Native LSP 2D Art Face Improvement Project

Users who are viewing this thread

crodio said:
add moar gangsta

Yeah, I actually photo referenced some of the skins from mugshots, so some of them are indeed gangstas.

But, probably not going to do more until i have some time for this again.

Referenced from mugshots? That's kinda crazy and genius^^
Impressive work so far
I'd love to see your next piece of art  :grin:

Hello sir love the mod i've played it on a mod that had in already put into it by a pro modder but im not and i tried putting it into a diff mod and the faces come up completely white i don't know if its a texture issue i haven't put any "face" mods into this mod other then a female enhancement that didn't require me to go into the .ini file and change it so im wondering how to get it on my mod? (and if this is any assistance the mod is InNoVative)

I think your faces are aewsome, but the lords now looks kinda old mans, I think all the lords (but the first) in the first post were better in native

Call4Pizza said:
Hello sir love the mod i've played it on a mod that had in already put into it by a pro modder but im not and i tried putting it into a diff mod and the faces come up completely white i don't know if its a texture issue i haven't put any "face" mods into this mod other then a female enhancement that didn't require me to go into the .ini file and change it so im wondering how to get it on my mod? (and if this is any assistance the mod is InNoVative)

I'ts not very difficult, you only have to put the .dds files in texture folder and .brf in the resource folder
then your replace the skins.txt with the one provided
in the module.ini just search for:
load_resource = textures_face_gen
load_resource = materials_face_gen
load_resource = meshes_face_gen
load_resource = beards
load_resource = hair

and change it to look like:

load_mod_resource = textures_face_gen
load_mod_resource = materials_face_gen
load_mod_resource = meshes_face_gen
load_mod_resource = beards
load_mod_resource = hair
And if i'm right Iboltax already provided the required information to make it yourself
PS: the new faces are awesome keep it up!

Barf said:
Originally I had pointed out some improvement's that could be made to Broken_One's faces and was told that he would no longer update it and was given permission to edit the files.
It's not terribly hard to merge the two packs, basically all the files included in the pack with the exception of the textures have to be edited to include the entries the other has added.

I wouldn't presume to have any rights to it but, I don't think Broken_One would complain either as long as he was given credit.

I'm sorry if this is an ignorant question, as I'm still quite new to Mount & Blade in general. Your improvements to Broken_One's faces are the first and only mod I've used yet, so thank you very much!

As the other poster mentioned, I was hoping to merge the two packs like you mentioned. But I'm having a little trouble figuring out how to edit the *.brf files to include the other entries.

It might be really simple, I'm just having a little difficulty is all!

Hey, I really like those male faces. But what about female ones, are you planning to fix them too? That would be great, since they look way worse than male ones :smile:.

How exactly do I install this mod? Im not to knowledgeable when it comes to these things but I can follow a step by step walkthough if someone would provide it.

Seek n Destroy said:
I'ts not very difficult, you only have to put the .dds files in texture folder and .brf in the resource folder
then your replace the skins.txt with the one provided
in the module.ini just search for:
load_resource = textures_face_gen
load_resource = materials_face_gen
load_resource = meshes_face_gen
load_resource = beards
load_resource = hair

and change it to look like:

load_mod_resource = textures_face_gen
load_mod_resource = materials_face_gen
load_mod_resource = meshes_face_gen
load_mod_resource = beards
load_mod_resource = hair
And if i'm right Iboltax already provided the required information to make it yourself

Licinia Eudoxia said:
Barf said:
Originally I had pointed out some improvement's that could be made to Broken_One's faces and was told that he would no longer update it and was given permission to edit the files.
It's not terribly hard to merge the two packs, basically all the files included in the pack with the exception of the textures have to be edited to include the entries the other has added.

I wouldn't presume to have any rights to it but, I don't think Broken_One would complain either as long as he was given credit.

I'm sorry if this is an ignorant question, as I'm still quite new to Mount & Blade in general. Your improvements to Broken_One's faces are the first and only mod I've used yet, so thank you very much!

As the other poster mentioned, I was hoping to merge the two packs like you mentioned. But I'm having a little trouble figuring out how to edit the *.brf files to include the other entries.

It might be really simple, I'm just having a little difficulty is all!
Use OpenBRF, which you can find in its own sub-board in the Modding Tools section. Then, simply add the new stuff.

Thank you for the reply but that is still somewhat too complex for me. As I mentioned, I am not very computer literate. Also would these changes work for both the Native and CRPG mods if the appropriate files in both folders were altered?

Kerth said:
Hey, I really like those male faces. But what about female ones, are you planning to fix them too? That would be great, since they look way worse than male ones :smile:.
Please. I'm only interested in my character and the ladies.

I want to use these new skins with native (16 possible skins) for varieties. To me, the new skins look very good, but a little final fantasy-ish.

Man, these faces look great, I have always wanted a set of Mongolic faces without having to dl some junk mod.  :mrgreen: BTW, the 9th screen is a remake of Lenin.

Sibylla said:
it's not a texture problem, the new head's mesh is bigger than the helmets, so in order to fix it you'll need to scale up the helmets a bit.

How do you scale the helmets to fix it? Is it difficult to do for someone with no modding experience?

Breyean said:
Sibylla said:
it's not a texture problem, the new head's mesh is bigger than the helmets, so in order to fix it you'll need to scale up the helmets a bit.

How do you scale the helmets to fix it? Is it difficult to do for someone with no modding experience?

I believe it's only this one black hood thing that has this issue. It was bothering me too and I actually ended up just opening up that hood model and editing the back part of it to fix it. If you know how to open up and find models using OpenBRF you can also just scale it up enough until it fits the head better. I believe that model is the one in commonres\armors_b.brf called hood_black, so with openbrf you can just right click on it and use the roto-translate-scale and scale it up a bit to quick-fix it.

Back
Top Bottom