SP Medieval Mercantilism - Version 0.72 (01.11.15 - new download)

Do you prefer troops with faction specific names like Nord Fyrdman or would you prefer Nord Infantri

• I prefer faction specific names. (Nord Fyrdman/Huskarl)

Votes: 80 61.5%
  • I prefer descriptive names. (Nord Infantrie/ Nord Elite Infantrie)

Votes: 41 31.5%
  • I don't care.

Votes: 9 6.9%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Some minutes ago i was riding trough the forrest near Suno, my troops were hungry and so we went hunting. We found some deer and boar. Hunted them, collected theyr meat and gained some pelts.

The ability to hunt deer, boars and wolfes has been implemented today, maybe goats, wild camels and donkeys will join them later.

3801-1-1420909838.jpg

3801-2-1420909838.jpg

Version 0.6 is being uploaded http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/3801/?.

It will bring many changes to the campaign map visual and ai vise, many of the features mentioned in the last posts, like hunting, named npcs with characters, new troops (standart, religious, mercs) also new troop trees and spezial troops that will join npc armys based on theyr character and rank. The kings will now get kingsguard troops and religious party leaders will get additional religious troops. Also the new npcs in towns and taverns.

A List of all new added ressources can be found in the first post.

I made some fundamental changes to the troop trees and want some feedback, cause of them and the changes to the ai i'm uploading this version.

What changed in the Trooptrees?
I integraded the items, that came with Floris, based on some simple rules:
1. Lower Tier troops don't have swords, but mostly spears or other "cheaper" weapons - gives them better anti cavalery capabilities
2. Every culture has some weapons they prefer
2.1 Nord: Axe and Bow, no Cavalery, Heavy Armor
2.2 Vaegir: Blunt Weapons and Bow, only Heavy Cavalery, Medium Armor
2.3 Khergit: Sword and Bow, all Troops Cavalery, Medium Armor
2.4 Sarranid: Sword and Firearms, Mixed Troops, Light Armor
2.5 Rhodok: Pike and Crossbow, no Cavalery, Heavy Armor
2.6 Swadian: Sword and Crossbow, Mixed Troops, Heavy Armor
3. Every Culture has a spezial look. Sarranid don't wear plate armours, Swadians don't wear Turbans. This is also applied to civilian NPCs.

This Version, will not be savegame compatible with older and newer Versions.

Known Bugs:
- No Banners are shown on the campaign map.
- error messages from different triggers (do_merchant_trade) and one from KAOS Political
- error message at the start, about an unfound troop
- not all interactions with the city council are fully functional
- hunting only works for boars, wolfes and deers
- citys and partys get renamed during rebellion
- 1 hairtype for women is missing
- troops only use melee weapons when the siege tower is at the wall, use "0" then "F3" and then "F4" to change

Hello everybody,

just wanted to give you an small update on the things to come.

During the last days i was working on something i call the "game of thrones" feature-set.
At the moment, lords and ladys of any kingdom, try to get rid of the most hated city council members or village elders in theyr kingdom. With a focus on theyr own villages and towns.

Why?
It's planned that a village or town, pays theyr taxes based on the fact if they like you or not (not implemented yet).

How?
There are 3 ways a lord can handle the situation.
First, if he is a cruel guy without any honour, he will send some murderers.
If he is cruel but with some honour, he will try to spread rumors about the guy.
And the nice guys will send them presents, to smooth all problems.

If you have more ideas about what they could do to each other, just post them here :smile:

Anything else?
Lords and Ladys now change theyr religion based on the relation to the people in other religions.

Whats next?
I'm also working on an faction council, with different members, the marshal (lord), an diplomat (lord) , a high priest (one of your faction's priests) and so on...

Lords and the other npcs will fight over the position in the council like marshall and diplomat, with murders, rumors and money.

When this is done, i will implement features for the player to join them in theyr intrigues.

Some people allready downloaded the latest version, any feedback so far?
Are the sarranids to weak?

Can you by chance implement the artillery system that was featured in Highlander's mod? That one was for Mount&Blade, but it is not compatible with Warband, and nobody attempted to port it.

Do you mean "Age of Machinery" ?
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,48674.0.html

Well, i see 2 problems here.
First i would need to redo all the fighting scenes to support the siege weapons, thats a lot of work to do.

Second i'm not sure if i could reproduce it and if it would work ingame from a design perspective. They look way to overpowered.

Still a great idea, but i'm not sure if i can do it.

Hello I downloaded the mod and played around with it for about an hour with cheats on and I am not sure if this is a bug or just not a implemented feature I can't recruit guard commanders from the "guard commander" , really looking forward to the final release of this mod :smile:

Don't worry they are not implemented yet.

Nearly 50% of the City Council Buttons have no function atm, if nothing changes or no money is taken from you, then it is not functional, should have marked them... well it's just the actual work in progress version :-/

Atm you can only do the regular thing with the major, build buy and sell manufactorys at the Master Builder, change religion and recruit religious troops at the priest and sell prisoners at the prison keeper or ransom some caugt companions.

Btw i spend the whole morning playing around with some of the newest features. A total count of 120 companions (~40% female), wih the spezialists from the more companion mod and some regular (lvl1-5). Some new trooptypes (former glatiotors, amazon rider (mounted archer for sword sister trooptree) and nord axeman now upgrade into huscarls, so nord armys will not contain 50% axeman. And sarranids got a new weapon, grenades. In the beginning they were so overpowered, stopped a whole army of 700 in a siege, so funny... so wrong^^

keinPlan86m said:
Don't worry they are not implemented yet.

Nearly 50% of the City Council Buttons have no function atm, if nothing changes or no money is taken from you, then it is not functional, should have marked them... well it's just the actual work in progress version :-/

Atm you can only do the regular thing with the major, build buy and sell manufactorys at the Master Builder, change religion and recruit religious troops at the priest and sell prisoners at the prison keeper or ransom some caugt companions.

Btw i spend the whole morning playing around with some of the newest features. A total count of 120 companions (~40% female), wih the spezialists from the more companion mod and some regular (lvl1-5). Some new trooptypes (former glatiotors, amazon rider (mounted archer for sword sister trooptree) and nord axeman now upgrade into huscarls, so nord armys will not contain 50% axeman. And sarranids got a new weapon, grenades. In the beginning they were so overpowered, stopped a whole army of 700 in a siege, so funny... so wrong^^

Compared to native where you could literally face**** the sarranids , I went in with a rhodok army outnumbered thinking "oh my some sarranid n00bs time for some suprise buttsex" nedless to say is that I got demolished by their firearms literally I just saw a entire line of infantry fall before me .

Just a small glimpse into the future.

Some lords telling about themselve.
3801-2-1431820060.jpg

3801-0-1431820061.jpg

One of the new skills.
3801-1-1431820061.jpg

Btw i could need some help of some native english speaking persons to check my texts, simply send my errors and your suggestions per PM.

So exam period and my holidays are over and only 1 exam is left on july the 30.

I had some time to fix some smaller bugs and implement 1-2 new things.

In the future you will have more choices, when conquering a town for your empire, and sometimes incidents will happen when you rest. The options you choose, may change how people see you.

3801-2-1436277572.jpg

3801-0-1436277572.jpg

3801-1-1436277572.jpg

I only post this to ask for further feedback on the latest version and to ask for you opinion in a poll.

Now I like the new changes and I am really eager for the update , but here's something that I'd love you to implement this OSP caught my eye recently and I am in love with it http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,334712.0.html (Thank you Tama for making this) . And it would be cool to see a actual trade war or even colonisation/new world(am weetarded) , to add that economic prosperity feel to it . Or you could do your own thing which worked out great so far :grin:

Jeap, i also like the idea of attackable townsfolk and i will try to implement it before the next update :smile:
It fits well into my choices and consequences concept.

There are also 2 new screenshots from things to come.

Religious Minor Factions (The Wolf-Clan (Old Gods), The Westwind Cult (The Four Winds) and the Inqusition (One God)) now roam the land.
Beware Heretics!
3801-1-1436559743.jpg

And the "Book of Law's" a collection of rules and law's you can have in your kingdom. Lords like or dislike them based on theyr character and they will have sideeffects, so you have to choose wisely. In the future Lords may revolt if they don't like them or simply leave your kingdom. The idea behind this feature is to make your kingdom more individual.
This is an WIP screenshot, the texts will be changed in the future and are only based on my notes for this feature.
3801-2-1436559743.jpg

I'm also planning to redo the tax system, with the implementation of the new tradegoods, the citys and villages are making way more money from trading. They will have an individual tax rate, which they will pay to theyr lord's also based on relation. The lords will also pay an amount to the king and landless lords willl be paid by the king. Some of the laws will cost money or influence corruption. So if you own a town/kingdom you will not start to swim in money to soon. :smile:

Hi,
yesterday my grapiccard died, was getting to hot... and i cannot afford a new one the next time, so i'm uploading the newest WIP Version of the Mod, to maybe get some feedback until then :smile: The Version should be playable with minor bugs, i always try to finish a feature or leave a placeholder, but nothing that will crash your game or ruin the savegame.

http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/3801

Most of the new features got presented here in the last posts, the new companions, the minor factions, book of law and the "game of thrones"-features as well as the first choice and consequences and the new party skills, i also added cooking.

There were also many changes in the backround. You can now build, buy and sell the new building introduced with version 0.5, animals "grow" and produce goods, industrie should influence prices more, you are able to convert lords to your religion, your holdings influence your party sice, bugs got fixed in the trading code for npcs and in combat situations, older lords also use the new party skills and have better armys and the ship speed of sea raiders and traders got changed and there are also changes to the trooptress and merc units. I also introduced new items and OSP's and renamed some lords and city's to fit into a "realistic" theme.

The book of law can be acessed throug the camp menu and only influences the player kingdom, atm only the "free the slaves" and the "law against profiteering" work, but i couldn't test theyr influence for a longer period, the other laws only influence the relation toward your lords.

A new item is the handgrenade, it's only used by 1 Sarranid "Elite" Troop, the Grenadier" and does AoE Damage. I tried to balance the damage and the amount of ammo, but some of your experience with it would be nice.

Many of the changes influence the economic system and need some testig in the long run.

Well, most of the features i was thinking of, when i was restarting the mod are now introduced and only need polishing and only a "few" things are left on my To-Do list.

To-Do-List:
- more Choices and Consequences (lending money to lords for example and what to do if they don't pay it back)
- troop-balancing (equipment and lvl)
- more books (mainly for the new skills)
- updating the auto-Trader to accept the new trade goods
- updating the kontor-to-player and kontor-to-city trade screens
- reworking the tax system
- a character test when starting a new game, to set your character
- a way to choose your city council members and faction council members
- cleaning the camp menu
- the ability to choose if an information is presented as text, as screen or ignored.
- updating the faction rebelion conditions
- more diplomatic options (trade blocade)
- player beeing able to hurt/kill npcs with assasins and other "darker" ways, the tavern npc "somebody" will play a role
- finishing the abilitys of the city council (praying, recruiting, quest giving...)
- renaming the other lords, ladys and citys, maybe castles and villages
- killing bugs
- some more OSP on my list to be in the mod
- connecting all the features
- more information to the players
- new faces and equipment for the new companions and npcs (if you want to see your favorit face in the game just send me a pm with the code and maybe a short story :smile:
- small changes to the combat ai (removing the circle tactic)

Well the only thing left to be said is, have fun playing and please leave some comment.

Uploaded it to the M&B Repository.

http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2757

Btw i have an Nexus Account since many years, doesn't cost anything and it's a great site.

Back
Top Bottom