Author Topic: 1866 - v0.9.1  (Read 190956 times)

Honved

• Knight
  • Steel-tipped death at 100m
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Khergit
Re: 1866 - v0.9.1
« Reply #195 on: December 05, 2016, 03:39:06 PM »
I noticed that the Native American cavalry are particularly devastating, followed closely by Confederates, followed by Mexican and Union troops, with various Bandits and Commoners below that, and Looters firmly at the bottom of the feeding chain.  I've seen an army of 60+ Union soldiers wiped out by an Apache group of 25, and Confederates defeat twice their numbers of veteran Union troops.  In my currently on-hold game (which I may or may not ever get back to), the Apaches are at war with both the US and Mexico, and quickly took more than 50% of BOTH of their forts.  The entire US and Mexican armies are essentially wiped out, making occasional forays with less than 100 men against Apache armies of 150+ and getting exterminated again and again without even putting a dent in the opponents, and it's only the large garrisons that are saving the cities so far.  I tried getting involved in the defense of one fort: the 130 defenders and my 15-20 guys against 750+ Apaches (I thought the number said "150", not "750"), and then it was reload time.....again.

With yet another restart, and some rather gamey reloads to avoid getting sandwiched between forces I can't outrun or even remotely hope to fight, I managed to gather 10 Companions, and now have a group that can take on a 50% larger group of Bandits, or put up an even fight against Deserter units.  I can usually beat a Confederate unit, but my character is often the only one still standing at the end, and it's a guaranteed loss if my character goes down to a stray bullet.  I STILL can't take on a group of Indians that's 2/3 my size.  I'd say that balance is an issue; the mod is really great otherwise.

The mod is available from the Nexus website, where a bunch of M&B mods were uploaded when the repository dropped them.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 03:42:24 PM by Honved »

ZemplinTemplar

• Sergeant
  • Jolly raubritter and Marshal of blood and guts
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • WBNWVCWF&S
« Reply #196 on: December 06, 2016, 03:28:34 PM »
The mod is available from the Nexus website, where a bunch of M&B mods were uploaded when the repository dropped them.

I don't visit the forum that often, so I'm not always up to date with what's going on in the M&B community. I was saddened to find out a few days ago that the M&B Repository is being phased out. A pity, I've learned to like that site. If Enriador's claim about v0.9.1 is true (and I'm not sure about it), then I'll probably avoid downloading stuff from the Repository from now on. A rather sad fate if the poor site's been hacked by someone after the move to other mod download services.

Anyway, as long as Repository crew have long since moved all the contents over to the M&B Nexus, I'm all right with that. The only thing is that I can find addons on reliable, secure sites, and find as many released addons for modding or completed mods as possible. It's always a shame when good modding from past years get thrown away and you can't find it anymore, so I hope they've put up an effort to ensure they preserve as much existing material as possible.

Kaal979

• Regular
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
  • WBNWVCWF&S
« Reply #197 on: February 11, 2018, 04:59:18 PM »
SILENCE! Ahem i mean in the mods battles no single indian lets
hear his actually typical warcrying - room for improvement?

Captured Joe

• Marquis
  • The Volunteer Army marches again...
    • Steam - captured_joe
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
  • MP nick: CapturedJoe
« Reply #198 on: February 11, 2018, 05:32:31 PM »
No more updates for this mod. Ever.
Captured Joe is my worst fear
You could say that he finds hungarian tanks riveting.

AD1978

• Recruit
    • View Profile
Crash after taking big towns
« Reply #199 on: April 03, 2018, 02:45:55 AM »
After playing endless hours this superb mod crashing on dekstop after taking big city, its said hackstashb963 what the hell is that and how to fix it?
First taking the bishop lodge and my army continue fighting with one invisible mexican warrior cannot see except them and next crashing on the desktop!

ANY SOLUTION FOR THIS BUG?

Honved

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 19, 2018, 04:44:03 PM »
The mod is long abandoned, so there's no support, no further patches, and just whatever advice you happen to get from former players who accidentally spot your post.  I assume the "hackstash963" is a placeholder bit of text or an error message, but it's meaningless without inside info that probably only the mod maker has (or had, and has long since deleted it).

Tatang

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sarranid
« Reply #201 on: December 15, 2018, 08:09:13 AM »
Too bad this awesome mod abandoned. Almost 2019 and this's still one of my favorite mod.

Easter Cow

• Animated Queen of your Heart
  • Duke
  • Moo?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
  • MP nick: Cow
  • WBNW
« Reply #202 on: December 20, 2018, 07:00:43 PM »
Same here rip.
[/table

Honved

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 27, 2018, 09:36:11 PM »
It was one of my top 5 M&B mods, but now I can't play original M&B at all on my new system.  The game doesn't appear, yet Task Manager says it's still running.  Apparently a lot of people have the same issue with it, but no solution.  I really don't care for Warband, and the mods are mostly a letdown compared to this, TLD, SW:Conquest, and a couple of more historical mods.

Captured Joe

• Marquis
  • The Volunteer Army marches again...
    • Steam - captured_joe
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: CapturedJoe
« Reply #204 on: December 28, 2018, 07:20:40 PM »
Have you tried running M&B on compatibility mode?
Captured Joe is my worst fear
You could say that he finds hungarian tanks riveting.