warband mods

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Voranth said:
Coy said:
being chased down the city street by a bandit offering his "nordic *ahem* junk" was an interesting experience. Would have thought there would at least be one guard around.

No way to introduce his *junk* to your Glaive?

I was in character! What servant carries a glaive?

In my short time of playing the mod (i suppose it can be called that) I have been unable to see any role play occurring on this mod.

When waiting in line for a job upon server release, I walked up to the table and began to role play, upon which i was told "this isn't for role play". So I just went on and asked to be a woodcutter. That job doesn't exist, despite there being forests outside the town to be chopped down. Anyways, I was kicked back to the back of the line for asking to be a woodcutter. So I waited in line again, and made sure the job I wanted was on the job list. I became a Servant for Hire. Lo-and behold, my job gives me no advantages over a peasant. Alright, fine. So I decided to go to the blacksmith and do a bit of role play; I walked in and approached a person (who was an admin, i later found out) and tried to begin a conversation. No response. He didn't even tell me that he was bug testing (which he announced on global that we can now smith the same item with 2 people).

This brings me to another point, what are you focusing on with this mod? Some of the main features fail to operate, yet you are working on..... smithing partner work? Seems a bit pointless.

The next day I entered the server, as did some of my RCC friends. One, omfgozk, was dueled. When he accepted, he was banned. One down. Throughout the next few days, every single one of my RCC friends were banned off the server, as well as Azrayel. Who do you plan to play with? At this rate, you'll have an empty server within another week.

But anyways, there's my experience. Please understand I do know that you are having technical difficulty and I'm not here to troll.

Lord Brutus said:
Hmmm, sounds suspiciously like trolling to me. Maybe PW or cRPG would be a better fit for you.

If you can't take my constructive post in a mature way, maybe you're the one who should be on those modules?

My post stands. The community you are creating will not stand.

Lord Brutus said:
Sorry I missed the constructive aspects of your post. Was that the part where your friends got banned? Or the remark about an empty server?

As far as I have read you look like the one trolling.
He just pointed out an issue he had in the server as well as many other people.

Splintert said:
In my short time of playing the mod (i suppose it can be called that) I have been unable to see any role play occurring on this mod.

When waiting in line for a job upon server release, I walked up to the table and began to role play, upon which i was told "this isn't for role play". So I just went on and asked to be a woodcutter. That job doesn't exist, despite there being forests outside the town to be chopped down. Anyways, I was kicked back to the back of the line for asking to be a woodcutter. So I waited in line again, and made sure the job I wanted was on the job list. I became a Servant for Hire. Lo-and behold, my job gives me no advantages over a peasant. Alright, fine. So I decided to go to the blacksmith and do a bit of role play; I walked in and approached a person (who was an admin, i later found out) and tried to begin a conversation. No response. He didn't even tell me that he was bug testing (which he announced on global that we can now smith the same item with 2 people).

This brings me to another point, what are you focusing on with this mod? Some of the main features fail to operate, yet you are working on..... smithing partner work? Seems a bit pointless.

Mod was out for a day, hundreds of people showed up who had not done any reading on the rp forum, leading to people pointlessly running around complaining about being a peasant. A line is set up to discuss jobs OOC. Woodcutting is not native compatible; admins were swamped with bugs and people who had no idea what was going on. Some of the main features fail to operate, hence the server being taken down while the bugs were fixed.

Pointless is a matter of perspective, something you seem to have lost due to personal prejudice with the following:
Splintert said:
The next day I entered the server, as did some of my RCC friends. One, omfgozk, was dueled. When he accepted, he was banned. One down. Throughout the next few days, every single one of my RCC friends were banned off the server, as well as Azrayel. Who do you plan to play with? At this rate, you'll have an empty server within another week.

Your friend "omfgozk" should not have accepted a duel if he was not in a rp situation in which it would be acceptable. Fist fighting another peasant in the market for instance is not one of those circumstances. During my time on the server. I also saw several RCC players (Azrayel included) spamming OOC chat with meaningless prattle.

My personal experiences with RCC (which make me a bit biased I will admit) is that they are generally pretty entitled, self righteous rpers. Perhaps all of that time owning the only PW mod server did it to them but I digress. I have yet to see a server ban that I disagree with, and on average I would say that the admining is reasonable and fair.

With 10 pages of bios from serious rpers I highly doubt the server will be empty. Save from pretentious "leet RPers"

It actually happened to me too when I was trying to use the action key he spammed infront of me, then proceeded to run up to an Admin.
"AHHHHHHHHH"
"HEEELP ADMINZ HE ATTCAK ME!" AHHA"

The admin responded with I need to read the rules and proceeded to ban me.
Gosh' Darn RCC Leet Rpers right?  :wink:

Well it was pretty hectic at first hours for all the admins so I kept contact with them to a minimum beecause I knew they were busy as hell. I just talked to them for bug reporting etc. In contrast to what splint said about there being no RP, I actually had lots of fun at some points when meeting some people who were not new ofc, because if you are new I wouldnt expect you to roleplay for a while until you feel that you're at home, so to speak, but it was great once we got down to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom