OSP 2D Art [Warband] Wei.Xiadi's Litus Armour Project V1.1 (OSP)

Users who are viewing this thread

Wei.Xiadi

Knight at Arms
Wei Xiadi's Litus Armour Project
Version 1.1

Download: Wei Xiadi's Litus Armour project V1.1

What this Mod does:  This pakacage includes 50+ armour re-textures for modders and members to use.

These Armours all use Mount n Blade models, they have simply been retextured and added to a new BRF to add more of a variety to the games armour selection.

Plans: I intend to re-release this at a later date so that these armours are already implemented in a Native game

Compatibilities: This mod is not compatible with anything off the bat.  As an OSP/Modders resource - only people who know how to implement armours in game will have any success in setting these up.

Usages: Anyone may use this mod so long as credits are given.

Credits: Wei Xiadi

Thank You's:

Sahran - Without him all of those Khergit themed armours would be gone.  His 'save everything' policy allowed me to retrieve the work I did from the last patch of Litus before my computer went bang.  So a big thank you mate!
Xenoargh - Thanks for polishing the brf file and re-naming the materials, models and the texture files for easier identification.

Screenshots

Note: Some of these pictures may be old, or lacking in picture quality.

PREVIEW1.jpg

preview01.jpg

preview02.jpg

To see more, visit the Litus Module.  All faction/release previews were centered around the armours I created.  Unfortunately, the few armours Sahran created were not included in this package.

Thanks.  :grin:

I updated the images fresh from the brf editor.  A shame the brf's dont portray how they look in-game.  Also, I noticed that a few of the materials got removed during the merge.  So for the armours that show no texture, the dds file is there - you just need to add a material for it.

I just wish I could remember my repository password :sad:

edit: I made an error with the download link.  It should work as intended now. >.>

Sorry to double-post, but I've taken a look.  Some of this stuff is really nice, I think, but I'm a little worried about how many of the lower-poly models got used, heh.

Like Pino's OSP, everything needs to get relabeled and organized, so that it's drag-and-drop ready for mods.  Naming conventions, for example, are a big deal- everything in OSP releases should have the name of the creator first, so that it's easy to credit and won't cause name issues in the mod.  I presume that's the rod_ for some of it, but the other stuff isn't labeled, and a lot of it is something_copy, or even something_copy_copy, which is confusing.

I'm pretty much done doing that process for Pino's stuff, as I plan to use his Peasant armor variations and I really hate leeching something that I'm not willing to also put time into; I've already set up all of this Litus stuff with AO, etc., and was wondering if you'd like me to send you a link to the full pack, after editing, but before I cut out all the stuff I don't think would be a good fit for what I'm doing.  Basically it's just fixing the names and doing AO; I won't be altering the work otherwise.

How you label them is up to you, so long as there is a link or reference between my work compared to others.  Alternatively, you could just keep the 'wei.xiadi' brf and remove the things you don't want directly from that. (if you're using lots of osp work however, merging them all into 1 brf is simply easier)

I don't know what AO stands for.  Rod_ and any other name was a reference for Litus.  Rod = rhodok, so all textures I did with rod_ indicated they were meant to replace the rhodok armours.  I fleshed out re-skins for every faction, so the labels helped me out.  All of the models are native warband models, and ALL of the textures were made my me.  I can re-label them later on and re-upload if you think it would be better for me to re-name the armour names to WX_'something'.

Not sure why the names are confusing though :grin:.  Most, if not all of the armour re-skins share a similar name to its native counterpart, so that I know what re-skin is using what mesh/model.

I can give every piece of armour an original 'WX' labeled name if you think it would be better for me to do, as this is OSP.

The names are super-important, if you're using a lot of art, yeah.  That, and I prefer to have things labeled by artist, it keeps it clear who did what.  And I keep them separated by artist; when maintaining a lot of art assets, you simply can't stick it all in one BRF and expect to stay organized; one of the weapons BRFs has 500+ things in it, all by itself.

