Nordous' Sceners Guild

Users who are viewing this thread

it looks kind of ugly honestly. :razz: I don't like the wall props much and apart from that the layout looks kind of boring. I agree with Adorno about the walls in the moat too, it looks very weird. You can probably just leave the wall sections on the bridges and take out the sections in between for an instant improvement.

I tried to do something like in this picture;

9afa0ae5aea29c0bf970aa3bb45be2b7.jpg

Thanks for your answers.  :smile: I will fix them.

I think the weird colours could be the result of some strange enb/reshade settings or similar. Also, game settings seem to be very low (look at the wall textures in the last picture). If you want to keep the walls at the ditch, I suggest turning them around and distorting them a bit so that the battlements hide under the terrain. Shouldn't the walkways through the ditch be made by the attackers and thus not be fortified?
Also, you could add some more wall sections to both sides of the scene to add to the immersion.

There's some OSP somewhere that has very nice Constantinople walls you could use.  :smile:

Edit: Ninja'd! In the picture you linked, the wall towers are far wider apart which looks better, imo.

I did a complete restart on Dale, as I want it to look bigger and a bit less flat. So, I tried to go for a waterfall-themed scene (drawing some inspiration from Dinotopia's Waterfall City). I used a workaround I found in an old thread to circumvent the water_river bug by adding a second plane of water to the mesh. Also stole some more meshes from other mods to achieve a more russian look.

Don't mind the wall texture, I totally ****ed that up.

ZmfB3.jpg
48_vj.jpg
ad5ju.jpg
XBgsG.jpg

Nice! As far as borrowing props, try pulling a couple from Nova Aetus. There are some high quality Russian style props there, and decent textures.

From far away it looks like it has potential for an awesome skyline. I usually place the towers first, then check the view angles from far, from the town gate, and from the castle. It's sometimes challenging to get a placement that looks good from all player angles.

In Vain said:
I did a complete restart on Dale, as I want it to look bigger and a bit less flat. So, I tried to go for a waterfall-themed scene (drawing some inspiration from Dinotopia's Waterfall City). I used a workaround I found in an old thread to circumvent the water_river bug by adding a second plane of water to the mesh. Also stole some more meshes from other mods to achieve a more russian look.

Don't mind the wall texture, I totally ****ed that up.

ZmfB3.jpg
48_vj.jpg
ad5ju.jpg
XBgsG.jpg

Do you work for some mod or something?

CounterPoint said:
Nice! As far as borrowing props, try pulling a couple from Nova Aetus. There are some high quality Russian style props there, and decent textures.

From far away it looks like it has potential for an awesome skyline. I usually place the towers first, then check the view angles from far, from the town gate, and from the castle. It's sometimes challenging to get a placement that looks good from all player angles.

Thanks for the hint on Nova Aetus, I'll take a look. Also, that's basically the way I work on scenes like this, too.  :smile:

Beobart said:
Do you work for some mod or something?
Not particularly, no. I'm thinking of releasing some scenes as a submod for TLD, one day, but sadly, many props I've used are not OSP. However, if you ever plan to restart working on FA and need a scener, just pm me. :wink:

In Vain said:
Not particularly, no. I'm thinking of releasing some scenes as a submod for TLD, one day, but sadly, many props I've used are not OSP. However, if you ever plan to restart working on FA and need a scener, just pm me. :wink:

Hmn. Waiting for Bannerlord. There will be more nice possibilities.

...But why though? :razz: It's not like a few dozen squares of village texture are going to cause any dropped frames, and I imagine it would be easier with the texture than using props.

Because using ground texture and level, I can't model a street as exactly bent and evenly rising as a dwarven-made street would be. It doesn't really matter either way, though, because that street is supposed to be quite far away, from the player's point of view.

if you wanted/needed to you could always add in a new road prop that blends in nicely even from a close view (i know i would, but then i am obsessed with blending the borders with the scene). but as it stands it looks fine, nice scene as well!

I actually did that.  :grin: Still looks improvable, though.

So, I think Dale is nearly finished. Some streets and especially the landscape could use some more details, but, at the moment, I just don't care enough. Time for attention whoring! :shifty:

EHAd9.jpg

qkp8M.jpg

wIruy.jpg
wzWxu.jpg

MIKu7.jpg
cpoae.jpg
YhdLR.jpg

BrfYj.jpg
fresA.jpg
kpxWX.jpg
klSuG.jpg
kGl0p.jpg
QzvW4.jpg
tl1MR.jpg

uQZ6o.jpg

Q28NP.jpg
MfWOR.jpg

Edit: By the way, thanks to Mandible for the vertex colouring tutorial!

Back
Top Bottom