Roma Britannia (Brytenwalda Submod) BETA 1.2 patch 3.14.2011

Users who are viewing this thread

I promise not to over look the little details, I know that is what adds authenticity, don't worry guys  :grin:

But yeah keep the ideas coming. As soon as I finish renaming the generals I'll work on the town names. Not sure yet how to make the equipment area specific but I'll look into that for sure. I was going to change the logos like you suggested but sadly I can't find those images =? I'll keep looking. I promise to provide something Romeytenwaldaish for you all to enjoy. But please keep the ideas coming, it helps me to provide a better mod.

Downloaded, having a good look through and let you know what I find Sig :wink: , looks bloody good so far mate ! , one thing do you have a topic set up for Testing yet so we don't all add the same bugs ? =P

Cheers!

-Gothy

Ciao Sigma-Rho,
I just discovered your mod and I really wish you the best!!!
Get my sincere compliments :grin:

Gabrilduro
ps............now I will not be the only Brytenwalda "submodder" anymore :wink: he he he

Maffin01 said:
GABRILDURO said:
Ciao Sigma-Rho,
I just discovered your mod and I really wish you the best!!!
Get my sincere compliments :grin:

Gabrilduro
ps............now I will not be the only Brytenwalda "submodder" anymore :wink: he he he

when your Brytanwalda submod will be released ? :smile: I want to play 1776 mod :smile:

Please be polite and address this question in it's proper subforum and I am sure you will get an answer quick. This thread is for Roma Britannia and the mod maker, Sigma, needs to be respected.

When my game bar loaded to menu apear it crach before menu appear and i get this error

rgl error

unable to open texture file textures\white_tunic2.dds

Help me pls.

I love your mod! This is what I´ve been waiting for very long.Thanks!

So I´am a little bit confused. The first post is saying you are going to recreate the Roman Invasion of britannia, but later down you say you´re going to the fall of romans in britannia. So what is the actual status?

Btw I would like the invasion scenario more but both are very interesting scenarios.

One more question, are you going to implement new roman scenes?

Thanks, yes it will be the Invasion, I need to scrub some of that info off of there. You can rebel your Legio later on if you wish to make your own kingdom. I will provide black banners with gold trip for this to simulate Legio I Germanica when they rebelled.

Yes, I already have the models for the scenes, there won't be Hadrain's wall because that didn't come about until much later but you will see monuments, milecastles, castellums, statues, forts, all romanized. This will probably be the last feature added since I have no one to make the scenes.

Sibylla released some of her Roman/Byzantine houses:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,62156.msg1610081.html#msg1610081
(Personally I think they look more Byzantine than Roman though, but I'm no expert in that area).

Adorno said:
Sibylla released some of her Roman/Byzantine houses:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,62156.msg1610081.html#msg1610081
(Personally I think they look more Byzantine than Roman though, but I'm no expert in that area).

If the OP changes the stone to something lighter and bulkier, and the roof to something brick red (or alike) and it'll look a whole lot more roman I think.
Could be done easily by messing around with saturation-hue sliders in PS.

*UPDATE* is this controlled by the culture?

I've got to ask you guys for some help, I've looked every where and I can't find out how to change what troop is recruited at a village. Now I was advised to just edit the troop and rename it then the village recuit is what type I want him to be but an enemy tribe shares the same recruitment and they would be able to recruit Romans. If anyone knows how to edit this please contact me, it's the only thing keeping me from releasing the next version of the mod.

map2.jpg

map1.jpg

Having spent all of yesterday looking at this I finally figured it out, thanks to all who helped me out with this. I'll have this ready for download soon.  :eek:

The actual beta is a good start and the features you are planning sound very cool.
After playing for a while now, I think that there is still some balancing to do. I know that romans should be strong and expand fast but now they are a bit to powerfull. I mean playing as romans should be at last still a bit of a challenge or it isn´t fun. And roman cavalary should also be less effective, so you have to focus more on infantry.

Maybe you have already had this idea, you could use the religion system to portray romanization. Insteas of Christianity and Pagan you could have barbarian or celtic and roman culture.

Good Luck for new beta, I´am looking forward to it.

Sigma-Rho said:
Having spent all of yesterday looking at this I finally figured it out, thanks to all who helped me out with this. I'll have this ready for download soon.  :eek:

Sorry to bother is not that I didn't look for it, I mean the download link but I can't find it. Brytenwalda sub forum is a little messy  :razz:. Thanks, great mod.

re balance

my new 10 roman recruits wiped the floor with 16 peydts and then again with 15 or so gwrdas

so the romans are a bit tough

but this mod is awesome....the solders and new weapons and armours look great

marshallannes said:
re balance

my new 10 roman recruits wiped the floor with 16 peydts and then again with 15 or so gwrdas

so the romans are a bit tough

but this mod is awesome....the solders and new weapons and armours look great

I just uploaded the new version, try to wipe the floor with them now.  I can't take credit for the new weapons or alike, I altered some textures that is about it. Everything you see now is to be replaced eventually. This is just to get the game mechanics down and balanced, the last thing I do will be to add the cool stuff. Glad you are enjoying the mod though.

Hello, very interesting mod.

I am wondering, is it possible to get the polished landscape version for Brytenwalda to work with this mod? I'm a bit worried to make a mistake in the module.ini (since i guess i need to use yours that load your mods ressources and mix it with the one shipped for the brytenwalda polished landscape version). Unless someone already done it? Which will save me a lot of troubles if so !

Do i just have to add the following to the polished landscape ini?
load_module_resource = roman_armor
load_module_resource = gallic_armor
load_module_resource = roman_armor2

edit : adding just those lines it seem to work fine

Are your from the Roma Surrectum team for RTW by the way? If so that mod was incredibly good :smile:

Thanks for your hard work !

Back
Top Bottom