Scene Feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

Abominog

Sergeant
I'd like you Guys/Gals to give us a little Feedback on the Scenes.

What do you like/dislike in the old scenes as well as the new scenes.
What do you think is missing or would like to see.
Are the Towns,Forts & Villages to small or to big.
I was looking at making the Forts bigger and at the last Minute added Camp Luther to the mod but do you think it looks too big, out of place etc

The Above is just an Idea to get you going so discuss it all here.

Also for those that like Easter Eggs I have added one to every scene I have completely built or totally remodelled  :wink:

I will be heavily Moderating this thread so any " Bishop's Lodge sucks" etc posts or off topic posts will be deleted - you can say something Sucks but if it doesn't have a reason as why it sucks it will just be a memory :smile:

O.K., basically your scenes are very carefully modeled and look alive. Congrats!!

your generic scenes are also O.K.

the only thing that bugs me is the random scenes.
i guess their size depends on the number of combatants or something.
when fighting 15 vs. 20 (e.g. companion only army vs. banditos) the maps tend to be way too small, especially when using cavalry.

besides that your level-design is really excellent.

go team 1866 go!!!!

I really like the scenes. I was walking around in the El Rio commandants room and I was really impressed. The thing I like about most 1866 scenes is that each  scene seems unique.
Also for those that like Easter Eggs I have added one to every scene I have completely built or totally remodelled
Could you give us any hints? :wink:

I love the scenes I've seen so far. Especially the new hotel and commander quarter scenes. they are really detailed and nice, , the ranch is sweet excellent as well. I noticed though that if you jump in the hotel / commander quarter scenes you can see over the roof, which is a bit buggy. Maybe you could raise the roof a bit? Otherwise i really like the new update.

I like the scenes much more in the current version than in the previous two. They seem much more natural and less repetitive.

Crossbow Joe said:
I really like the scenes. I was walking around in the El Rio commandants room and I was really impressed. The thing I like about most 1866 scenes is that each  scene seems unique.
Also for those that like Easter Eggs I have added one to every scene I have completely built or totally remodelled
Could you give us any hints? :wink:

That's what I set out to do to have each scene Unique - nothing worse than looking at the same scene every time  :grin:
The Easter Egg is the horse riding gun tootin bowler hat wearing smoking skeleton in my image here ( minus the horse lol )
peterb said:
I love the scenes I've seen so far. Especially the new hotel and commander quarter scenes. they are really detailed and nice, , the ranch is sweet excellent as well. I noticed though that if you jump in the hotel / commander quarter scenes you can see over the roof, which is a bit buggy. Maybe you could raise the roof a bit? Otherwise i really like the new update.
Limitations of the engine I'm afraid  - I could have stretched the walls to prevent that but it would have taken 10X the time to make each commanders room  :sad:
Shrugging Khan said:
Scenes are largely good.

It's just...the premade battle scenes...meh. Never been a fan  :???:
We all aren't but they were added to get the release out  :sad: but I will be looking at them soonish  :wink:

We are happy that you like all the new scenes  :grin: has anyone looked at Camp Luther yet as I'm looking at redoing most of the forts ( bigger layouts etc ) or do you think the Forts are a big challenge as they are now ?

As far as battle scenes are concerned; I'd actually favour randomised ones with procedurally interspersed complex elements (building ruin, old wagon, funny-shaped rock, bridge over a body of water, etc.). If it's technically possible.

I'm almost never at forts. I find raiding and being an outlaw to be more appealing than hassling an army around  :smile:

That said, the sky textures are *really* good.

after besieging fuerte robusta (near buena fortuna) i did some scene editing. couldn't stand the siege belfry.
i modeled the gate as if blown up (attacking from the front side) and added some sandbags in the court.
I also had to change the stairs as most of the time the attackers would get stuck going up the last step, they were all crowding on the stairs then.
don't know why cause its a native element. i checked also the ai mesh and tried some other things but nothing worked so i had to use a different set of wooden stairs. now it work quite well.

after playing the siege several times i'm very content. first the attackers take some time shooting the guys on the front wall and then start storming through the blown up gate up the ladder whilst heavy fire from the defenders from high above.

didn't check for balance regarding how the different factions do, though.

i tried a siege with 150 comanches against 60 mexicans as defenders. comanches won most of the time but had heavy casualties.

i would also like to see bigger fortresses, feels too small and more medieval.

edit:

wasn't there a seperate scene for sieges? or do i recall it incorrect?
cause now the door is also blown up when i just visit it normally, hehe.

John_Friendly said:
wasn't there a seperate scene for sieges? or do i recall it incorrect?
cause now the door is also blown up when i just visit it normally, hehe.
No there is only the one scene - things are added or removed to a scene when you siege it.

Forts could be abit bigger, seems harder when you get killed as soon as you spawn. (3 seconds!)

Love it when I see broken or flaming carrages and stuff, more stuff like that would be prefered.

I like what I've seen so far, although I don't feel I've seen enough yet to give a comprehensive opinion.

My lone criticism is that I'd like to see some different scenes for hunting.  Nothing wrong with the one there is, but it gets a bit boring after the first few times.

EDIT (several days later):  I think my favorite scene so far is the "random combat" scene with the train stopped on top of the elevated bridge.  It's just cool.  :smile:

A bit simple strategically, though.  I always order my troops to hold position while I move up and shoot at the enemy from behind the wrecked stage coach.

I'd still like a few more hunting scenes...maybe some thick forest.  If you have a Spencer repeater it gets awful easy when your prey is out in the open.

UniversalWolf said:
EDIT (several days later):  I think my favorite scene so far is the "random combat" scene with the train stopped on top of the elevated bridge.  It's just cool.  :smile:

I like that one too.  It gives a real feeling of a BIG country.

All the scenes I've seen so far are very well done.

Has anyone noticed the horse in the corral in Bishop's Lodge with its landing gear retracted.  Maybe its old news, but I thought I'd mention it.

There's no chest in the Rio hotel either.  :smile:

Haven't checked Buena Fortuna yet.

Had a big battle in San Casteabro and it was quite fun.  I like the rooftops.

could be intended but when I defend a fort, my front line of guys get blown up at the beginning of the battle.  I guess this simulates the wall getting blown up or something.  But every time I tend to lose my companions right off the bat.

Also ran into a bug, once I took a fort, I got a random spawn or event to attack me. Wish I paid attention to who exactly it was. But at the end of the battle I only had my companions left. My entire army vanished, I took very few losses during the battle and had 50 men.

Other than that, it's freaking awesome!

Think everyone else hit any ideas I had about improvements, bigger forts, and different defenses ect.

Back
Top Bottom