Developer's Note: exhominem

Users who are viewing this thread

Llew2

Cheap ass bum
Count
New Developer!

I'm happy to announced that exhominem is taking on the development of the Hundred Years War mod. As you can see, he will be taking the mod in a new direction/date, introducing many of the most famous characters of the war who aren't in the current mod time period. I'm looking forward to this new direction as much as anyone - Perhaps even more.  :razz:

April 1, 2011.

This patch that I released today is likely to be the last modding I'll do. In the next day or two I'll be leaving for the coast, and if anything goes as planned, I won't have time for modding for quite some time. Life happens, and I look forward to where I'm going to go with it. As it looks right now, modding won't have much part in it.

This means that I won't be working on the Hundred Years War mod anymore. However, I'd hate to see it die. As happened years ago with GandalfTheGrey, I'd like to pass the torch on to someone else, so that the mod can keep being developed. There are quite a few things that I would love to see happen for the mod; from using a ton of the open source code hanging about to adding some map expansions and whatnot. But I'm quite ready to let the next person take it and go with their own vision of it, as Gandalf was generous enough to do with me. In fact, the person to take over doesn't even need to be an experienced modder. I knew next to nothing when I started, and learned it all by porting the HYW mod. I just liked the mod alot, and wanted to work on it. And I could name several people who I know have the exact same story, and who are now highly accomplished modders.

I've uploaded the mod source on the Repository, with a password. Anyone interested in continuing development of this should PM me. I expect I'll still check the forums occasionally, and I will give you the password, as well as a bunch of other resources I've accumulated that could go into it. And a little bit of my vision for where I would still love to see this go.

If no one likes the mod enough to carry on with it as I did, then I'm content knowing I've at least made a playable Warband version which the rest of the folks can enjoy. It's by far the best version of the mod I've released to date, and I'm very pleased with it.

This is not an April fools joke.

-Llew.

Well, damn, man. I can't but wish you to have fun with your life, but alas, I can't take over the project, I'm too busy with my own. I hope you will perhaps find someone who is willing to take over. :smile:

Best of luck with whatever you pursue from now on - long life & good health to you sir! Your HWY mod has provided me with many hours, both on M&B & Warband, of fun - the mod is just brilliantly well built. Thanks for releasing the latest patch, sure it'll give me many more hours of fun playing it.

I don't really know you, nor do I know the mod, but I too would like to wish you good luck too. I hope you have fun and enjoy yourself, wherever you're going.

Don't know you much but from what I've seen from your posts around the forum you were a good guy and your modding was amazing. Taleworlds will be kinda different without you  :sad: Don't forget us though. Drop by once or twice a month if you can.

Is nooned going to take this project!!??

I would Like but I don´t now s### about mooding

Anyway best of luck to you Llew

this mood stills needs more stuff do :cry:

Don't know if you ever log here anymore Llew; I myself have been absent a long while.

Just wanted to say, you are a great modder, a great guy, and it is a beautiful thing how you handed over the reigns to this creation! I have had a lot of fun with your mod and I hope that the RL demands that have pulled you away from modding have been rewarding!

Of all the Warband mods, I consider this one of the best.  It is greatly under-rated, and should be played by many more people.  KUDOS to all of you! :smile:

Back
Top Bottom