbed rifle, held by the barrel), like this:
Code:
       (try_begin),
         (neg|troop_has_item_equipped,"trp_player","itm_minie_ammo"),
         (try_begin),
           (troop_has_item_equipped,"trp_player","itm_springfield"),
           (troop_remove_item,"trp_player","itm_springfield"),
           (troop_add_item,"trp_player","itm_melee_rifle",0),
           (assign,"$springfield_taken",1),
         (try_end),
       (try_end),
and then give the gun back after the battle, like this:
Code:
       (try_begin),
         (eq,"$springfield_taken",1),
         (try_begin),
           (troop_remove_item,"trp_player","itm_melee_rifle"),
           (troop_add_item,"trp_player","itm_springfield",0),
           (assign,"$springfield_taken",0),
         (try_end),
       (try_end),

One problem with this method is that the melee rifle is not equipped, so to use it, you have to go to your inventory chest in the battle and get it out, which is rather a not good way of doing things.  So what I may do have a special mission template that equips you with the rifle, rather than adding it to your inventory, and use that template whenever you're out of ammo.  Not certain whether it'll work, though . . .

gatlings:

I would recommend you DO include gatling-guns.  I know that given max_ammo_4 the AI will space 4 carefull shots rather than churning them out as fast as possible, but gatlings WERE actually operated like that by many gunners - about 1 round per second or even slower depending on the targets. 

I think that because M&B has no morale system, which might lead to realistic consequences when you start mowing down one end of a line of men with a gatling, the AI use of rapid fire will be okay.

For cannons area damage - are you going to publicise the script you use for area damage?

Hey
i downloaded/install mount&blade .75
then downloaded/install BaB for .75 and put in the password
i opend it up and there was no thing for to choose a mod...
help will be great

thanks
Draconis Topmen

well, you should have a folder at ...\M&B\modules (if you dont, make one) then just place the BaB folder there, and you should be able to play the mod

Draconis Topmen said:
Can some one give me the link to download M&B .751 i deleted it
****. Search a little bit. All of your questions are answered in dozens of threads. I'll give you the link though, because you'd probably just post the same question somewhere else again oherwise.

I found the problum... after im done exteracting BaB and it dosent
apear in the Mod areia and its not there...then i check in the Mod folder...
not there... sooo i need help with this

thanks
Draconis Topmen

P.S.
i exteacht it to Mod folder so thats not the problum

Could it be that it's dumping the files right into the Mods folder, and not into a specific folder for itself?  If that's the case (you can tell if there's a bunch of text files in the Mods folder), create a folder for Brother Against Brother and extract it there.  If not, tell us.  :grin:

Ok here is the full story...
i have .751 M&B i extracted the BaB file to m&b module file
i look were the mods are after and its not there...i check the
mod folder and its not there ether...
Pleas Help

is it possible you can use fraps or something els to make a short movie of what you do and then put it up on youtube so we can se where your doing things wrongly?

Back
Top Bottom