[S] Arena Revamp Deluxe - OSP - 1.5

Users who are viewing this thread

Arena Revamp Deluxe OSP

This is Open Source - use as you please - but don't forget giving credit.

Description:

- Ever disliked those boring, bland vanilla arenas ?
- Ever got annoyed of -stupid- NPCs and horses running into walls and getting stuck?
- Ever wanted arena battles that actually ARE fun ? ! ?

Well, I did.
That's why I opened up the editor and got to work.
Hope you'll enjoy the results as much as I do!

Features:

- Unique arenas, carefully embedded into their cities and surrounding scenery
- environment/architecture designed to flavor arena battles with tactical possibilities!
- AI meshes !
  No more NPCs senselessly bumping into walls - now they "KNOW" there are walls!
- Greater fun (dramatically multiplied hopefully!), enriched gameplay AND challenge!

Reworked so far:

Sargoth - Arena and Castle (interior)
      Tihr - Arena
Uxkhal - Arena and Castle (interior)

Some Impressions:

Tihr Arena        Newly added.

Sargoth Arena

Sargoth Castle Hall

Uxkhal Arena

Uxkhal Castle Hall

The File:

http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2916

Installation:

Couldn't be easier!
Just put the .sco files into your desired module's "SceneObj" folder and overwrite.
Don't forget to backup files before, if you need to.

It might be necessary to start a new game to make the reworked scenes show up.

Done and enjoy!

Recommendations:

This mod looks especially well with "Polished Landscapes" by Gutekfiutek!
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,122423.0.html

Note:
While editing the scenes I had Gutek's mod active - this MAY result in some misplaced appearing plants/trees when running without "Polished Landscapes". Or it may not.

Credits and Kudos:

1.) Taleworlds:
For creating such a great, fun game - with even greater potential - and making it editable so exceptionally easy! Even for noobs like me!
2.) Gutekfiutek - for his "Polished Landscapes".  It's simply art.
3.) The great M&B forum/modding community:
For just keeping making a great game even better!

cheers!

Other lucky-lancer-made mods:

"Training Fields"
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,144466.0.html

"Texture Fiddling"
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,150468.0.html

Looks really good. Arenas need a lot of work to be fun.

lucky lancer said:
- AI meshes !
  No more NPCs senselessly bumping into walls - now they "KNOW" there are walls!
I have actually done this - made AI mesh in arenas - and sadly it doesn't guarantee the cavalry not bumping into walls.
But it does work a little better.

Njunja said:
Awesome...  :grin:

Thank you, Njunja. :smile:

@Adorno:
I know that you know what you're talking about...  :grin:
Been using your very fine and creative "Arena Overhaul" mod (among those other cool mods of yours)
It's undoubtedly a -huge- improvement, but I still just felt some arenas should look a bit different to fit my personal tastes.

I've got no idea if I ever finish reworking the other arenas as you did - I salute you for that! :smile:
You're totally right - it IS a lot of work. And a lot of fun.

Concerning AI meshes:
You're right here, too.
Horses still hit walls occasionally. But now they don't persist on keeping trying to get THROUGH the damn walls anymore. :smile:
Those AI meshes really help much, that's why I wanted to point that out.

Thanks for your comment and cheers! :smile:

@Sayd Ûthman:
They can only get in a bit. :smile:
Since there's no proper swimming animation, the rest of the water's just scenery and blocked by invisible barriers.
I encourage you to check this out and see for yourself how NPCs react. :smile:
Hope you'll like it!

cheers!

Hey lancer!
Got to say I have been fully inspired after downloading this, and have made many modifications to Sargoth's castle on top of yours, making it more welcoming for a feast (yours did this great as it was, I love everything you added), added a bit more lighting, turning the table into a feast, slightly modifying entry point positions (once again, I loved yours, only modified the ones still from Native). I also tweaked some of the AI mesh in the Sargoth arena, so that they don't get stuck running into things like the ramp, and moved some of the entry points to spawn on the new docks you created.

The mod is amazing and inspiring! I have thoroughly been enjoying it, and Tihr is my favorite arena now :smile: I love how archers spawn way up on those towers! And you made it work very smoothly. I especially love seeing all the scenery now. Uxkhal castle has a beautiful feel to it now. I am still learning my way around edit mode, but have been loving it and eager to master it.

If you would like any help on this mod I would be all arms to help out with any other towns you need.  :smile:

Thank you for the feedback everyone! :smile:

Sadly I don't have much free time at the moment, so I don't know when I'll be able to work a bit more on the arenas or scenes in general. I don't know if I will ever "finish" this project, as there is SO much more to do, but I hope I will find some time. Scene building really is a lot of fun!

@Quixote:
Thank you, I'm glad you like my modifications! :grin:
Tihr arena is my favorite, too!
Of course you - and everyone else - is welcome to adjust / improve my scene editings to your own likings and / or even share them with the community - all I ask for is some credit if my rudimentary ideas are still noticeable in the end result. :smile:
Looking forward to seeing your scene editings, should you decide to make them public. :smile:
After all it's one of the great achievements of this awesome game to enable people to shape and enrich its content and atmosphere to their liking and share it with others afterwards!

Best regards, everyone! :smile:

lancer

Back
Top Bottom