Scene creating and server hosting guides

Users who are viewing this thread

Altis said:
How to make people spawn with full health? I see no option to change that?
You most likely don't mean "spawn with full health", rather "spawn with the maximum possible extra health" when using the server option to enable extra health through food or healing. If you actually want to make people spawn with the normal full health like native, turn the server option off ("set_disallow_ranged_weapons 1").

The purpose for the server option was based on a feature request for a way to enable extra health for players that invest in their character during their lifetime. The only way to implement it with the module system was to adjust the maximum health percentage of everybody, then set their initial health back to the correct value, leaving space to enhance their character; I designed it with different initial health percentages (of the maximum possible) for each troop type, giving greater percentages for low tier troops (which are unlikely to have faction support with food, beds, or doctors) and medium percentages for high tier (combat) troops (which are likely to have faction support). The end result is that most combat focused troops start with the same hit points values as with the server option disabled, the very top tier troops (lord, etc.) start with slightly less than standard health, low tier troops start with more than standard health, and the very lowest tier troops (peasant, serf) start with the full extra heath gifted. This feature was also included as a way to discourage committing suicide or asking to be killed to respawn with full health, then regather armor and weapons from the corpse, or even the practice of repeatedly charging into battle with spawn weapons, which were annoying problems: with the "enable extra health" feature, players are less likely to carelessly kill off a character they have invested food and time or doctoring into.

Of course, after the module system was released, eventually some stupid server hosters decided to change the code to gift the maximum possible health to everybody, ruining most of the point of the feature; similar to various other idiotic or short sighted changes which break parts of the game balance or design.

Vornne said:
Altis said:
How to make people spawn with full health? I see no option to change that?
You most likely don't mean "spawn with full health", rather "spawn with the maximum possible extra health" when using the server option to enable extra health through food or healing. If you actually want to make people spawn with the normal full health like native, turn the server option off ("set_disallow_ranged_weapons 1").

The purpose for the server option was based on a feature request for a way to enable extra health for players that invest in their character during their lifetime. The only way to implement it with the module system was to adjust the maximum health percentage of everybody, then set their initial health back to the correct value, leaving space to enhance their character; I designed it with different initial health percentages (of the maximum possible) for each troop type, giving greater percentages for low tier troops (which are unlikely to have faction support with food, beds, or doctors) and medium percentages for high tier (combat) troops (which are likely to have faction support). The end result is that most combat focused troops start with the same hit points values as with the server option disabled, the very top tier troops (lord, etc.) start with slightly less than standard health, low tier troops start with more than standard health, and the very lowest tier troops (peasant, serf) start with the full extra heath gifted. This feature was also included as a way to discourage committing suicide or asking to be killed to respawn with full health, then regather armor and weapons from the corpse, or even the practice of repeatedly charging into battle with spawn weapons, which were annoying problems: with the "enable extra health" feature, players are less likely to carelessly kill off a character they have invested food and time or doctoring into.

Of course, after the module system was released, eventually some stupid server hosters decided to change the code to gift the maximum possible health to everybody, ruining most of the point of the feature; similar to various other idiotic or short sighted changes which break parts of the game balance or design.
Ah Thanks for the Help man! Appreciate it!

Hey, just started making my own PW map and I'm really enjoying it so far, I just have one question on my mind.  I've tried searching for an answer but I really can't find one.  How do you place banks while creating a scene?  There is no particular item I've found which allows you to place a bank area, I don't understand how to do it.  Any help would be great thanks.

Banks are not directly implemented into the mod. They can only be activated by using server-side scripts. Most servers use "spr_pw_invisible_item_chest" to activate the script, so you can use that one.

The Bowman said:
Banks are not directly implemented into them mod. They can only be activated by using server-side scripts. Most servers use "spr_pw_invisible_item_chest" to activate the script, so you can use that one.

Ah, so you just place that invisible chest in the position you want players to access a bank, then it works properly when the map is used on a working server with scrips enabled?

Yes, server scripts (at least up to now) use the invisible item chest to create a bank, because it's invisible and usable.
With 4.5 Vornne has also added some usable props for scripts (like 5 of them). However, the invisible item chest is like never used anyway, so whether servers will actually switch to these props is unknown.

Maps don't use them because they don't work how they're designed to. I had to convert several maps back when Nexus first started doing that kind of stuff, and it's unfortunate because the invisible chest can be used for many creative storage things.

Osviux said:
Why doesn't the fog work when I launch the map on a dedicated server, but when I'm editing the fog works fine -_-
That fog is a very old M&B edit mode feature just for testing: it does not actually apply fog to the scene. You need to use either the pw_scene_cloud_haze scene prop which uses the older set_global_cloud_amount and set_global_haze_amount operations, or use the new pw_scene_fog prop introduced in PW 4.5 with the weather system, which allows more control of the intensity and color. Press F2 in PW edit scene mode for instructions.

Hello, i have a problem with a map i created and i hope you could help me how to fix it.

The problem is when i get on the map on PW 4.5 i have like no sounds in game, i can't hear when i'm swinging my sword, my horse riding, buying sounds , etc ...
(i can only hear the fire burning, my character jumping and the grunts when i'm punching the wind)

Map is called : The Third Age on moddb

I dont know what causes those missing sounds.  :sad:

The map was started on PW 4.4 and finished on PW 4.5, i'm not sure this could cause the issue since the sounds used should be the same.
Does the fact that there are interiors rooms and tunnels outside the map might cause this ?

Please if anyone has any ideas how to fix it.
I hope i dont have to remake the entire map  :cry:
(cause it's really big, like it got so many props i think i reach the maximum amount of props, if i added anymore props the game crashed when i wanted to save)

Cordially,

Grumpy

Iam making a PW 4.5 Map but I want work on bigger scene how to make it bigger? I use the size of Game Of Thrones scene but I want to make the scene bigger?

Grumpy said:
The problem is when i get on the map on PW 4.5 i have like no sounds in game, i can't hear when i'm swinging my sword, my horse riding, buying sounds , etc ...
(i can only hear the fire burning, my character jumping and the grunts when i'm punching the wind)
protato said:
Too many fire props
To be more precise: too many scene props that emit a sound (fires are the most common type). A limitation of an updated sound system for Warband MP (about version 1.160 IIRC) is that once all the available sound channels are used up, other sounds are not played.
Emirso2 said:
Iam making a PW 4.5 Map but I want work on bigger scene how to make it bigger? I use the size of Game Of Thrones scene but I want to make the scene bigger?
You can't make a scene bigger than the maximum commonly used for PW scenes, and you can't edit the size once you have started placing things: see the first post of this thread.

Your scene file should be named "scene_#.sco", where # represents a number between 1 and 14. Let's say your map name is "scene_5.sco", for example. You would open the "PW_4.5/strings.txt" file and search for "str_scene_name_5 Blank_Scene_5". Then you simply change the "Blank_Scene_5" to your desired map name, e.g "Blackrock_Mountain_v4". You can of course rename the map file if you wish to use a different slot.

Hello. I have another question. So, I messed up on my map, and I didnt use the max scene generator. Is there a way to move everything that I want in 1 click, or do I have to control click every item that I want, then move it?

I know it is a weird question, but It is really time consuming...

Thanks

~Milky

Hello. I have another question.

So, I made another map for a new PW Event Server that is coming up, and I used to larger generated scene terrain. But when I host my own server in the Local Area Network, for some reason it spawns me somewhere completely random. Anyways to fix it and keep the way the map looks in scene editing?

Thanks  :grin:

Back
Top Bottom