[Outdated] Warband MapManager [v0.9] = OLD/DEPRECATED/IGNORE

Users who are viewing this thread

Well, he was being rude, and using that Sarcastic "let me google that for you" and comparing me to a child did make me mad. Yes, you did great Lumos. When you have a bad day, you try not to take it out on those around you. Ive had bad days, yes today and yesterday are considered them in my personal life. And with the life i grew up in, i get pissy real easy when theres lack of respect, and ill turn into a total Hypocrite and do it right back. I like you Lumos, sorry for that little episode.

Lumos said:
To be fair, such searches wouldn't have been very helpful even if the relevant information existed and was in plain sight. The map.txt.bak is something that the MapManager creates, so there's naturally no occurrence of it in the forum. That's why you came on the relevant thread, asked your question, I replied. All done as it should be.

While there may not exist specific threads about specific names, Windows permission issues are all the same.
You just have to recursively allow standard users inside Program files by opening the ACLs dialog under folder properties.

Really, it's that difficult, allow them to write in there and all that.

The root cause is probably that MapManager doesn't check if the
Code:
map.txt.bak
has been successfully written, and then when it tries to access it is just not there. Also, the Forum built-in search sucks, there's a dropdown box in there, choose Google.

So every time time i launch the map manager i get this

http://prntscr.com/4mnzvh

and i have all the path's correct to i think

http://prntscr.com/4mo04x

Is there anything i'm doing wrong?

"Access denied" is a pretty self-explanatory message: make sure you've got read/write permissions in all folders.
In fact, it's quite possible that you've used this application through an admin account, and are now using it as a user (rendering the backup created by the admin account impervious to your userly modifications)... just like the previous person's errors, a few posts back.

Lumos said:
"Access denied" is a pretty self-explanatory message: make sure you've got read/write permissions in all folders.
In fact, it's quite possible that you've used this application through an admin account, and are now using it as a user (rendering the backup created by the admin account impervious to your userly modifications)... just like the previous person's errors, a few posts back.

When you say read/write permission's, do you mean run it as a administrator?

n fact, it's quite possible that you've used this application through an admin account, and are now using it as a user (rendering the backup created by the admin account impervious to your userly modifications)... just like the previous person's errors, a few posts back.

And could you please explain to me what that means? I'm sorry if i'm making things more complicated then they should be.

Edit: never mind, i understand what you meant now. but how would i fix this?

It work's now. i down loaded Mount and blade from the TalwWorlds site, and did what was said to do, and it work's. thought you could've done it a different way but oh well. Thank you so much for the help. But i have one last question,. How do i make it to were i can edit the terrain outside of the no pass zone? (if that's what it's called)

Well, i created a new map, and now i can edit all the terrain now. it's weird. any way thanks for the help  :grin:
EDIT: how do i make the map bigger and load it into warband? or can i not make it bigger?

until now,i haven't get like this problem on thorgrims map editor.

When i opened the editor,coming a "making a progress" icon.But,nothing happening at last.Program is not opening.But,i can see editor.exe in "mission management".

Why it happening ?

I tried to uninstall and install again the editor.It didn't work.

what should i do ?

im trying to open from map manager.But,i tried from normal MapEditor.exe too .It didn't work too.

HyperCharge said:
im trying to open from map manager.But,i tried from normal MapEditor.exe too .It didn't work too.
No idea. Also, this isn't the map editor help desk. Sorry.
I'd try using Swyter's Cartographer instead. It's newer, quite a bit more stable, made for Warband, and is supported.

Lumos said:
HyperCharge said:
No idea. Also, this isn't the map editor help desk. Sorry.
I'd try using Swyter's Cartographer instead. It's newer, quite a bit more stable, made for Warband, and is supported.

Not problem.Im just made a virus research in my Norton,its solved.

Also,im using "cartographer the glorius" for moving parties too. :smile:

It doesnt work for me its showing me this error:
Unhandled exception has ocurred in your application.If you click Continue,the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit,the application will close immediatly.
The process cannot acces the file "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/MountBlade Warband/Modules/My Mod/map.txt

Hi there!
I have no idea what you're talking about. Don't use this application, because it's a hacky helper for Thorgrim's map editor. Use Swyter's cartographer (in combo with your favourite 3D-editing application) instead, because it actually works and is supported and is way cooler than this.

Good luck!

Lumos said:
Hi there!
I have no idea what you're talking about. Don't use this application, because it's a hacky helper for Thorgrim's map editor. Use Swyter's cartographer (in combo with your favourite 3D-editing application) instead, because it actually works and is supported and is way cooler than this.

Good luck!

First of all,I don't have any 3D editor,and I was asking,why would I need that Mount and Blade 1.011 when I have M&B 1.168

Ah, right, sorry.
Look how it goes: basically, Thorgrim's editor was old and unsupported when Warband came out, circa 2010-2011. Because of how it was written, it didn't really like Warband too much, so I made this little thing which uses 1.011 as a "working horse" of sorts to circumvent these errors. At that point, I think, it wasn't too uncommon for people to have both installed at the same time (I certainly did, and I actually ran two Warband installs at some point), so I didn't think this would be too much of an issue.

Looking at it now, four or five years down the line, this is like applying a band-aid to a (moderately large) knife wound. Technically helps, but probably not the best solution all around.

At any rate, PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS APPLICATION; in fact, I'll go ahead and add this to the first post. It's old, it's pretty ****e, my total development time on it was probably two hours or whatever, and it's not what you need.

Back
Top Bottom