1866 - v0.9.1

Users who are viewing this thread

Goode dear Lorde in heaven, forgive me, for I have committed a deep and regrettable sin.

Captured Joe said:
Sounds like this is a problem for the multiplayer version: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,120665.0.html

Sorsa said:
Hey guys sorry for this kind of ' spam ' but i've been mouthwatering over this mod for days and i have a problem :

The problem: First of all, sorry for my bad english - im finnish

What is the problem? - Okay, so first i try to download the setup and it says ''
1866 0.9.1.2218 Setup
Mount&Blade installation directory could not be determined from Registry or Steam game data! You should make absolutely sure the installation path is correct when asked. ''
Then i click OK ( I do have M&B 1.011 installed ) and it says ''
1866 0.9.1.2218 Setup
This mod was created for version 1.011 of Mount&Blade while you appear to have M&B version 0.808 installed. You should make sure your version of M&B is the one which this mod was created for, or it will almost certainly not work. Do you want to continue the installation anyway? '' And i click OK again
Then the setup wizard appears normally and i select destination folder. : C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount and Blade\Modules\1866\
Then i let it install the mod to the folder.
After it finishes i go to mount&blade and in the current module box, theres only native. ( Yes i clicked the downwards arrow and theres nothing else but native D: )
How did it happen? - I think I just writed it all ^
Where were you? - I didn't even get to the epic mod D:
What were you doing - Just trying to istall the aweaweawesome mod :grin:
Any other important details? - I don't think so. Hope i remembered to write it all.

My computer: ( Prepare, its a bad computer :grin: )
Operating System - Windows 7
CPU - Intel Core i3
Total Memory - 900 Gt
Video Card - nVidia GeForce 405

Try extracting all the files into some empty folder, then cutting/copy-pasting the "1866" folder into your Mount and Blade > Modules folder.

Jesus christ this mod is so infuriating.

I get just randomly dying, it's annoying as crap and would normally break a game, but I get it. There's bullets flying everywhere and you can't exactly do much about that as devs. Although maybe, just MAYBE, it would have been a great idea to have made trees and rocks spawn on maps more frequently so we could take cover? Maybe?

Might have been something your asses could have thought up?

No?

**** you then.

And in what mind did it seem like a good idea to have the Confederates running around as renegades and never letting us actually PLAY as their faction? **** WHY?

I don't mean you should have had an entirely separate faction for the confederacy just let us have the confederate "culture". I can conquer the map as a ****ing random ass gang or lawmen but confederates in 1866? NAH.

Why? Why? ****ing why? WHY? WHYYYY?

WHY THE **** WOULD YOU NOT INCLUDE THAT AS AN OPTION? I bust my ass trying to please these dixie loving sons of *****es and herding scalphunters and deserters to where the rebels spawn so I can jump into battles with them just so I can recruit their asses when I finally get their relation high enough and conquer some random hotel just so I can change my culture and low and behold DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK.

GIANT ****ING WEINER

Just a bunch of ****ing gay ass crap I don't even care about.

This **** might as well be gay for dicks.

I mean seriously, why the **** would you let me be some ****ty crap ass gang ****ing up the USA but a revived confederacy in the west?

"**** you", that's what you think of that "let's just have a bunch of random grey uniformed ****s running around this part of the map, that'll do it".

**** you, I was really looking forward to it, prepped the area around Buena Fortuna, everyone ****ing loves me there they'd straight up suck my **** if I asked and I finally get a Hotel and what happens?

No Confederate Culture

No former confederate volunteers lining up to my recruitment table just 8 gamblers fondling their cards in a suggestive manner.

Oh and a random ass 400 strong US army attacking me even though I have 23 positive relation because reasons.

And in the following siege I unload a full magazine into some pissant US recruit just to get shot by the turd because I was looking down at him and some ****ing invisible wall only stops bullets one way.

And of course the **** one shots me

And of course it's my last life

And of course the AI pats itself on the back and says it wins the next few battles because **** if Pardox would ever make an autocalc that made any ****ing sense.

This is only slightly better than the ****s I had to get shot to **** by in the previous battle where the enemies path finding was so **** 12 of their guys got stuck on a wall outside and of course we had to go fish them out but wouldn't you know it's a blind corner so I think you can figure out what happens when a bunch of ****s come marching out of a town single file into the arms of 12 angry riflemen.

They DIE

They all DIE

Mystery solved, they all die.

Jesus Christ I've never rage quit on a game as many times as I have on this mod.

Still 9/10, would play again.

Just seriously need to put in the confederates as a culture and fix that stupid holdover **** from M&B classic where the factions just declare war on you because you own land without a king. That's ****, it's ****ing gay ass **** and whoever it was on the original M&B team that thought that was a great idea was a ****.

SoD did that **** right tbh, wish you guys had copied them.

Of course that said **** and **** is going to happen since you're not actually developing it anymore, but meh.

