The Bezoar Amulet - Progress Report Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

N0ught

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Well I am still working nights and spending most of my free time with my beautiful girlfriend... buuuut I have been thinking toward Solid and Shade again. I am not promising anything soon, but I think I will begin to work on the mod again, namely:

* Blood Cannon Balls model is upside down. Bugs me. Must fix this.
* Vampires and Werewolves. Bringing this up should make a lot of people happy. They would be ultra-rare and ultra-powerful (maybe on-par with Stheno) necromancer-style units.
* The Edgar Allan Poe inspired quest line. Finally.
* Who-Knows-What-Else-Muahahaha! Nah really I have nothing else in mind other than that for now... but we will see what happens.

Anyway, just thought I would let all my mod minions know I have not abandoned them. This old lich still has a trick or two in store. :twisted:

if you're planning on adding vamps and wolves, you may as well add the Brotherhood of Able as a good faction, and maybe the werewolves as a rebel or neutral faction.

It gets rather boring once you acquire top the tier armor and an invincible army of demons. I was about level 12 when I got the full Shadowlord set and about 30 demons in my army. So why not make it possible to create your own kingdom and go wage wars with the other factions, that would be fun.

Also some kind of end-game faction that will start to hunt down all the original ones, including you *gasp*.

dear n0ught:
1.last year you mentioned your fianceé. now you have mentioned your girlfriend. the same? (if it is not polite, please forgive me.)
2.will you make that monster mount that use blunt damage to get prisoners?
3.will you use that heart, that golden bug, that... of Allen Poe?
4.i am bored with those 5 factions. can you change them all?
5.the last, i hope i can close Zendar to permanently stop those evil things damaging the world. yes, there must be an end.

khornebread said:
Love it.  A modest and fun addition would be to have to fight Death for the Death Armor.

That would be extremely difficult, considering his 250/250/250 armor and 150 weapon damage (+huge weapon range and speed). But it would still be fun.

ShenJiBaMin said:
dear n0ught:
1.last year you mentioned your fianceé. now you have mentioned your girlfriend. the same? (if it is not polite, please forgive me.)
2.will you make that monster mount that use blunt damage to get prisoners?
3.will you use that heart, that golden bug, that... of Allen Poe?
4.i am bored with those 5 factions. can you change them all?
5.the last, i hope i can close Zendar to permanently stop those evil things damaging the world. yes, there must be an end.

1. She and I didn't work out. However I have a new girlfriend who is beautiful and sweet and everything I could ever want in a woman. I love her dearly. We are currently staying in Columbus, Ohio, at a Motel that costs us all but about 10 bucks of my paycheck every week I make working at Tim Horton's. Things are not ideal, but we are keeping our heads above water until she can find a job and/or I get a better one. She makes it all worth it. :smile:

2. Already added - the Artificer's Mancatcher is specifically for the use you mention - it does MASSIVE trample damage.

3. I have a long quest line in mind for these items, including a companion that may turn out to be your worst enemy, and a truly badass weapon. They may be added in the next version, but if so it will take me a long time to finish the next release. We will see what happens.

4. Nope. Once again this mod is about Calradia going to hell in a handbasket. Literally. I plan to keep the original factions. I do want to add a fully manageable player faction though.

5. I'm not sure about this one - I meant this mod to allow the player to be truly evil, not an anti-hero. I will roll the idea around though. One thing is certain - this would require an extensive quest line. Again, we will see.

Good to hear from you, N0ught.  I'm quite a fan of your work so far!  I'm also pretty excited about what could be in the next release.  Anyway, I've used the item editor to check out the stats of some items.  I came across some that looked like a set, but wasn't in-game yet.  Could this Fortunado set possibly be in the next release?

Now there is more chance to port it to warband? For some reason almost all warband mods are dull and boring, with no changes in gameplay :/

First I would like to say sorry for not checking this board, as I thought you were moving on to other things.  Second, THIS MOD IS THE BEST!!!(it always has been :twisted:) I know that I will love these new additions as much as I have with the last ones. I know that I would really like that player kingdom idea, though I thought you said you were not going to do it, what caused the change?(PLZ PLZ don't let this comment change your mind about it)

N0ught said:
My beautiful girlfriend.
Pics or it didn't happen!
On a serious note, nice to hear from you again. Even though nothing was promised I'm looking forward to this. Your mods are generally the only ones with real soul in here.

Also, pix of ur gf plzthxk.

You'll just have to take my word for it. :wink:

What I have done already:

~ Misfortunate Fortunato dark legend now added to the Bloodfountain dialogs. This potential companion can lead to the biggest mystery of the game so far - a five-part treasure hunt resulting in a +3 bonus to all basic attributes and a new set of items!
~ All Old Zendar-spawned parties now appear based on character level. Acolytes appear from level 1. Necromancers appear from level 5. Fleshburners, Plaguedoctors, and Bloodpreservers appear from level 10. Hellraisers, Shadowlords and Artificers appear from level 15. Vampires and Werewolves appear from level 20.
~ Added Vampire and Werewolf troops. Added Vampire and Werewolf parties to the game. These will appear in the same area necromancer parties do.
~ Added the option to choose between becoming a Vampire or a Werewolf, via the Bloodfountain recipes - each requires one blood of the right kind, 24 Strength, and a 4 in Ironflesh or Shield, respectively - they grant +10 Agility/-10 Charisma or +10 Strength/-10 Intelligence, respectively, and the appropriate weapons and armor.
~ All weapons and shields are now lootable - this includes Demon Right Claw, Demon Left Claw, Golem Right Fist, Golem Left Fist, Werewolf Right Claw and Werewolf Left Claw.
~ Stats for many weapons and armors have been altered, especially where many of them needed an abundance stat added, and difficulties changed.
~ Decreased the size of the Blood Engine Cannon by 25% so it doesn't block the view in first-person mode, while aiming.
~ Blood Engine Cannonballs are no longer upside-down in inventories.

... Trying to work out a way to make Vampires/Werewolves hirable - thinking possibly tavern mercenaries. Also considering adding our old friends Kitty and Crossbones back in as Companions... we will see. That would require a lot of new items... So anyway I just wanted to let you guys know that I am actively working on my horrific little mod, and good things have already happened and will continue to do so. Wait... I mean bad and terrible things. :twisted:

Sounds real good, but I must note N0ught that with it being 24 strength required and a plus 10 strength for werewolf, that would make his strength 34. As neato as that sounds... The extra four are still kinda useless...

Aaeni said:
Sounds real good, but I must note Notch that with it being 24 strength required and a plus 10 strength for werewolf, that would make his strength 34. As neato as that sounds... The extra four are still kinda useless...

Very good point. I will likely reduce the stat changes to +6 and -6. Thanks for pointing that out. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom