Bloodpass Warband Map Editor

Users who are viewing this thread

Aren't you the greatest, uh? Thank you so much for this. That part works just fine now. However, every map I export completely deforms to flatness when in game, resulting in a mostly flat word, where mountains become steeper and any crevice on the map gets deeper, and rivers are completely mangled up, all faces disconected and weird. Did I miss something again?

Ah yes, and the import functions crash instantly.

Sorry if this is bothering you. But only on the few last versions these things started to happen to me.

Hmm, do you know which version that started with? I probably haven't done import/export testing in awhile, so I'll have to try that when I get a chance. I don't think I really changed anything map related lately, hmm.

I understand. No, I'm afraid I can't remember which one it started. I remember that I quit map editing due to both the menu thing and the map result being broken, and only a couple days ago I remembered about this editor. Cue me remembering about the menu bug, reporting, testing the new update and finding the map bug again.

I'll post some screenshots:

hqeH2HJ.png

As you can see, the only thing altered here is some extra forest tiles around Praven, i touched nothing else on the editor besides the export button and put it into my mod

XHy0SJW.jpg
The forest I made is there, but... look at the coastline. It looks like this on the whole map. It is almost as if if a terrain is below a certain elevation, it gets immediatly flattened. DIsregard that bridge right there, it's a port icon from my mod

zLHuyhR.jpg
This is what I said about rivers. Wrong proportions, and seemingly disconnected bits. Funny thing is, they still work. Even on spots where they seem to be cut off, you can't cross, only on bridges. This led me to believe that the river triangles are still there, but they got squished by neraby terrain. This particular bug happens even if I don't even touch the rivers with the editor

Try the latest. I'm not sure if it was the only problem, but I did fix a definite issue with map vertex precision when exporting. I'm surprised it wasn't mentioned earlier though. Haven't tested it in game yet but I'm pretty sure at least some of the issues above like the sea cliff texture mess up could be caused by it.

Edit: Ok I did just load the game with an exported map, it looks fine after this update. What I didn't do which should normally be done for this kind of thing is check an exported map in-game before the fix, to confirm that I see the same problems... so just let me know if it's fixed, and if it's not I'll have to see if I can reproduce it here.

Sadly, it does not work yet. The same deformations on the terrain are still present, in the same degree :sad:.
There are a couple things I should mention:

• Trying to load my exported map (which again, was only a test where I painted a single triangle with a different terrain) instantly crashes the editor. The aforementioned crash has been there forever for me, and I never try to use it because I know it will crash the editor
  • If I swap the txt files names (exportmap renamed to map, map to exportmap, the editor won't even load. I guess that this is to be expected

Thank you for taking your time to fix these errors. I really hope it is not annoying you to have so many reports from me every other day.

It's not annoying, I would like it to work correctly, so I need the feedback if it isn't.

Switching the map names should work. All that does is load the exported map back into the editor.  I was just able to do it successfully too, so that's weird.

Actually, that "Load Exported Map" button should load exportMap.txt, so that you can use Export+Load as a kind of undo without messing up your original map.txt.

I guess I'll have to look closer. If you have any logs (from the new versions especially which should capture more, especially if it's crashing) or an example map which crashes, I could take a look.

Are you sure you don't have any mods or odd versions of the game that could be a factor? Or is the map.txt you're working with altered before loading in this editor in some way? If you're using one previously exported from the editor, there is some data precision loss, so you should start with an original map.txt.

With the latest release, the only difference with the exported maps and the regular map.txt, which shouldn't matter, is some extra whitespace in the second half of the file. This is where the map file format tells the game which 3d coordinates (vertexes in the first half) make up each triangle, and what the terrain for that triangle is. If that wasn't working we'd see a mangled mess in game (if it even loads).

After altering the export to make the whitespace consistent, I did a file comparison of the original map file and an exported file with one tri's terrain altered, and that terrain code on that line was the only difference. So unless you missed some other step(s) to reproduce this bug, I don't seem able to reproduce it.

Bloodpass said:
That's a better error now. At least now I can see where it's failing. I can't read the error text language at all :lol: , but you say that it means "it's already being used by another program"?

I would suggest a reboot or putting it into its own directory, but it looks like you already did that. A reboot might help but I can't imagine what would have that file open when you just extracted the file, other than some security scanner or something.

If you right click Bloodpass.jar or lwjgl64.dll, in Properties, does it say anything about being a file downloaded from the Internet with a checkbox to allow it to run?

The really strange thing is that I can't reproduce it in any OS here.