You forgot one most important thing:
This mod was a Free work dedicated to the whole m&b comunity.
Nobody Forced you to play it.
Developers made such a great work giving us an enjoyable and historically documenedt mod.
Good thing that not all players are so bad behaved like you otherwise I seriously doubt that any other Modder would ever spend ANY time on modding anymore!
And change your dirty language. Who do you think you are to be allowed to have such a lack of respect for people that made a mod and gave you a GIFT and completely for free?
First of all you have to thank the Developers for the worlk that they did.
Secondly,  go over your history books and you will find out that there were NO Confederate Factions in 1866. War ended in 1865. So those around were Outlaws with an uniform. Just as devs did in the mod.
Thirdly I can see that you did not go through military life or you d know that a modern gun would Kill you instantly,  even from far, even in 1860s
The Comunity will apreciate if you will humbly excuse your Self and change your dirty behaviour.
PS I m a Modder myself and I owe a lot to 1866 devs, that help ed me out in making my 1860s mod on Warband.
That is why your dirty and nasty comment really made me MAD !!
Trumpsydaisy said:
Jesus christ this mod is so infuriating.

I get just randomly dying, it's annoying as crap and would normally break a game, but I get it. There's bullets flying everywhere and you can't exactly do much about that as devs. Although maybe, just MAYBE, it would have been a great idea to have made trees and rocks spawn on maps more frequently so we could take cover? Maybe?

Might have been something your asses could have thought up?

No?

**** you then.

And in what mind did it seem like a good idea to have the Confederates running around as renegades and never letting us actually PLAY as their faction? **** WHY?

I don't mean you should have had an entirely separate faction for the confederacy just let us have the confederate "culture". I can conquer the map as a **** random ass gang or lawmen but confederates in 1866? NAH.

Why? Why? **** why? WHY? WHYYYY?

WHY THE **** WOULD YOU NOT INCLUDE THAT AS AN OPTION? I bust my ass trying to please these dixie loving sons of *****es and herding scalphunters and deserters to where the rebels spawn so I can jump into battles with them just so I can recruit their asses when I finally get their relation high enough and conquer some random hotel just so I can change my culture and low and behold DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK.

GIANT **** WEINER

Just a bunch of **** gay ass crap I don't even care about.

This **** might as well be gay for dicks.

I mean seriously, why the **** would you let me be some **** crap ass gang **** up the USA but a revived confederacy in the west?

"**** you", that's what you think of that "let's just have a bunch of random grey uniformed ****s running around this part of the map, that'll do it".

**** you, I was really looking forward to it, prepped the area around Buena Fortuna, everyone **** loves me there they'd straight up suck my **** if I asked and I finally get a Hotel and what happens?

No Confederate Culture

No former confederate volunteers lining up to my recruitment table just 8 gamblers fondling their cards in a suggestive manner.

Oh and a random ass 400 strong US army attacking me even though I have 23 positive relation because reasons.

And in the following siege I unload a full magazine into some pissant US recruit just to get shot by the turd because I was looking down at him and some **** invisible wall only stops bullets one way.

And of course the **** one shots me

And of course it's my last life

And of course the AI pats itself on the back and says it wins the next few battles because **** if Pardox would ever make an autocalc that made any **** sense.

This is only slightly better than the ****s I had to get shot to **** by in the previous battle where the enemies path finding was so **** 12 of their guys got stuck on a wall outside and of course we had to go fish them out but wouldn't you know it's a blind corner so I think you can figure out what happens when a bunch of ****s come marching out of a town single file into the arms of 12 angry riflemen.

They DIE

They all DIE

Mystery solved, they all die.

Jesus Christ I've never rage quit on a game as many times as I have on this mod.

Still 9/10, would play again.

Just seriously need to put in the confederates as a culture and fix that stupid holdover **** from M&B classic where the factions just declare war on you because you own land without a king. That's ****, it's **** gay ass **** and whoever it was on the original M&B team that thought that was a great idea was a ****.

SoD did that **** right tbh, wish you guys had copied them.

Of course that said **** and **** is going to happen since you're not actually developing it anymore, but meh.

Fuhreer said:
Cómo se descarga?

Es para el Warband?

Hay algún vídeo dónde se muestre cómo es el mod?
Compruebe la primera página de este hilo.
No, pero puede portarlo usted mismo. No será perfecto. https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,321417.0.html
Sí, en este hilo aquí. https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,163542.0.html

Tenga en cuenta que he utilizado Google Translate.

While I consider Trumpsydaisy's post to be rude, crude, absolutely failing to appreciate the amount of time and effort that went into this and many other mods for MB, as well as acting in a juvenile manner, he does raise a few valid points.

The starting difficulty is pretty rough unless you pick some very specific backgrounds, or get lucky.  I found my starting character surrounded by 4 different groups of well-armed marauders, Confederates, and other hostiles, with low skills and a mediocre pistol against a minimum of 8 opponents (17 in the next best case) in order to get past them all.  In essence, after 3 very short tries, I gave up and started over, without ever having made it to a town.

