With Fire & Sword: Questions and Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

5673822009_cdb8a0b416_o.png

Q: Is there a manual I can download?
A: Yes - Link and another Link.

Q: Are there any hints to the storyline quests? How do I find the black mace (etc)?
A: Yes - Official Walkthrough Guide and a discussion thread on the storylines.

Q: Is there a list of the changelogs for the patches?
A: Yes, see: Version 1.142 release thread and Version 1.141 release thread or this Patch List.

Q: Do I need to own 'Mount&Blade: Warband' to play 'Mount&Blade: With Fire & Sword'?
A: No. 'Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword' is a standalone expansion, which means it can be bought and played, without Warband.

Q: If I buy the Steam version, will I be able to extract the CD Key and use the regular game client
A: This will probably be possible. There is no confirmation, as of yet but the chances are it'll be the same as Warband, in which case you won't have to play it in Steam, once you extract the CD Key.

Q: If I buy the non-Steam version, can I use it in Steam?
A: Again, it will probably be the same as Warband. This means you can't import it into steam and play it as a steam game (with achievements etc.). Though, you will be able to add it to your games list as a "non-Steam" game, meaning you can launch it from your Steam library and use the overlay (confirmed).

Q: Where can I buy it?
A: There is some release information here

Q: When is it released?
A: May 3rd 2011.

Q: Is it the same game that was released in Eastern Europe?
A: Quote from Mikail Yazbeck: "It was actually released twice over there. The most recent release is this new version of the game that’s been made in the Warband engine(which we’ve since polished even more for the international release). And the first release was inside of the Mount & Blade 1 engine and was released in between M&B 1 and M&B:Warband, but only in Eastern Europe. That older version of course didn’t have all the features that this version has, but was demanded enough for us(and by us I mean Sich Studios/Snowberry along with TaleWorlds) to want to remake it using the Warband engine and bring to an international audience."

Q: Is it basically just a mod? It looks like a mod.
A: It uses the Warband engine (with some alterations), so it will look like a mod. The difference is the professional level of work, the large amount of content with fully fleshed out singleplayer and multiplayer, which includes a new game mode dedicated to commanding. Ultimately, it's up to you to decide whether you want to buy the game or not.

Q: Will it have cooperative campaign?
A: No. Although, Battle Time is open source so could probably be easily modded into the game.

captain lust said:
Q: Is it the same game that was released in Eastern Europe?
A: Quote from Mikail Yazbeck: "It was actually released twice over there. The most recent release is this new version of the game that’s been made in the Warband engine(which we’ve since polished even more for the international release). And the first release was inside of the Mount & Blade 1 engine and was released in between M&B 1 and M&B:Warband, but only in Eastern Europe. That older version of course didn’t have all the features that this version has, but was demanded enough for us(and by us I mean Sich Studios/Snowberry along with TaleWorlds) to want to remake it using the Warband engine and bring to an international audience."
With Fire & Sword on Warband engine in Eastern Europe - http://www.sichstudio.com/index.php/ru/2009-09-05-12-43-32/mount-a-blade-.html (10.12.2010)
With Fire & Sword on Mount & Blade 1 engine in Eastern Europe -
http://www.sichstudio.com/index.php/ru/2009-09-05-12-43-32/mountablade-q-q.html (4.12.2009)

captain lust said:
Q: Is it basically just a mod? It looks like a mod.
A: It uses the Warband engine (with some alterations), so it will look like a mod. The difference is the professional level of work, the large amount of content with fully fleshed out singleplayer and multiplayer, which includes a new game mode dedicated to commanding. Ultimately, it's up to you to decide whether you want to buy the game or not.

Translation:

So where should I go for tech support for WFaS? I'd think the already established tech board is fine, but I don't want to step on any toes.

(I can't see anything but the sky-box, if you're wondering).  :lol:

Archonsod said:
Aww, more butthurt?

Nope, no butthurt. Firstly because this time around I knew what to expect of Taleworlds, and also because this mod costs only half of what the previous one did. So I'm good. :grin: Just pointing it out for the newbies who might think this is actually a new game or something.

MadocComadrin said:
So where should I go for tech support for WFaS? I'd think the already established tech board is fine, but I don't want to step on any toes.
Yeah, but preface it with [WFaS]. Also check if it occurs on DX7 or not, and try reinstalling (or verifying the cache if it's on Steam)

Ringwraith #5 said:
Just pointing it out for the newbies who might think this is actually a new game or something.
Given that would indicate they lacked sufficient literary skills to read the product description, I very much doubt it's likely to make a difference :lol:

Archonsod said:
Ringwraith #5 said:
Just pointing it out for the newbies who might think this is actually a new game or something.
Given that would indicate they lacked sufficient literary skills to read the product description, I very much doubt it's likely to make a difference :lol:
Problem is, that description was written by people who want to sell the product. You know the old adage, don't you? How can you tell when a salesman is lying? So there you go.

A salesman is lying when their lips are moving. And that little description sure tries hard to make this mod look not like a mod. "It looks like a mod," it says. Well I'm sorry, but if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's a ****ing duck. I have no problem with them selling mods, it might even be a very good one, we'll see. I just can't stand this verbal squirming to make it look like it isn't what it is.

Ringwraith #5 said:
A salesman is lying when their lips are moving. And that little description sure tries hard to make this mod look not like a mod. "It looks like a mod," it says. Well I'm sorry, but if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's a ******** duck. I have no problem with them selling mods, it might even be a very good one, we'll see. I just can't stand this verbal squirming to make it look like it isn't what it is.
So Left 4 Dead should be marketed as a mod for Halflife?

haven't had a possibility to check, yet...

Can bots on dedicated servers block properly, or can they just downblock like on warband?
(mainly in regard to the captain game mode)

Back
Top Bottom