HISTORICAL Mods by Gabrilduro' s Bunch

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
jackx said:
What musket is the marine using, and more importantly, why is he wearing what looks like a mishappen officers uniform? Any chance of a regular marine screenshot?

I like it.....who cares what musket he has Jackx? The uniform looks cool. I'm sure that things will be correctly done.

Good job Alan, the marine looks great. Can't wait to see it in the mod.

The Marine is not presently in the game. All British troops are presently assigned the Long Land Pattern Musket or "Brown Bess." I do not know if that is the gun pictured here.

If you have information about what you believe the correct uniform of a Marine to be then share it.  I am sure we would be only too willing to hear your expert opinion.

Alan De Soison said:
I just finished made a british corps de marine, British East India Company, and French Lauzun's Legion for 1776 American Revolution . Tom told me to make it. :grin:
but not good as poomtang model's :oops: :sad: i'm sorry I just can re-model and re-texture :oops:
British Corps of Marines
corpsofmarines1.jpg
British East India Company
britisheic.jpg
French Lauzun's Legion
lauzuns.jpg
GREAT job, Alan!!
You really undervalue your job, mate...always! Your work is actually so good!
As Auldman said, I DESPERATELY need your help in some 1776+1860's URGENT things, though.....

In few more days I hope you will help me on some specific things :wink:

Take some vitamins in the meanwhile, hehehe

Gab

You're right, there's no need to be snide about it.
The marine uniform on the whole isn't wrong, the one pictured just looked odd to me because I was expecting a private and got an officer carrying a longarm, which had me confused for a bit. Shouldn't have called it mishappen though.
The buttons and gorget are the wrong colour, they should be white metal, not brass, and the epaulettes should be white as well, but that's about the only accuracy issue I noticed.  (The pattern and number of buttons is off as well, but I don't even consider that an issue... this is a game, not a recreation for a museum.)

The musket I'm merely curious about, I noticed the barrel bands which makes it something other than one of the various standard longarms of British troops in the 18th century, but couldn't tell exactly what it was.

Some sort of "brown bess" land pattern muske is fine for the marines, there's a sea pattern introduced in 1778 iirc, but I do not know in which quantities, if at all, that saw use in North America. Considering that new muskets weren't issued until the depots had been emptied of old ones, I'd guess there weren't many, if any.

jackx said:
You're right, there's no need to be snide about it.
The marine uniform on the whole isn't wrong, the one pictured just looked odd to me because I was expecting a private and got an officer carrying a longarm, which had me confused for a bit. Shouldn't have called it mishappen though.
The buttons and gorget are the wrong colour, they should be white metal, not brass, and the epaulettes should be white as well, but that's about the only accuracy issue I noticed.  (The pattern and number of buttons is off as well, but I don't even consider that an issue... this is a game, not a recreation for a museum.)

The musket I'm merely curious about, I noticed the barrel bands which makes it something other than one of the various standard longarms of British troops in the 18th century, but couldn't tell exactly what it was.

Some sort of "brown bess" land pattern muske is fine for the marines, there's a sea pattern introduced in 1778 iirc, but I do not know in which quantities, if at all, that saw use in North America. Considering that new muskets weren't issued until the depots had been emptied of old ones, I'd guess there weren't many, if any.

Well I was a little testy on my part about it. Sorry. We lost our main modeler and Alan, whose shown some ability, has stepped in to fill some gaps we'll need filling. I didn't want him to get discouraged right away. I think these suggestions are helpful and needed so I will pass them on to him.

I have to decide if the Marines should be included in the British troop tree in the future or whether they should be hired in taverns and stowed on the players ships. Thoughts?

Auldman said:
I have to decide if the Marines should be included in the British troop tree in the future or whether they should be hired in taverns and stowed on the players ships. Thoughts?
Well, I'd like to start by saying
YES!!!!!!!
Now about their use... I think they should be available for use on land, since they were used during assaults on land positions that were based from ships.
I also think that it would be a good Idea to limit the amount of marines a player can employ based on the rate of their vessel, if possible. (see chart in http://www.napoleon-series.org/military/organization/Britain/Marines/c_marines.html.

That just made my day.

I will EXPLODE from happines, will try to download now. I will give feedback when played  :lol: ... If i am able to after tons of hours of playin  :lol:
Btw, as i said, Whole server where it is uploaded is like a string. It  gonna break one time  :mrgreen:

i find a way can let chinese people use megaupload.com
BUT 1776 MOD filename might have key word like American etc.. :cry:
so the GFW(if you dont know,Google it ) banned it...    :evil: :evil: 
could you pls upload it to filefront? :???:

Radetzky said:
Wow, great job!! I ve travelled all around the map to see the uniforms, they are awesome!!! Great job on the codding too :grin:

Thanks Rad! Gab is really the one to commend here. He got stuff from Dell and I last week and in a weeks worth of furious work Gab nearly drove himself insane banging what we gave him into conherency. He did a really good job.

We still have stuff to fix and add in (you haven't seen anything yet in uniforms until we get Alan's Dutch troops into the game-INHO Alan's Dutch are the spiffiest!).

DE_George said:
Georgy, dear friend...I authorize you to upload it where you want, really.
I am DESTROYED after this upload and all the modding I am doing.
Can you do it?
Just be sure YOU do it, Not anybody else, and say I authorized you in your Chinese Topic, ok?
Aaaaand ....put clearly this link to 1776 forum, pls:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,147421.0.html

Thx
Gabby :wink:

GABRILDURO said:
DE_George said:
Georgy, dear friend...I authorize you to upload it where you want, really.
I am DESTROYED after this upload and all the modding I am doing.
Can you do it?
Just be sure YOU do it, Not anybody else, and say I authorized you in your Chinese Topic, ok?
Aaaaand ....put clearly this link to 1776 forum, pls:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,147421.0.html

Thx
Gabby :wink:
I'll try.. :smile:

GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!
Team is progressing on 1776 American Revolution and doing a real GREAT job!!

From now on, please POST and CHECK only this topic:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,245.0.html

This old Topic will be locked now

Thx to everybody really, to all the ppl that always liked our mods, my Team and me!

Gabby​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom