SP Antiquity Rome: Fall of the Republic (Alpha Stage)

Users who are viewing this thread

Blobmania

Grandmaster Knight
Howdy there people,

So, i've completed my first mod... in under 48 hours, total.

I'll just run you through the back-story: In 59 BC, Julius Caesar forced through a vote to make Publius Clodius Pulcher a plebian (commoner), therefore making him a suitable candidate to become a Tribune, and therefore give Julius some extra political weight.

Clodius grew in power, and eventually Gnaeus Pompey Magnus (in a political alliance with Caesar, at the time) was forced to raise another man in order to counter Clodius's growing threat. This man was named Titus Annius Milo, and over time both of these men gained significant underground influence in rome, in the form of street gangs.

This mod focuses on their conflict, and each of the gangs begins with one "base", and a market village nearby. The mod is set in a relatively realistic map of Rome, with over 25 castle-type locations, 3 markets, and several key locations such as the Forum, Senate house, and Circus Maximus.

On the whole this is a period I know quite well, having always been a history enthusiast, and having studied these exact events in my Ancient history A-level over the past year, so it (should) be relatively accurate by the time it gets to it's final release, however at the moment the mod is in it's early release stages, so several innacuracies are to be expected, my apologies. I've also only been working on the mod for under 48 hours, and have literally worked non-stop since 2:00 pm GMT on wednesday until 8:20 GMT today (Friday) in order to get this out, so apologies if there are some rather obvious problems so far that i've missed.

The Alpha release includes new troops, new weapons and armour, new factions, and a new map + map icons. However, I have so far edited none of the Dialogue, Menus, Scenes, or anything of the like. There are also a couple of minor coding points that need to be addressed and that I am aware of, such as the fact that you spawn in native armour, and all the native items are still available to buy. The game is also incredibly unbalanced as is, with the troop counts being the main culprit. All of this I am working on, however i've got an exam in 4 days, so please be patient in the meantime.

From concept to Alpha in roughly 42 hours, it's still very rough around the edges. It's playable, but don't be too critical at this stage.

Please send any glitches or suchlike that you come across to myself as a PM, and i'll get onto it within the next one or two weeks, when I get the time.

Righty, so here's the Alpha download:

http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2938

Cheers,

- Blobski

Oh sweet jesus, you people want screenshots now?

-.-

Haha, i'll sort some, gimme a few minutes.

Oh, and might as well mention as well - Before this mod, I was pretty much a novice coder. I've learnt a lot on the job, but don't go expecting anything spectacular in that department for a few weeks. I've got some other project coming up to practice my coding on, and until they're over I doubt i'll be proficient enough to code anything much more complicated than effectively a medieval-to-roman port mod. After that point, i'll see where I am, and maybe work on making some shiny new scripts and stuff for it.

wow, finally somebody who first make a post about his mod when its out and dont let us spam while waiting for it

You sir, are awesome.

Screenshots (Yay!?)

"Thug"
mb3-2.jpg

Equipped with: "Simple Gladius", "Woolen Tunic", "Sandals"

"Bladesman"

mb4-1.jpg

Equipped with: "Sharp Gladius", "Throwing Daggers", "Leather Cuirass", "Sandals"

Edit: Apologies, not a great screeny there - i've actually yet to upgrade any of my troops to this level yet, and in honesty after coding (And then re-coding, when a PC crash deleted the original code) the mod all night, I'm really not in the mood to mod in the armour for a screeny. Sorry, you'll just have to get a better look for yourself, in-game!

This sounds so great, I wanna hug you.

elorian said:
wow, finally somebody who first make a post about his mod when its out and dont let us spam while waiting for it

You sir, are awesome.

+1 for true and awesome comment.:A

haha quite, Refleax =P

Cheers for the comments, guys. As I've said, it's early days yet, but I fully intend to carry on with this in a week or so (once I can once again stand to look at a line of code without wanting to pass out ;D)., so it'll be looking quite a bit more polished over the next few months.

Blobmania said:
haha quite, Refleax =P

Cheers for the comments, guys. As I've said, it's early days yet, but I fully intend to carry on with this in a week or so (once I can once again stand to look at a line of code without wanting to pass out ;D)., so it'll be looking quite a bit more polished over the next few months.

I'd help you code if i knew anything about coding, (could someone give me a tutorial link?)

*EDIT* Oh and the mod is looking good so far.

I could help you as a researcher if you want. I don't know anything about graphics design or coding so I can't help you there.

When you return please update the main post with more details.
Btw, nice mod. We need more ancient times era mods.

Haha i'll make sure to. I'm looking for volunteers people, so anyone who reckons they've got decent English and a knowledge of historical context, gimme a shout and I can hook you up with what you'll need to get started.

Did you make ur own models? just curious as i've made my own Rome mod but could always do with more models.

Some of the models were OSP, some OSP with different textures, and I made a few myself. I'm not working on this at the moment, as i'm involved in another (more pressing) project, but when that's over i'll be returning to this mod.

oh, if ur not working on this now, any chance i could use ur models as i am making an early Rome mod myself? (my mod is more the beginning of the republic, link if ur interested: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,179044.0/viewresults.html )

Back
Top Bottom