Antiquity LSP 3D Art AlphaDelta's Ancient warriors pack

Users who are viewing this thread

AlphaDelta

Banned
I got some requests to make my work available as a pack so here it is:

Unfortunately I don't have permission from Ealabor to release his mesh edits and shield meshes with this package so he has removed them. However, the majority of the mesh edits were simple UV edits to standard Mount and Blade models (byrnies, shirt, linen_tunic, leather_jerkin etc) so it should be very simple to re-allign the uv coordinates in those models to match my textures. Some had trousers or straps added and they may require a little extra work.

If you ask him nicely he might grant you permission to use his mesh edits in your mod. In which case it would be very simple to put the meshes back together with the materials.

The shields should be very simple to recreate as they are primitive shapes.

=== AlphaDelta's Ancient warriors pack ===

author: Alphadelta
Inspiration: Some references from EB were used to design shield, fabric, armour and tattoo designs.

== Description ==

This pack contains:

Hundreds of skins for various ancient cultures
  Hundreds of shield skins for various ancient cultures.

This pack is not a mod. It is a resource for Mount & Blade modders to use in their mods. Please don't ask me for technical help on how to import these models and textures into Mount & Blade.

== Disclaimer and legality ==

* I do not take any responsibility for any damages that this pack may do to your installation of Mount & Blade or your computer.
* This pack is provided as is and you may make any non-profit use of it is as you please. Feel free to copy it, edit it, distribute it.
* If you include these textures in your mod, please credit my work honestly and properly and credit Ealabor for his meshes, and send me the download link so I can try it out! :smile:
* No technical support is provided.

== Download link ==

http://www.sendspace.com/file/kcpmkg

== Contents ==

Meshes not included.

armours_top.jpg

armours_bottom.jpg

Meshes not included.
shields_SMALL.jpg

Meshes included
shields_round_SMALL.jpg

Moderator edit (Updated download links):
syabr said:
We try to store all existing files/mods created by community :smile:
download
Linked the thread of this pack for you, good luck in modding

Bloody hell these are great, I was hoping to get my hands on these after I saw them in the Hegemony thread, many thanks!

Perhaps you should request this gets moved to the OSP section though, makes sense with all the clean-up

No, Swadian, there aren't normalmaps; it's all set up for iron_shader.  It's also rather blocky, has various issues, etc.  Eh, it's free, presuming that whatever drama surrounds the IP doesn't mean ealabor will be threatening projects that use it later. 

If I were making anything Roman, I'd use Llew's stuff, which is OSP, has all the bells and whistles, etc.

xenoargh said:
No, Swadian, there aren't normalmaps; it's all set up for iron_shader.  It's also rather blocky, has various issues, etc.  Eh, it's free, presuming that whatever drama surrounds the IP doesn't mean ealabor will be threatening projects that use it later. 

If I were making anything Roman, I'd use Llew's stuff, which is OSP, has all the bells and whistles, etc.
To be honest, Llew's pack has nothing on this pack. This pack has Pontic, Germanic, Gallic, Roman, Dacian etc items. It's the best pack out here now. Only reason to use Llew's pack is to replace some of the similar items that are in both packs.

Alpha, you've still not properly credited all persons involved in this work, among which are Alxcruel, Manitas, and inspirations we derrived from EB researchers at their website, nor specifically to the works they are responsible that you have not mentioned.

As you are responsible for work involved, and since most of our work is intertwined in that almost all of the texturing you have done has been on texture sheets that i've mapped, I'm going to make public a file with proper credits, so work you have done can be publicized as you seem to desire.

As a bonus, i'm going to add lods that I made, which is for all of the items contained in OP download.

Great, thanks Ealabor.

xenoargh said:

No normal maps at the moment, these skins were made pre-warband. It's not a problem to make some, although they would be processed via shadermap, not hand crafted.

Cheers

Ritter Dummbatz said:
Seems that a download will be available again as soon as credits are given properly.

Hopefully Ealabor will release the credits file today and I'll put the link back-up.

Hmm I think you misunderstand.

It's going to be a separate file and link altogether, which after discussions with others involved in the work is finished, whom were not proper given acknowledgement in the OP, i'll then upload and make a post just a soon as I get some proper time off work.

Cheers.

Ok, that's fine, you're really free to do as you please with the skins. :smile:

I've credited the remaining contributors as requested and re-added the link, if there are other people to be credited please let me know. I've contacted Alxcruel and Manitas to double-check they are ok with having their mesh edits included in this package. I've also mailed Janus to find out exactly who is objecting to this package and which file(s) they wish to have removed. If there are any I will remove them from the package.

It's good to finally have this mess sorted and the pack should be an aid to the community.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom