1866 - Bug Reports (v0.9.1 only)

Users who are viewing this thread

Banastre said:
Music doesn't work.
Digital Donut said:
Actually It does, you just have to close and restart the game. I have the same problem, I start up 1866 and music doesn't play for anything, then I close the program and restart and it works just fine.

If you are starting M&B via taskbar icon, try a desktop shortcut instead  :wink:

Here's a couple REALLY MINOR glitches/bugs that don't really need fixin', but:
  • The Single Indian Feather Transparency masks out the water. (In other words, if you look at the water through the indian feather, the water there disappears)
  • Grail the comanchero still says that he pays a dollar for each prisoner. (When he usually pays more or less)
This  one may be my own fault ( I censored the text files, didn't like all the swearing, might've messed something up, but it happens in the Stars Wars Module too, so...),
  • The menu that pops up when retreating after being KOed displays the wrong message at the top. (I've had it display "USA" before)

Hi everyone!
I dlded this today, and wanted to try it for the first time, but on the very first loading screen (loading the game), i got "unable to open file : CommonRes\costumes_a.brf"
So i could not even launch the game at all...
thanks

* Notice: I've reinstalled warband this week and every other mods work fine

Brubar said:
Hi everyone!
I dlded this today, and wanted to try it for the first time, but on the very first loading screen (loading the game), i got "unable to open file : CommonRes\costumes_a.brf"
So i could not even launch the game at all...
thanks

* Notice: I've reinstalled warband this week and every other mods work fine
This mod is for Mount & Blade Version 1.011 and not for Mount and Blade Warbands.

Companions seem to ignore the stockpile skill restrictions - it's possible to equip them with ammunition they shouldn't be able to handle.

1866 gets better and better! - You guys are doing awesome, much appreciated work!
Thank you.
Just had to state that.

cheers!

Ym edit :  stockpiling is a leader skill, so this depends on the players skill level.

First of all, once again, great mod. I am officially addicted. One possible bug:

I have yet to witness a conquest. After more than six hours of solid gaming (many restarts as I try new character concepts) there have been up to twenty sieges but they never go anywhere. The aggressors just hang around a while before leaving. This maybe just coincidence or perhaps it is supported to be this way so the Mexicans don't conquer the US or something but I am dying to participate in a pitched battle.

The Indian villages are full of westerners.

Love your art mate, because that's what this game is. A work of art. Love the humour, love the culture, love everything about this exceptional mod. Just so you know, I actually bought the original mount and blade just so I could play this. Excellent work. 

The quest "Billy Barrets casket" doesn't seem to work properly. I get to the stage where I have to get a substitute body. But nothing happens once I kill an outlaw. The sherif just keeps telling me that there is a bounty poster at the edge of town.

Ajeb said:
The quest "Billy Barrets casket" doesn't seem to work properly. I get to the stage where I have to get a substitute body. But nothing happens once I kill an outlaw. The sherif just keeps telling me that there is a bounty poster at the edge of town.
You're right,I got stuck in the same position,but the quest can be solved,just choose the other option while talking to sheriff,pay him about 2 dollars and that's it!Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like they tried to connect that quest with Cleaning up Cottonwood quest and capturing Remington Robert which is not finished yet!   

Bombers, as far as i've check them out, they just wont do anything with TNT.
Before they used to be pretty smart at throwing explosives, sometimes injuring themselves LOL
but now they don't.

The problem:

What is the problem?
Killing a NPC inside Cottonwood Hotel while initiating dialogue with them will result in a crash to desktop when the menu try to change back to the NPC actor the next time.

How did it happen?
I picked up the shotgun, aimed at the NPCs head and pressed 'f' to initiate dialogue with it. The shotty went off and the NPC died. I continued the dialogue and the game crashed when it came time to switch menues.

Where were you?
Cottonwood Hotel.

What were you doing?
Fiddling with the shotgun.

Any other important details?
I killed Rogers!

My computer:

Operating System - Vista 64 Home
    CPU - Core2 Duo 3.2~GHz
    Total Memory - 4GB
    Video Card - Radeon 4850 1GB

What is the problem?
OPCode errors.

How did it happen?
When I enter either hunt mission. Both Deer and Buffalo.

Where were you?
Hunting scene.

What were you doing?
Pressed the button to initiate the scene for the hunt. OPCode error spam starts.

Any other important details?
Earlier when I entered the hunts (before OPCode errors, see below.) there would regularly be one of the animals "leading" the pack, running ahead of the main pack. That animal does not spawn any longer.

Had no errors in the beginning of the save. From memory I would say that the errors cropped up either; after I became a mercenary for the USA, after I purchased the house in El Paso or after I purchased my first bank bonds (which are all stored in the chest inside the house).

Here is also a screenshot:
mb1lv.jpg

can some one tell me if the modder is going to make for war too? besides that i love this mod hours of pure fun

When I want to hunt this appears.. and no deers or buffalo's.
That dude backstrom updated the pics for my error.. I have the same problem..  That appears when I try to hunt..
[http://pichut.eu/x/mb2.png] - The link.

sorry i just found this thread
here are some bugs/suggestions
softcores:
vigilants spawn at indian territory
both indian tribes have white settlers as there peasant parties
indian supplier entry point need be modified(now they stand there facing out town)
too many yankees in indian cities
indian chieftain dress in western style(and we can play blackjack with the caucasians in indian towns!)
hardcores:
script error in hunting(IIRC on line 1702)
buffalo and deer sound like horse
mapicon for deer herd unbind to skeleton(now they skate on the map!)
always force us to use 16bits it gives a blurred view all around(it might be my own problem)
some small suggestions/wishes:
on ship/in train scene designed;better if train rob/save could be modded
best wishes to the credits!a whole lot of players got you back in china!

Back
Top Bottom