Ok, this is weird (Age of False Innocent mod inside)

Users who are viewing this thread

Norm4nDuke

Recruit
An age or two ago I downloaded the Age of False Innocence mod, but never used it... until now. From what I understood, it was supposed to be a multiplayer-only mod... so, why can I actually choose to play a single-player campaign and why, when I do so, I get a brand new map and the factions have historical names (ie. France)?
Oh, and BTW my character's heavy crossbow shoots like a musket, but I can't reload it. o_O

Look at what you download before downloading. At least read the description before clicking the link. You downloaded the single player submod made by Swadian Man at Arms using the original AoFI. To get the multiplayer, http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,137843.0.html Not sure about the musket/crossbow, I haven't tried the singleplayer sub mod yet but Swadian Man at Arms should be able to answer it for you.

The person that made the submod for SP said he wasn't a coder, so in the start you have to pull out your sword and kill the bandit. When you get the chance dispose of the crossbow.

That can be changed only in Module System. I can do that but it's really not needed because as I stated in my thread the mod was built with .txt files.

And about the Xbow issue: The game recognises it as a musket so that's why it fires like that.

J12-19 said:
Look at what you download before downloading. At least read the description before clicking the link. You downloaded the single player submod made by Swadian Man at Arms using the original AoFI. To get the multiplayer, http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,137843.0.html Not sure about the musket/crossbow, I haven't tried the singleplayer sub mod yet but Swadian Man at Arms should be able to answer it for you.

That explains everything, lol. I can't believe I downloaded the wrong thing. o_O I even thought "WTF, why do I get the same medieval troops as usual?" XD

Norm4nDuke said:
J12-19 said:

That explains everything, lol. I can't believe I downloaded the wrong thing. o_O I even thought "WTF, why do I get the same medieval troops as usual?" XD

Haha XD

J12-19 said:
I think you've got that backwards actually. :razz:

Sounds like he has an old version of the multiplayer. But yeah, to play singleplayer, download Swadian Man at Arms's submod.

Ok, I downloaded the original mod, extracted it into the Modules folder and overwritten everything... now I see some guns in the shop, but the cities still have Native names and the armies I see around are still composed of Men-at-arms, Crossbowmen, etc. o_O

EDIT: I also can't see any server running the mod in Multiplayer. Also, is it normal to meet the bandit at the beginning in an open field?

Norm4nDuke said:
Ok, I downloaded the original mod, extracted it into the Modules folder and overwritten everything... now I see some guns in the shop, but the cities still have Native names and the armies I see around are still composed of Men-at-arms, Crossbowmen, etc. o_O

EDIT: I also can't see any server running the mod in Multiplayer. Also, is it normal to meet the bandit at the beginning in an open field?
Unfortunately, there kind of aren't any servers running the mod anymore. And to play singleplayer, download the submod made by Swadian Man at Arms.

Shredzorz said:
Norm4nDuke said:

Unfortunately, there kind of aren't any servers running the mod anymore. And to play singleplayer, download the submod made by Swadian Man at Arms.

I downloaded the submod and followed the steps in the description, but I still experience those weird things. Also, in the mod "patch notes" it says artillery was taken away, but it looks like I can actually buy it. o_O

Norm4nDuke said:
Shredzorz said:
Norm4nDuke said:

I downloaded the submod and followed the steps in the description, but I still experience those weird things. Also, in the mod "patch notes" it says artillery was taken away, but it looks like I can actually buy it. o_O
That's the wrong submod. :razz:

Here, download this one: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,170838.0.html

Shredzorz said:
Norm4nDuke said:
Shredzorz said:
Norm4nDuke said:

Here, download this one: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,170838.0.html
Read the titles and descriptions...please. lol

Shredzorz said:
Norm4nDuke said:
Shredzorz said:
Norm4nDuke said:

I tried that too, but nothing changed.

Back
Top Bottom