USA 10-10 Belgium & Netherlands (Stage 2, Group C) Deadline: 30/04/2011

Users who are viewing this thread

Morii said:
Well, excuse me for coming from a small country that spans only one timezone. I didn't really 'forget' about your west coast players, but as I also have made clear before in our discussions; they are just not my concern. It was your choice to allow in your team people who have sucky ping even on your own New York server. 18 GMT is what? 11 o clock in the morning at the earliest for your team and 14:00 at the latest? I fail to see how thats undoable on a sunday. If my team were to bend over backwards to arrange a time for those few players that can barely play on your own homeserver, now that truly would be tyranny of the minority.

So, you offered a time, I offered a time, its your turn again..

Also, the reason why 90% of my team can't make it at your time is because they are either young and have to go to bed, got school early the next morning, or have work the next morning. I'd like to know why the majority of your team can't make it on the time offered by me, as I don't yet see how 11-14:00 on a sunday could be such a problem, unless you're hibernating. :wink:

Agreeing on a good time for our players is not your concern, yet you expect us to acquiesce to a good time for yours?

I don't really appreciate being blasted us for having a player or two on the west coast, the only REASON we *moved* our server to the east coast was out of consideration for you Euro teams and trying to do our best to accommodate and play fairly with you guys. Now, however, it seems to have been made clear that instead of gratitude, we get scorn and the "tyranny of the minority" phrase thrown at us once again.

Gratitude? This tournament started out as a tournament only to be played on european servers, an ENORMOUS favor was done to your team by eventually excluding you from that rule. It's not me who's supposed to be grateful. And that's the last thing I will say here on that matter.

To the matter at hand, you gave us the choice between the PRT server and TMW server. It seems that the TMW server would be much better for team BeNe with a difference of at least 20 in ping, if still available we would like to play there, ty again for allowing us to choose.

It seems now more likely a dutch server will be available, please check the server called Den_Hollandschen_Glory (it should be up) and see how you like it ping-wise. It should be better for you than the german server, not sure if it would be better than the french one.

Morii said:
Gratitude? This tournament started out as a tournament only to be played on european servers, an ENORMOUS favor was done to your team by eventually excluding you from that rule. It's not me who's supposed to be grateful. And that's the last thing I will say here on that matter.

To the matter at hand, you gave us the choice between the PRT server and TMW server. It seems that the TMW server would be much better for team BeNe with a difference of at least 20 in ping, if still available we would like to play there, ty again for allowing us to choose.

It seems now more likely a dutch server will be available, please check the server called Den_Hollandschen_Glory (it should be up) and see how you like it ping-wise. It should be better for you than the german server, not sure if it would be better than the french one.

Testing passworded servers is difficult to do. Let us know when the password is lifted, or feel free to PM X or I with the password so we may actually be allowed to test it.

I look forward to our match greatly and with much anticipation.

A pm with password was already sent to X right after my post about that server. I'll send you one too so you don't have to wait for X.

Sorry for the double post, but (from the Request a Referee-thread):

BlackTide said:
Morii said:
Match: USA v BeNe
Date: 01-05-2011
time: 19 GMT
Servers: (USA) TMW_DM_NYm, (BeNe) Den_Hollandschen_Glory/IG_Training/CoR_Courtyard (depending on availability and which server team USA would like to play on, tba)
Half of the match will be 'un-refable' due to the fact that TMW_DM_NY is a 16 slot server and both sides have to pitch a minimum of 8vs8 therefore maxing it out and not allowing a ref to get in.
Morii said:
Ah crap I didn't notice that! I prefer to play with a ref all 20 rounds of every game, in this case however the difference of around 20 in ping with other USA-available servers makes it necessary for me to conclude I'd still want to play on that server, even without a ref, for those 10 rounds. The americans have the last say in this though, since everyone has the right to demand a ref. But since this was one of their suggestions server-wise, I doubt they'll have a problem with it?

Mr.X said:
We've never had problems where we need a ref, and we've used TMW several times, so I'm fine with not using a ref if BeNe is. I would just ask that someone on BeNe checks the settings while I set them up just in case, and mention anything thats incorrect before we start.

Morii said:
Sounds good. Did you check Den_Hollandschen_Glory?

I'm sitting @ 173 in the server you're offering.

That doesn't seem to be very playable.

I think we should explore other options.

Perhaps the UK or French server?

Am I correct in assuming IG Training is located in the same place as IG Battlegrounds?

Thought Den_Hollandschen_Glory would have been better for you guys, but seems I was mistaken. I think then that playing on IG_training would be best, afaik it proved to be more reliable regarding faulty timer bugs and is in general a reliable server. Like Willy said, its basically a twin server to IG_Battlegrounds.

Also, Willy, would you like to ref this match? Or at least the rounds played on the euro-server?

EDIT: Also, could team USA please confirm that we'll play 5-5-5-5 in rounds, switching servers with each set of 5 rounds? We should then also discuss which spawns we'll use with homeservers etc.

Yes Morii , I can ref it
5 ,5,5,5  or 5,10,5 are the most fair way to do it

Regarding  to spawn in the map change, I planned  to put a fixed rule, but then  nothing happened due some disagreement . so each referee has his own method , fair in any case.  I personally Always used this method , because I think its the most fair , since  2nd team spawns are always advantaged in almost all maps  :

USA vs BeNe

Map 1: Ruined Fort - Nords vs Sarranids
Map 2: Nord Town - Rhodoks vs Vaegirs

Map 1  We start in USA home , so USA start With the 1st faction(upper team )  , in this case Nords .
Map 2 We start in BeNe home , so BeNe start with the 1st(upper team) faction , in this case Rhodocks

Thanks for reffing Willy,

Lord Willy said:
USA vs BeNe

Map 1  We start in USA home , so USA start With the 1st faction(upper team )  , in this case Nords .
Map 2 We start in BeNe home , so BeNe start with the 1st(upper team) faction , in this case Rhodocks

Looks alright to me.

Morii said:
EDIT: Also, could team USA please confirm that we'll play 5-5-5-5 in rounds, switching servers with each set of 5 rounds? We should then also discuss which spawns we'll use with homeservers etc.

Confirmed, 5 5 5 5.

I  indeed suggest 5-10-5  , because like this each team start  the first 5 rounds of one  map  in its own server , instead of starting both maps with ping  disvantage.

But 5,5,5,5 is ok as well .

Hmm, well I don't think it should matter too much. Both 5-10-5 (in the way Willy suggested it) and 5-5-5-5 (as below) are fine to team BeNe.
So;

USA vs BeNe, 1st of May, 17 GMT

Map 1 
(first 5) We start at USA home, so USA starts with the 1st faction (upper team), in this case Nords.
(second 5) Played on BeNe home, BeNe plays nords

Map 2
(first 5) We start at USA home, so USA starts with the upper team, in this case Rhodoks
(second 5) Played on BeNe home, BeNe plays Rhodoks

Please confirm  :wink:

Morii said:
Hmm, well I don't think it should matter too much. Both 5-10-5 (in the way Willy suggested it) and 5-5-5-5 (as below) are fine to team BeNe.
So;

USA vs BeNe, 1st of May, 17 GMT

Map 1 
(first 5) We start at USA home, so USA starts with the 1st faction (upper team), in this case Nords.
(second 5) Played on BeNe home, BeNe plays nords

Map 2
(first 5) We start at USA home, so USA starts with the upper team, in this case Rhodoks
(second 5) Played on BeNe home, BeNe plays Rhodoks

Please confirm  :wink:

Thats fine.

Back
Top Bottom