Another test you can do, right after you see that error, is see if you can move the lwjgl64.dll file to another folder like your desktop (move it back after). If you can move it, then I don't think it's really locked by Windows, and that "file already being used" error is probably misleading us. That only increases the strangeness, but would make me think it's some Windows security or other security thing going on. Let's not give up yet and see if we can get to the bottom of this...

Hi! I have the same problem running on Windows 10. Is there any solution? Because I still can't solve this issue

TangoOD said:
Bloodpass said:
That's a better error now. At least now I can see where it's failing. I can't read the error text language at all :lol: , but you say that it means "it's already being used by another program"?

I would suggest a reboot or putting it into its own directory, but it looks like you already did that. A reboot might help but I can't imagine what would have that file open when you just extracted the file, other than some security scanner or something.

If you right click Bloodpass.jar or lwjgl64.dll, in Properties, does it say anything about being a file downloaded from the Internet with a checkbox to allow it to run?

The really strange thing is that I can't reproduce it in any OS here.

Another test you can do, right after you see that error, is see if you can move the lwjgl64.dll file to another folder like your desktop (move it back after). If you can move it, then I don't think it's really locked by Windows, and that "file already being used" error is probably misleading us. That only increases the strangeness, but would make me think it's some Windows security or other security thing going on. Let's not give up yet and see if we can get to the bottom of this...

Hi! I have the same problem running on Windows 10. Is there any solution? Because I still can't solve this issue

Hello I find the problem solver .It's about your operation system's language preference .You need to just change it to English (United Kingdom or United States) .I use a Turkish language preferenced windows 10 operation system then i changed format and language preference to United Kingdom's English and boom its solved .For developer of this map editor I have a suggestion .Make your program supports another languages' unicode format or people will be unable to work this program without the language pack .Thanks in advance .

Hello I find the problem solver .It's about your operation system's language preference .You need to just change it to English (United Kingdom or United States) .I use a Turkish language preferenced windows 10 operation system then i changed format and language preference to United Kingdom's English and boom its solved .For developer of this map editor I have a suggestion .Make your program supports another languages' unicode format or people will be unable to work this program without the language pack .Thanks in advance .

I changed my language preference to English (UK), but I'm still getting the same error.

Ошибка неподдерживаемой версии класса: mb / bme / Bloodpass был скомпилирован более поздней версией среды выполнения Java (версия файла класса 55.0), эта версия среды выполнения Java распознает только версии файлов классов до 53.0
ставлю jdk-9.0.4_windows-x64_bin - не открывается

PS установка последней версии Java помогла

Last edited:
It doesn't work. I've OpenJDK 13 and Windows 10. The log file records only "Creating 1200x900 window"

Same, i downloaded OpenJDK 11 and have Win 10, .jar does nothing and .bat opened a window (if i try again also nothing happens).

Hello ;
About the import/export bugs and the problem illustrated by Red Serf before :
The txt file edited by Bloodpass remplaces the "." (points) by "," (coma) on the numbers of the coordinates listed in the file. Your version of warband does not recognize the coma, and considers the coordinates as integer numbers. This causes the erratic borders you can experience for your edited maps in game.

To resolve this, simply replace every coma by a point in the bloodpass-edited txt file with Ctrl+H.
For some reason, it also permits to import again the file in the editor, without crash.

The tool crash time to time but remains an excellent editor (use it with a wide screen configuration in order to get all the functions available)
Also I experienced a total crash of the tool with its newest version (i'm on Windows 10 ; quite low configuration, especially for gaming) ; i've found an older version on a russian website which works (almost) perfectly.

Btw, thank you Bloodpass for this tool, i managed to make a quite satisfying map for my mod with it :smile:

Last edited:
I'm getting the same error. Can anyone help?
Yep, I'm getting that error too.
This is a few years late but I had this issue as well and found a fix. From what I can tell online a Java update broke a part in the engine the Bloodpass developer used. I couldn't figure out how to get it to launch with the latest JRE version but I got it to work by launching it with the version this was last written with. My solution steps:
1. Download (and extract) or install JRE from JDK11. I can't post links since my account is new but I recommend downloading it from Adoptium, they have JRE from JDK11 LTS which is what I used successfully.
2. Open Bloodpass.bat in text editor
3. Replace java with path to JDK11's java.exe. Since I installed JDK11 to its default path I replaced java with "C:\Program Files\Eclipse Adoptium\jre-11.0.20.101-hotspot\bin\java.exe" Quotes included.
4. Save file and launch .bat in Command Prompt/Powershell/Terminal.

Hope this helps someone.

Back
Top Bottom