Anyhow, I'm almost done with it, and I'll PM a link to you when it's done :smile:

[EDIT]AO is 'ambient occlusion'.  In this case, it's just quickie stuff done with OpenBRF.  It makes stuff look considerably more real in-game, if done right.[/EDIT]

If you could send it over once complete I'd be in your debt.  Also, if there is anything specific you may want for your mod please let me know.  If anything, I can do an awful lot of different styles of textures. lol.

Regarding the quality of the models, that wasn't up to me unfortunately.  The Litus researchers would give me a concept picture, and a native model that resembled it and basically said 'get it done'. :razz: So I didn't get any real time to see which models were new or slightly old, nor did I really get to have fun or be creative.  I was semi-forced to keep the armours themed.

Also, Litus was during what, 1.113 of the warband release.  We still didn't know what we could or could not do with warband at the time.  If I recall, there were only like 7 or 8 mods for warband, all these big beauties hadn't been converted yet, :grin:

Don't worry about credit or anything; I figure that if I use something, the least I can do is to offer back any polishing I've done.  I've done this stuff with a lot of people's work that's been released OSP.  I'm going through the boring part (fixing mat references) now, should be done in another hour or so.

I really like some of these pieces; within the limits of what you were asked to do, I think you did a great job trying to get them to look new and different :smile:

As for stuff for my mod... if you're ever bored, there's actually a list of things I wrote out at one point; one of the fun things about Blood and Steel is that I simply don't care if you want to play around with history or use fantasy designs, although for the most part I prefer stuff that feels roughly authentic within its concept.

I have to credit you for polishing the brf.  It's like receiving a big piece of cake and not saying 'thank you' when you top it with cream and cherries, it simply must be done!

As for your collection....I like it, but I'm no modeller.  I'd need to be given models to work with and then you know...strut my stuff. To be fair though, I am looking to learn how to model.  I got myself milkshape and now I'm sort of just....staring at the varies google tutorial pages going 'i so cannot be bothered with this'.

And thanks for the compliment.  I'm proud of some of the armours, and annoyed with others 'especially the ones I released that I know are sucky, either because the models are lame or the UAVs's decided that anything i draw should go 'RAWR STRETCH AND BLUR'.

Maltise said:
Hay nice to see all the hard work you didnt not go to waist, Litus was an awesome mod with great items. It deserves to see us in other mods :smile:

Thanks Mal.  It's actually because of Sahran that I was able to get a lot of these files back after my computer had died.  Thank god for Sahran and his 'save everything' policy! :grin: But yeah...I'm happy now that my work is open for everyone.  I think from now on everything I make will be open source.  I'm sick of joining teams where the coders leaves and I'm left with a dead mod ... 'cough' mongol, litus 'cough'

I should learn how to code...:grin:

FrisianDude said:
Some very nice work, thank you Wei! :smile:

No probs and thank you.  I'm glad you like them!

Will be adding another preview picture from the brf opener to the screens.  I figured i'd show a few of the different types of armours.

Too bad Litus died, then. :sad: And I'd forgotten you were in the Mongol team. That team ended awkwardly. :/

Anyway, I can certainly use quite a few of your items. :grin:

FrisianDude said:
Too bad Litus died, then. :sad: And I'd forgotten you were in the Mongol team. That team ended awkwardly. :/

Anyway, I can certainly use quite a few of your items. :grin:

Yeah, Sahran and I really enjoyed Litus as well, but thats life.  Look for another mod to join??? xD

And good, i'd hate all of my work to go to waste :grin: so use whatever you wish! :razz:

Updated to V1.1

* Thanks goes to Xenoargh for polishing the brf and changing the materials, models and texture files for easier identification.
* Finally uploaded to the Repository.

That should be it.

That'd be great.  These armours are for everyone, but i'll start working on the mods that have contacted me.

Thanks for the positive feedback, and I'm glad everyone seems to like them. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom