SP Antiquity [WB] Shadows in the Desert - An Ancient Middle East Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Good point, Sayd. I mean we've even seen people break the rules online by actually riding the cannon. Question is if the AI can handle it.

Few new (Awesome) updates from Kuauik:

APi2b.jpg

Egyptian Helmet & Cuirass, unofficially termed by me a "Lobster cuirass", though that's a descriptive term for design purposes rather than an actual phrase for the linen cuirass. "Lobster" is because it's formed of segmented linen rings like a lorica segmenta. We might make the Egyptians "Dark" skinned, which due to the limitations of the game means it's an all or nothing sort of thing. In reality Egyptians were probably a mixed lot or generally "Brown" rather than pure white (as Nordic Centric's claim) or pure black (as Afro-centrics claim).

rOkAR.jpg

ahOYG.jpg

Canaanite robes for a Syro-Hittite auxiliary

uu5Gl.jpg

Assyrian Auxilia

ODFXj.jpg

Assyrian Auxilia!

u5F7y.jpg

Mw364.jpg

Assyrian!

I new it!! When You guys work together it cannot go wrong! Those robes are fantastic...I want them, now, everywhere else! Helmets there were really funny but also looking good.

Seriously, You guys deserve some huge money prices for all the work Youve done already. And if You menage somehow to release official compilation of items for Warband im the first one in the line to buy it!

Even quiver is great. That is what we need.

So :smile: dont give up or '...I KILL YOU!!' :wink:

Also its great that Sayd is here. No kiddin, we gain much of pleasure looking for all Your work an cooperation.

Cheers! Now i can go sleep with big smile...

btw I have question since it take BCE, why the Jewish kingdom not there? isnt around that era the Judo/Jewish Kingdom established?

Originally it was, then we decided to have them absorbed into the Syro-Hittite Confederacy, and we're considering making them re-independent. The problem for the Hebrews is they don't offer anything really tasty when it comes to warfare, except maybe a sling specialization. In dress they'd pretty much be referring to Philistine/Canaanite for early period and Assyrian for later period. By comparison, the Philistines offer a preponderance of sturdy, heavy infantry, the Aramaeans have light infantry and light cavalry, and Hittites have heavier cavalry and infantry. Hebrews have infantry of all types, though armor is more scarce compared to others (save for the Aramaeans). But they don't seem to have really sought any sort of cavalry modernization like most everyone else. And the infantry, aside of slingers, are just generally 'meh'. If we go with a Heroic Epic vibe then there's legitimacy in having a stronger Hebrew state of David, Saul, or Solomon.

We'll still consider the Jewish Kingdom as a full fledged faction, but I can't guarantee they would be independent in 1.0 or perhaps at all, although it's more than likely they'd be a candidate for independence.

thx for the info that cleared me, it stims my curiosity more, I remember canaanite once quite big kingdom as well

Roman/Greek def werent show up in that era were they

Arrakhis said:
thx for the info that cleared me, it stims my curiosity more, I remember canaanite once quite big kingdom as well

Roman/Greek def werent show up in that era were they

I'd have to doublecheck. Levantine politics is horribly tricky, but my understanding was the last major demographics shift prior to the classical age (480 BC onward) was the Sea People, so the levant was pretty much:

1) Hebrews
2) Philistines (Loosely modern day Palestine's Gaza Strip & Israel's southern coast)
3) Phoenicians on the Lebanese/Southern syria Coast
4) Aramaeans on the interior
5) Bedouins and such annoying errybody

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e8/Levant_830.svg = Israel would be shrunk dramatically by the late 8th century when you get the Twelve Tribes situation. It seems like some sort of Kingdom of Israel still may have existed, but in horribly neutered form.

Canaanites seem to have been as far as I can tell the proto-Phoenicians or pre-Aramaean populace, which ceased to really exist as an independent or totally distinct entity by 'our point', but still had a fairly strong cultural legacy.

Revan Shah: At the moment the plan is to make bandits topical to the faction replacing their territory (Desert Bandits become Nubians/Bedouin to harass Egypt, Steppe bandits become un-steppe-like Aramao-Chaldeans to harass the Assyrians in Khergit territory), but that's a good idea. Sea Raiders themselves might become Steppe-nomads if Persia takes over Vaegir territory and Scythia Nord territory, but perhaps Mountain Bandits (being found in Rhodok territory and raiding the interior) could work as the new Grecian "Sea Raiders".

Sahran and Kuauik and Ritter are making a new mod? that's cool. an ancient middle east mod? much much cooler!
middle east is more than welcome change to all those mediaevil theamed mods out there.
best wishes to you guys.
Scythia FTW!

Thanks mate. :smile:

Kuauik's not just a speed demon, a texturing demon, but also a modeling demon! As you can see from his latest work below:

uCsD1.jpg

Persian and Iranian "Tiaras". Might get the colored ribbons included, but it'll depend how it looks. Also the Sparabara, Thanvabara, Anusiya (Immortals) and Arstibara (Applebearers) should wear saffron, while Takabara, youths, and so on will use saffron, white, maybe brown too.

Fellows on the lower left are thinking "u mad that my beard stylin on you?"

Back
Top Bottom