Submod

Users who are viewing this thread

Ca_Putt

Recruit
Hi Guys I really like this mod but to be honest I think that mount and blade really needs is a historic 30 years war mod. as this is amung the closest mods(that is fun to play^^) I thought "BNL Eighty Years of War" be a good basis for such a mod. for now the mod is nomore than an Idea, some concepts and a modified troop file :grin:, which is why I don't officialy announce this mod but just ask for permission to use this mod as basis, should i get to release something in before I port to wFaS(silly acronym)that is.

In short, my mod is supposed to be about the chaos during the 30 years war, and feature(compared to BNL and wFaS) more, more unique dialogue and higher focus on looting as source of food and pay. plus altered recruitment and reworked troop trees. amung others It would be inspired by the famous "novel"s by H.J.Grimmelshausen btw.
As of now I don't have a modding team and am not actively recruiting, I'm merely gathering ideas and concepts. I actually know quite a bit about modding in general, am a good map designer and am somewhat experienced in modding M&B.

What I am thinking about now is the starting date as it determins the relevance and orientation of different factions and the general state of war. concerning this topic I am also interested in the opinion of people who apparently are interested in this period of history on when they think it would be most interesting to start the "campaign". my fist idea was to start with the war itself, but I soon recognised that that would actually make the game pretty boring with only imperial armies clubbing down Bohemian protestants. my current concept bases somewhere between 1632 and 1634, thus after Gustav adolfs and Wallensteins time, where maroding mercenaries were a common site.

so dear forumers, what do you think when should one ride out to conquer Calradia central Europe?

Back
Top Bottom