Users who are viewing this thread

Whenever I open OpenBRF, I get this:
ruQcsfg.png

Any ideas?

Soldat_Wesner said:
Whenever I open OpenBRF, I get this:
ruQcsfg.png

Any ideas?

I was having the same problem, I figured it would be probrably because I'm using a notebook(laptop) and since notebooks have the integrated graphic card and the "offboard graphic card", I simply opened the Nvidia control panel and selected the option to use the Nvidia card with the OpenBRF application.

Hello every one,
I'm  wondering if someone had OpenBRF to work under Linux, and how?
I'm using Linux Mint 18.1 and when I tried, it woudn't even start
I should say that Warband works (through steam)
With Wine of course
Thanks =)

Hopefully someone who can answer will read this.

I am having a problem importing a texture/material. 

I am making my own horse textures, and so created a lot of pngs which I then converted to DDS.  HOwever, whenever I import one of my own textures, openBRF crashes.  It just says it has stopped working and has to close. 

I KNOW I have created dds files before that didn't crash openBRF because I had been testing them out on meshes to see where work was needed.

I do not really know what the problem is, I have saved them with minmaps and without, DXT5, 3 and 1. 

So, does anyone know the problem? Is there some special way to create DDS files that I need to do? Some setting I need to look for?

@King Yngvar said:
@Ixzzhaeldir said:
Downloaded it today but can't run it since apparently there's a missing .dll file

"msvcp120.dll" is missing from your computer

Having the same problem.

I believe that you can download that file from microsoft.  Just do a search for that dll.  I had a dll (don't think it was that particular one) that I was missing for another program so I went looking and there were places to download them. 

(hope that  Ican ping people to let them see the replies here)

Does anyone know whats wrong with my openBRF??  :cry:

There is compleetly nothing on the right side of the window when I open any BRF file

cu3e8J0.png

Hi, I am fairly new to modding, I have a question I need help with please:

How do you make custom carry positions for weapons?

For example: I would like to change where all one handed axes are sheathed in my mod. rather than on the left hip on a 45 degree angle like a sword, I want to place them on the right hip, straight up and down, as if the axe is hanging from a ring on the belt.

Swords make a little more sense to me because there is a separate 'sheathe' item, but axes only contain the one item in BRF, so I don't know if editing its location will mess it up when it is carried as well or not?

Could anyone help me with this please?

I am able to relocate the axe where I want it using the "roto-translate-rescale" option, but I don't know how to make that the new 'sheathed' location or how to ensure it is attached to the skeleton and wont just float in that location while the character is moving.

I have pictures of what I have done in BRF but I don't know how to post them.

Thank you so much in advance!

I don't think materials are exportable to a separate file, as they are rather unique to brfs. If you want to copy a material from one brf to another, you can simply copy paste it.

Coldstreamer15 said:
Well.... I have a bit of an issue, I accidentally deleted the badges for the caps for the french 84e, so how do I undo that?
If you deleted something and saved that, you can't get it back. If you have other edits in the same brf, you have to move your edited brf out of the Resource folder, get Steam to redownload the file by verifying your game's integrity (or get a friend to send you their version of the brf, that might be easier). Then copy the previously deleted meshes from the original brf to your edited one.
And to prevent this from happening again, make backups! Just make a copy of the complete module you're working on so you can always revert what you did.

I have a problem: when I'm trying to export mesh from brf. it just doesn't appear in the folder, where I'm trying to put it - what have I done wrong?

I'm trying to get into modding and I've wanted to play with openbrf for sometime now but every time I try to download it and run I can never get it to work. I really don't have any experience with stuff so I'm just doing something wrong but I need someone to tell me what it is. I download the openbrf, extract it into some folder but then I just have a bunch of files in a folder and I don't know what to do from there

Andre__ said:
I'm trying to get into modding and I've wanted to play with openbrf for sometime now but every time I try to download it and run I can never get it to work. I really don't have any experience with stuff so I'm just doing something wrong but I need someone to tell me what it is. I download the openbrf, extract it into some folder but then I just have a bunch of files in a folder and I don't know what to do from there

.exe means executable file. Just double click on openBrf.exe in windows explorer.

Back
Top Bottom