Current Events

Users who are viewing this thread

Best I ever did was conquering the Ormelis with Swadia. That was over a year ago.

I conquered half the map with the Laurians once, but generally speaking...M&B/Wb are too unpolished for long games. You do fifty, one hundred days, maybe a year, and unless you're really just aiming to conquer everything, things just get bogged down.

Yeaaahh unless the mod is modded to break the repetitiveness of conquering.
If we come with a formula for that, eatrc will be truly complete and it will rock the Caravanserai as an awesome mod gameplay-wise too, instead of just for the spiffy hats and universal hate towards the LT(I do believe even Brigadiers hate themselves.. how could they not?).

Maybe by setting unique Victory Conditions for every faction, based on a game-long quest(once you join a faction), while also infusing it lightly with lore, so as to keep the player motivated to fulfill the conditions.
This would also add more sense to our already-sensible "Obey you masters" dogma.
I'm just putting it out there, I'm sure D' will come to ruin the party(rightly so, but whatever).

Actually, as far as I'm concerned, I'd be alright if the game could just run on forever without me having to worry about time running out. I mean right now, as it is, there are some factors that will really mess up long-term games.

1. Factions dying out
2. Factional territories getting all mixed up and the map becoming a huge mess
3. Lords changing factions and disappearing
4. Rulers ousted by pretenders will never come back
5. Dead factions won't come back
6. Player Character losing attribute points once the game has gone on for long enough
7. I bet there's even more, and I can't think of it right now ARGH.

I know they sound like no big deal, but they DO bother me...! :xf-mad:

D'Sparil said:
Bunduqdari said:
I'm just putting it out there, I'm sure D' will come to ruin the party(rightly so, but whatever).

Hey, I'm all for faction based quests and victories, scripting quests it's a pain in the ass though.
Cool. But that still ruins it, doesn't it? The dream of a more awesome eatrc I mean. If I wasn't such an undisciplined, easily distracted student, I would fit some eatrc coding into my schedule, but as of now I still couldn't be arsed to use my agenda to schedule my stuff, after all these months of school. So you can get an idea about how bad my time-management skills are. And how this can lead to a guilty conscience whenever one wants to do something fun.

Shrugging Khan said:
Actually, as far as I'm concerned, I'd be alright if the game could just run on forever without me having to worry about time running out. I mean right now, as it is, there are some factors that will really mess up long-term games.

1. Factions dying out - A shadow of the faction springs up from time to time that needs to be squashed. Led by lords who have no place to go.
2. Factional territories getting all mixed up and the map becoming a huge mess
3. Lords changing factions and disappearing - See 1 for disappearing lords. Could become rogues and march on your walls.
4. Rulers ousted by pretenders will never come back - Rulers give it one last shot at random when ousted, marching on Caladria for one last hurrah - all or nothing.
5. Dead factions won't come back - See 1. If not dealt with, could grow and become a serious enough threat.
6. Player Character losing attribute points once the game has gone on for long enough
7. I bet there's even more, and I can't think of it right now ARGH.

I know they sound like no big deal, but they DO bother me...! :xf-mad:

I think the reds would give the game a lot of replayability and longetivity.

Dead factions will resurrect themselves if enough lords are discontent (a feature from Custom Commander) - it's quite uncommon but can happen. I'll add in a cheat to make it happen manually.

What about ousted rulers and exiled lords, as opposed to only the disgruntled ones? Can they ALL come back? :grin:

PS: On a largely unrelated note...when I've got a faction of my own, can I give, cede or trade holdings like castles and towns with others?

It's the same ruler, along with all other lords of the same original faction from the faction the first lord defected from.
Haven't tested, but fief trading should be diplomacy as part of treaty negotations.

Shrugging Khan said:
PS: On a largely unrelated note...when I've got a faction of my own, can I give, cede or trade holdings like castles and towns with others?

TRAITOR!

Just throwing that in there.

But yeah, adding those things would be great.

I'm just trying to maintain a balance of power, and to keep ownership of places with their original owners. I am not too happy about Haelmarian Volga, for example. Or Ormeli Marienburg. So I would totally consider opening my own faction, grabbing some vassals, and taking those places so I can give them back to their proper lords. (I tried campaigning for them as a mercenary (true vassalage is too unflexible), but would you believe how utterly stupid some lords can be?

Anyways, current events: Riding around in the Laurian-Swadian-Vaegir border regions, intercepting the splintered remnants of an Ormeli campaign, Ducal raiding parties, haelmarian expeditions and the odd licker caravan. I can already smell the lion throne gearing up for their next siege at Vienna.

(Am I the only one still playing the mod?)

PS: Real world Event: THUNDERSTORM! WHEEEEE!  :grin:

PPS: I totally missed Somebody's post. So, fief trading as a treaty operator...are treaties only available for ending wars or can I always offer them? Can they be unequal trades, such as fief-in-exchange-for-money, or at the least giving something away for free?

Shrugging Khan said:
(Am I the only one still playing the mod?)

I guess you are! How about that, you dork!

Srsly: I'm sure you're not. I think people can't be bothered to post, that's all. Mayhaps because they're playing the mod even more intensively than you.

Current events:
The Holy Swadian Empire is at war with the Filharnists, but while Swadia, since the treaties with the Vaegirs and the Haelmarians, is only at war with the Lion Throne, the latter is also at war with the Ormelis and the Imperial State. As a mercenary for the Holy Empire, my character, Hauptmann Joseph, is fighting a border-guerilla together with Sergeant Hershey against the Filharnists (the Border Reivers only hunt bandits).
After the Lion Throne recaptured Almerra Castle, I decided to loot the village near that castle. While I was happily pillaging and setting fire to stuff, I suddenly was interrupted by Lady Miluda's party of 90-or-so men! Together with the peasants their number was 125 troops against my 33. Well, at least it would be a good brawl. Half my force consisted of Doppelsoldner, and they hacked through the enemy like through butter (or cheese), while the Thronists were off their horses and were more vulnerable to my all-infantry army. Suddenly, I find myself fighting against Lady Miluda. In an all-or-nothing-attack I swing my Flamberge at her... and it bounches off her armour. The next moment her broadsword hits my face. "Ow!" The last thing I see before I hit the ground, is a Doppelsoldner hacking through her barbute, knocking her unconscious.
But this was not the end; my surgeons Imyra and Eggbert got me and my companions (armed as Doppelsöldner) back on our feet, and we charged once more. Thanks to my brave soldiers,it was now my 18 against their 27. At the moment there were but 5 Filharnists left, I got an arrow from a Kara-Khitan in my Eye. KO. My soldiers finisher them off, but I got no renown for this epic battle :sad:. But well, I gathered much loot and experience.

33 VS 90 is still awesome. All hail the glorious Doppelsoldners!

(I'm currently considering to give my companions some armour, since they're a little too vulnerable to those stray arrows...but they look so much more fashionable in their Bandit gear! Alas!)

I know, but that's cheating  :???:

Well, unless you give it the exact stats of some existing piece of armour. Stylish red shirts aren't cheating if they're both as protective AND as heavy & expensive as plate armour, after all.

Leather Boots and Gloves, Face Scarves, and dirty brown leather trenchcoats. Just feels like "Hello. We've been lying in ambush in a dirty ditch for a week, and now we will bash your head in, rape your family, burn your house, and drink your beer.".

Back
Top Bottom