OSP Medieval 3D Art Pino's armor pack

Users who are viewing this thread

To Yarrum,

I didn't know who created that texture, even if it was done for WB.
I took it on the web after a google search and kept only a rank of the texture then build the rest by myself.
Then, I think patterns aren't so good and I prefer to stretch layers rather applying texture to a full selection.
If there's copyright on that texture, no problem. Just don't use it and come back to confirm me. Anyway, I will try to contact Nertea to ask for permission.

To others,

I will publish today a new version of the pack. For that version, I concentrated on hauberks and surcoats, trying to work the texture for better realism. I built some kind of heraldic surcoats and will be gratefull fot your feedbacks.
I've got a sarranid pack under the hand but need to ask Europe1200 permission for use part of their fantastic almohades textures. Don't know if they will allow it to me.

Next step, I will wome back on ringed and plated armors for better renderings with different models.

++

NB : for screenshots, I have to play and didn't had time for that until now. Will try to make a run tonight.

Sounds nice so far,
but could you make some Screenshots and present them here too?

I don't like downloading things when i don't know how they look like.

pino69 said:
To Yarrum,

I didn't know who created that texture, even if it was done for WB.
I took it on the web after a google search and kept only a rank of the texture then build the rest by myself.
Then, I think patterns aren't so good and I prefer to stretch layers rather applying texture to a full selection.
If there's copyright on that texture, no problem. Just don't use it and come back to confirm me. Anyway, I will try to contact Nertea to ask for permission.
The scale armor texture was made by Nertea for his scale mail tutorial over on the3rdage.net. http://www.the3rdage.net/item-159?addview
scale-11.jpg
I'm sure if you send him a message, he'll allow you to use the texture as long as you credit him.

Hello,

I would like to take good screenshots of the armors.
But I don't see how to shoot player in full scale. I always have juste upper torso with the cam.
How can I play with the cam to have good angles to shoot from ?
Any idea ?

When you open the launcher go to configure, advanced and enable edit mode, then ingame press ctrl + e to get a free camera mode.

Few tips when in edit mode:
I think pressing "h" or "ctrl + h" hides the HUD.
If you also enable cheats, pressing ctrl + F11 pauses the game.

Thanks Molashkre,

I plan to go further on intermediate armors and to complete sarranid pack with something for the mamelukes.
Yet Khergit faction has to be treated but I've no idea how mongol army looked like before its rise in the middle 1200s. Any tips about it are welcome.
I've got a helmet pack too which goes along armor pack but it is a mismatch mix of other modders works and I have to identify each model/texture to ask permission before uploading.

So as you see, it's a work in progress...

To all,

Thanks for the replies. I'm glad the pack pleased you.
Speaking of mongols, the Rus XIII Century is the best reference for me. Models and textures are top notch. I asked the team permission to use part of them. But as the title said, it's XIII century...

Hello Guys,

I just released the volume 2 of Pino Armors Pack. Youcan download it here : http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2864.

As always, it's an OSP then free to use for your games and mods.
In that volume, you'll find a reworked set of peasant_man_armor, a new set of rough tunic armors (leather, rings and wool) and a banded leather set which is the result of recent work and that I find rather good.

I'll upload some screenshots later as I have yet to put new models in my mod and update itemkinds and troops...
I'll try a screenshot run this evening.

Best regards

Sapped,

No they are not exactly texture replacers, even if you could use some textures for that. Textures are linked to meshes in brf files. If you want to use them as replacers, rename the texture and copy it into texture folder of your mod.
I don't know if you could use them in multiplayer because I don't practive Warband multi. But I see no reason why you couldn't. But I don't know what you have to do to do it.
Materials are free so do not hesitate to use it for your games.

Best regards

Back
Top Bottom