That try went marginally better, and after around 3 fights against weak gangs of 3-4 looters, I had enough cash for a slightly better gun, and some cash toward hopefully buying a horse.  That's when my character again found himself surrounded by multiple gangs, mostly Confederates in groups of 17-20, armed mainly with rifles.  One larger gang of 23 Confederates wiped out the force of around 40+ Union troops which I was trying to follow for safety, and then began chasing me.  After being pinned between them and 2 more groups of Confederates,  I lost most of my stuff, which basically left me in about the same shape as where I started.  It went downhill fast from there.

A couple of tries later, I got a break with looting a pricey piece of gear (ammo, which I couldn't use due to the high "stockpiling" requirement), and used the proceeds of that and my remaining funds to hire a handful of mercenaries in a tavern, who were all slaughtered in the first minor fight against fairly weak opponents....not that I could have afforded to keep them for more than another week if they had survived.  The pay rates make it all but impossible to field more than a handful of men, if even that.  The game looked impressive, and the effort put into it had to be a labor of love, but balance is WAAAAAAY off.  It seems to depend on the player being able to dispatch 10+ adversaries without ever taking a hit, which is virtually impossible against a force with a couple of rifles when you can't find any cover.  Are you SUPPOSED to lose 10-20 fights before you have enough experience to actually start winning?

Sadly, I had to give up on it.

Odd. I don't consider the starting portion of the mod to be particularly difficult.

I usually play a native character, and deliberately give him one of the most underpowered backgrounds available (starting gear includes a ragged uniform and warpaint/traditional dress, Springfield infantry-only musket and a donkey - i.e. generally weak stuff). I still manage to improve my inventory fairly quickly. One just has to avoid larger and better equipped groups of deserters for a little while at the start, then it gets progressively easier. Like in vanilla M&B, I've never gotten caught in an outright no-win situation at the beginning.

Enriador said:
The .exe has a virus  :evil:

Seriously ?! Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Where did you download the mod from ? Don't tell me the M&B Repository has become overrun with viruses.

I have the previous version of the mod installed and no issues. Haven't tried this later version.

I noticed that the Native American cavalry are particularly devastating, followed closely by Confederates, followed by Mexican and Union troops, with various Bandits and Commoners below that, and Looters firmly at the bottom of the feeding chain.  I've seen an army of 60+ Union soldiers wiped out by an Apache group of 25, and Confederates defeat twice their numbers of veteran Union troops.  In my currently on-hold game (which I may or may not ever get back to), the Apaches are at war with both the US and Mexico, and quickly took more than 50% of BOTH of their forts.  The entire US and Mexican armies are essentially wiped out, making occasional forays with less than 100 men against Apache armies of 150+ and getting exterminated again and again without even putting a dent in the opponents, and it's only the large garrisons that are saving the cities so far.  I tried getting involved in the defense of one fort: the 130 defenders and my 15-20 guys against 750+ Apaches (I thought the number said "150", not "750"), and then it was reload time.....again.

With yet another restart, and some rather gamey reloads to avoid getting sandwiched between forces I can't outrun or even remotely hope to fight, I managed to gather 10 Companions, and now have a group that can take on a 50% larger group of Bandits, or put up an even fight against Deserter units.  I can usually beat a Confederate unit, but my character is often the only one still standing at the end, and it's a guaranteed loss if my character goes down to a stray bullet.  I STILL can't take on a group of Indians that's 2/3 my size.  I'd say that balance is an issue; the mod is really great otherwise.

The mod is available from the Nexus website, where a bunch of M&B mods were uploaded when the repository dropped them.

Honved said:
The mod is available from the Nexus website, where a bunch of M&B mods were uploaded when the repository dropped them.

I don't visit the forum that often, so I'm not always up to date with what's going on in the M&B community. I was saddened to find out a few days ago that the M&B Repository is being phased out. A pity, I've learned to like that site. If Enriador's claim about v0.9.1 is true (and I'm not sure about it), then I'll probably avoid downloading stuff from the Repository from now on. A rather sad fate if the poor site's been hacked by someone after the move to other mod download services.

Anyway, as long as Repository crew have long since moved all the contents over to the M&B Nexus, I'm all right with that. The only thing is that I can find addons on reliable, secure sites, and find as many released addons for modding or completed mods as possible. It's always a shame when good modding from past years get thrown away and you can't find it anymore, so I hope they've put up an effort to ensure they preserve as much existing material as possible.

SILENCE! Ahem i mean in the mods battles no single indian lets
hear his actually typical warcrying - room for improvement?

After playing endless hours this superb mod crashing on dekstop after taking big city, its said hackstashb963 what the hell is that and how to fix it?
First taking the bishop lodge and my army continue fighting with one invisible mexican warrior cannot see except them and next crashing on the desktop!

ANY SOLUTION FOR THIS BUG?

The mod is long abandoned, so there's no support, no further patches, and just whatever advice you happen to get from former players who accidentally spot your post.  I assume the "hackstash963" is a placeholder bit of text or an error message, but it's meaningless without inside info that probably only the mod maker has (or had, and has long since deleted it).

Back
Top Bottom