OSP 3D Art WEe's Helmets/Shields/Weapons (Yarr) [Updated 2.4.2013]

Users who are viewing this thread

Oh u mad. Would be sweet though. What is the name of the helmet? Actually, If I could have more pictures from the side and front, I could pull it off me thinks.

Sharp stages?
Yes.  If you're using the Photoshop plugin from nVidia, there's a "sharpen" setting.  Go in there, and try "sharpen soft" for all mips past 0.  Also play around with the filter settings- for some things, Hamming works, for others Sinc is a better choice.  Same with sharpen bias- usually a slightly-negative bias (-0.1 to -0.3) produces good results.  View it before exporting.

xenoargh said:
On the mipmaps; using 5 stages won't really help much, as each stage is still going to kick in at the same distance.  And it's not the engine that handles that, it's your GPU's drivers, and the way the DDS was built.
You are right.
Reason I believed its the way I said is that there is a bug in how OpenBrf draws textures with different number of mipmaps - textures with less # of mipmaps are rendered with lower order mipmaps given same distance :smile:
I'll describe in OpenBrf thread.

Arch3r said:
5kj7ua.jpg
mr.master said:
Oh u mad. Would be sweet though. What is the name of the helmet? Actually, If I could have more pictures from the side and front, I could pull it off me thinks.
Check his avatar for another picture of that helmet.  :razz:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?action=profile;u=79874

FrisianDude said:
Actually that helmet isn't in Narf's pack. :razz: I think it's made by Zimke himself.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,160392.msg3933196.html#msg3933196

Is this not it?

WOOPS. I'd forgotten about that and it's not in the .brf I have at the moment so I thought for a moment it's not his. My bad.

FrisianDude said:
WEenie, if you're still looking for ideas for new helmets how about
:grin:

WEll, I tried to do the helmet. It didn't really turn out as well as I wanted. I need more practice. Probably simple to other modelers, but couldn't really get the front plate thingy to look right. Ill need to practice with other helmets before doing this. Sadly =(

If you are still looking for helmets to do, try thi:
521-1.jpg

obs:sorry, I couldnt find any other images
obs²: both helmets are the same, just diferent collors

Back
Top Bottom