HISTORICAL Mods by Gabrilduro' s Bunch

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alan De Soison said:
some dutch regiment Screenshoot:
dutch General/officer
dutchy.jpg
Dutch Vereenigde Oostindische Compagnie (VOC)
vereenigdeoostindischec.jpg
Dutch Gordon's Scottish regiment
sscottishregiment.jpg
Dutch hollandsche guardes
hollandscheguardes.jpg
Dutch grenadier van dundas
grenadiervandundas.jpg
Dutch cavalerie van rechteren
cavalerievanrechteren.jpg
VERY NICE.

Alan De Soison said:
some dutch regiment Screenshoot:
dutch General/officer
dutchy.jpg
Dutch Vereenigde Oostindische Compagnie (VOC)
vereenigdeoostindischec.jpg
Dutch Gordon's Scottish regiment
sscottishregiment.jpg
Dutch hollandsche guardes
hollandscheguardes.jpg
Dutch grenadier van dundas
grenadiervandundas.jpg
Dutch cavalerie van rechteren
cavalerievanrechteren.jpg
Great as always,can't wait to see it in game! :smile:

perkins said:
are the british gona be able to get the connaught rangers??

The unit you are referring to wasn't formed till quite a while later, 1793-Saw service until-1881. The "Connaught Rangers" were never in North America. A unit that comes to mind during this time period are the British rangers known as "A company of select marksman", the famous "Fraser's Rangers".

welshwoody said:
Just some suggestions. can't wait for the first release!

First New Hampshire Continentals
2008ohdp_8083.jpg

First NH Colors
first+NH1.bmp

Second New Hampshire Continentals (Later the 8th Continental Regiment)
-snip-
WOOH CT regiment!

perkins said:
Okay... will Britain have the queens rangers?? (I'm pretty sure they did fight in the revolutionary war)

The Queens Rangers were present during the conflict. They also had quite the reputation earned in the French/Indian war, as well as the American revolution. I'm sure there will be Ranger equipment available :smile: we will have to wait till we get some SS's of the British soldiers.  :grin:

you really should try to include some commands like in brytenwalda mate :mrgreen:
Like:
1-Make a Line
2-Hold your fire
3-Fire!
That will be awesome.

Killjoy187 said:
perkins said:
Okay... will Britain have the queens rangers?? (I'm pretty sure they did fight in the revolutionary war)

The Queens Rangers were present during the conflict. They also had quite the reputation earned in the French/Indian war, as well as the American revolution. I'm sure there will be Ranger equipment available :smile: we will have to wait till we get some SS's of the British soldiers.  :grin:

perkins said:
Killjoy187 said:
perkins said:

No problem man. I'm pretty excited to see all these units in game, heh :smile:.

Functionally, Simcoe's (Queen's) Rangers are just another Loyalist/Tory  unit in "legion" style - much like Tarleton's.

The CSM, otoh, are just that - marksmen selected from regular (mostly light) units for their abilities... and could make a nice upgrade branch for the appropriate British units.

jackx said:
Functionally, Simcoe's (Queen's) Rangers are just another Loyalist/Tory  unit in "legion" style - much like Tarleton's.

The CSM, otoh, are just that - marksmen selected from regular (mostly light) units for their abilities... and could make a nice upgrade branch for the appropriate British units.

So true. The Marksmen/Rangers did come from other units, mostly from Canada in the North. Often two good men from each of the line infantry/Light infantry regiments were selected for service. Some of these men saw action in the seven years war as well, hardened veterans.

The 5th North Carolina Regiment was assigned on March 26, 1776 to the Continental Army in the Southern Department. It was organized in the spring of 1776 at Wilmington, North Carolina as eight companies of volunteers from the districts of Newbern, Edenton and Hillsborough of the colony of North Carolina. On 5 February 1777, the regiment was assigned to the main Continental Army and assigned to the North Carolina Brigade on 8 July 1777. The regiment was reduced to a cadre on 1 June 1778 at Valley Forge, Pennsylvania and was assigned to the Southern Department. The regiment was re-organized to nine companies during the fall of 1778 at Halifax and assigned on 11 January 1779 to Sumner's Brigade. On 3 June 1779, this brigade was redesignated as Armstrong's Brigade. The regiment was captured by the British Army on 12 May 1780 at Charlestown, South Carolina and was officially disbanded on 1 January 1781.

The regiment saw action at the Battle of Brandywine, Battle of Germantown, Battle of Monmouth, Siege of Savannah and the Siege of Charleston.

Sorry for large post. my source is wikipedia

I could not find their colors. the only flag i could find was from their service in the Civil War

Perhaps you could make that regiment if you want it to be in MP, because The chane is quie small it will be  if you don't found it.

I for one am joining poomtang's Dragoons :grin:

Gaston has made this possible.  I think Gab will be pleased.
mb20.jpg
mb18fz.jpg
mb21g.jpg
mb13p.jpg
mb3n.jpg
mb1of.jpg

crumbs said:
Gaston has made this possible.  I think Gab will be pleased.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

WOOOWWWW!!!!!
Soooooo, nice! Capolavoro! Thx Gaston, thank you Crumby, my dear friend.....remember the very first mohican head you made for me, man???? :wink:
NEVER thought we would get to this, one day!!!!
Gabby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom