Ask the developers

Users who are viewing this thread

JHermes

Sergeant at Arms
This thread is for any general questions about Brother against Brother, or any suggestions you may have about things you don't like.

Our eventual goal is to have the player recruit troops in one of two ways:

1) use bully power to order parties of freindly survivors commanded by a Captain or lower to join you.
2) Go to the rulers of any freindly town to get your command filled up again. Player will recieve troops proprtionate to their rank.

The Confederates will have more men available at the beginning, the Union vice versa.

Not to sound offensive or anything, I'm genuinely asking.

What about this mod is 'Pushing M&B to new heights', exactly? Or what features?

do you plan to eventually rename the rest of the cities? it's not a huge deal to me, but seeing Uxhal on a map of the USA kind of takes away from the Civil War fell. plus changing the name of a city is one of the simplest things you can do.

I can answer the 2nd question there.

Yes, he plans on changing the city names (of course). The most recent release is an Alpha, remember. That means there are more things left to do than have been done already. I've been following this mod since he started development, and JHermes is definitely very dedicated and capable, and plans to add lots of features. This is just an early release.

New heights means the features everyone said were impossible that I'm nearly done with, namely artillery and different caliber firearms. I also plan to add 'armies' or parties that travel at the same speed in groups to a certain location, and hopefully, I can make them all fight at once....

Well, right now, I'm attempting to make each gun an npc that carries their own invisible, no animation rifle. If that doesn't work well, I'll make each gun a weapon you can fire using the passage system much like the tools in craftmod.

And how is the damage going to work? At the moment i'm pretty sure there's no way of getting anything to affect more than one hit box, which would kind of take the fun from cannons, as it would be useless having round balls in M&B, and cannister and shell would be as far as I know impossible.

I don't think it's impossible actually. There could be 2 ways of doing AoE effects

1. Ask the developers nicely to implement it until the next version (after 0.800 as I'm sure they wont for this one)

2. Make around 5 invisible "arrows" that take a lot of damage, and then the round cannon ball in the middle which takes even more. The thing is that scripting this would be hard. Well. I think it would. I don't know a **** about scripting.

of course your npc cannon will fire thin arrows.
Using the UE I doubt you get a passage, scene prop cannon to work, if you can, the cannon could hit the warriors, but agent_set_hit_points can only set them to 0, they won't die by it.

To begin with, I'm redoing it in Python for 0.800.

Also, has anyone tried to modify bo_flying_missle or whatever it's called?

flying missile doesn't have a hitbox, even if did it is used for all projectiles (expect thrown types)

2. Make around 5 invisible "arrows" that take a lot of damage, and then the round cannon ball in the middle which takes even more. The thing is that scripting this would be hard. Well. I think it would. I don't know a **** about scripting.

You will need 6 npcs, 5 firing arrows one firing cannon. That might work if you confine them with Ai blocks for scenes, but then they will still act as Npcs.

missles aren't scene props, only scene props have collision meshes,
several npcs firing missles the same time is also impossable.

well, I once thought about making a weapon that fires more than one missile at a time( more specificcaly a volley gun) but i couldn't figure out how to do it, and asking around the feedback was pure denial. everyone says this kind of stuff is impossible...but it would be so cool...

Right now I am only working on the practice cannons at the training ground, so damage to large groups isn't a problem. I will think of something, though...

Everytime you spawn in "Zendar", you have to walk all the way through the village to talk to anyone. 
It is slightly annoying to have to walk all the way to the end, every time you passed one training match.

I like the idea of making the village like you did.  It gives it a more "civil warish era feel", but it just takes too long to walk all the way through the town just to talk to the trainer or something.

Is there perhaps a way you could change that?

I will change that in 0.80, I just need to add a new entry point right ouside each door, and set it as the target entry point when leaving that building.

JHermes said:
I will change that in 0.80, I just need to add a new entry point right ouside each door, and set it as the target entry point when leaving that building.

Alright.  But don't take any offense to what I said.  :razz:

Back
Top Bottom