Cavalry wins every battle

Users who are viewing this thread

alabaman

Regular
Old Guard
I've noticed that cavalry units are extremely superior to infantry. A simple Cavalry Recruit can easily take out two or three higher-tier foot soldiers in one go. Not only that, but men on horses have also lost the ability to bleed for whatever reason. The only lesser thing about them is their cost. I mean ****, having a full cavalry army costs almost 200 dollars.

Cavalry has always been an important part of any battle dating back to hundred of years B.C. 

Now back to the time period:  Cavalry was always an infantry men's nightmare.  They are fast, hard to hit, and hard hitting.

They also have some downsides, don't get me wrong.  They can't aim well, they overturn, and sometimes are pathetically weak, if you ask me.

If you have an uncoordinated jumble of infantry lacking a competent commander, then yes, you are correct.
However, if you control your troops wisely, cavalry can be easily combated.

What I do is order my troops to all dismount (if I have any cavalry) and hold fire, forming a line with a single order to spread out. When the enemy is about two hundred yards away I order them to fire at will. 
Also, having black powder and tossing it in front of a cavalry charge will both slow it and dismount many of the riders, giving your troops more time to pick them off.

What I did to resolve it was cut the HP of all horses by a certain percentage, so they're less likely to just shrug all damage off and continue as if nothing happened. Cavalry is still dangerous, but it can't just ride straight into gunfire anymore.

oliver255 said:
Now back to the time period:  Cavalry was always an infantry men's nightmare.  They are fast, hard to hit, and hard hitting.

I'm a Napoleonic reenacter and at exercition they said if there are
trees nearby you have to climb into the trees and wait till the Calvary
left the battle field. Maybe do this in this mod too?

Too hard to code, a waste of time, and it was not very common for whole companies of infantry to break ranks and climb into the nearest trees. Also, the scenes would have to be reworked to include more forested regions.

I switch from full cavalry to full infantry all the time.

If I have an army of foot soldiers I order them to stand still at the border of the map. Cavalry units charge your army from the left (your left), and when they're stuck you can just throw a few dynamites or shot gun shells at them.

Question is,do AI horsemen already have penalty while they horses are running?If not,then higher penalty is necessary,otherwise no reason to decrease they accuracy if horses are steady!

TheDyllionaire said:
Too hard to code, a waste of time, and it was not very common for whole companies of infantry to break ranks and climb into the nearest trees. Also, the scenes would have to be reworked to include more forested regions.

The Brigades of my regiment could max have 5 soldiers so for our regiment it's easy to climb into a tree and what till the reinforcements arrive(d).

Yeah, right..
thanks that made me laugh, what about cavalry with carbines, spencers and winchesters and the rest?
Does climbing a tree really helps you?  :lol:

The Brigades of my regiment could max have 5 soldiers so for our regiment it's easy to climb into a tree and what till the reinforcements arrive(d).
I'm pretty sure most of the people playing this mod have parties larger than five people. Regardless, this is not the Napoleonic Era, and you're still ignoring the fact that it'd be extremely difficult to code, and a rather silly thing to code in the first place.

TheDyllionaire said:
I'm pretty sure most of the people playing this mod have parties larger than five people. Regardless, this is not the Napoleonic Era, and you're still ignoring the fact that it'd be extremely difficult to code, and a rather silly thing to code in the first place.
Stop hatin start codin

Cavalry are fine. In my experience just setting my infantry up in a line formation, they destroy oncoming cavalry before they even reach us.

Back
Top Bottom