Factions list:
The Sultanate of Rûm
Union of Antioch and Tripoli
The Kingdom of Jerusalem
The Ayyubids Sultanate
The Order of Hospitallers
The Order of the Temple
The Teutonic Order

Is it really necessary to have 3 faction slots for monastic orders when there are more important Middle Eastern factions to add? Just asking because it's absurd that there are more European factions than there are Islamic factions in a setting that involves the Middle East. In fact, I'm reading about Georgia right now and it would probably be the strongest Christian state during this period.

Go back to your book , worm! Us men want to fight as order knights.
That's great, however, I'll rather appeal to reality, where Georgia out of all places did a better job in 1204 as a state than the crusaders ever could. If this mod pertains to have any history integrity, then show some diversity in the factions. It's rather inefficient to have 3 order factions when you could find a way to include them in one of the feudal states in the Middle East.

AnthoniusII said:
ShinyKnight said:
matmohair1 said:
The Holy Land during the era of the crusades
img190u.jpg
Why are all so happy in this picture? they were all going to die because of the christian invaders  :???:
They were happy because civilians had nothing to afraid durring the wars between states (islamic or christian)
until the invasion of the barbarian -christians by name only- west europeans invaded in Holly lands and start to kill
undefended people of all religions !
They were knights but they behaved like butchers!
Islamic world saw such barbarism for the 1st time in its timeline!
The revenge for the death of those undefended people was what we call a Jihad!
Before that Jihad was ONLY the spiritual war inside each man against evil!
Modern Jihad is the Crusaders legacy in the modern world.
The massacre of innocent people Crusaders taught to humanity!

Agreed.

Demonwolf said:
AnthoniusII said:
ShinyKnight said:
matmohair1 said:
The Holy Land during the era of the crusades
img190u.jpg
Why are all so happy in this picture? they were all going to die because of the christian invaders  :???:
They were happy because civilians had nothing to afraid durring the wars between states (islamic or christian)
until the invasion of the barbarian -christians by name only- west europeans invaded in Holly lands and start to kill
undefended people of all religions !
They were knights but they behaved like butchers!
Islamic world saw such barbarism for the 1st time in its timeline!
The revenge for the death of those undefended people was what we call a Jihad!
Before that Jihad was ONLY the spiritual war inside each man against evil!
Modern Jihad is the Crusaders legacy in the modern world.
The massacre of innocent people Crusaders taught to humanity!

Agreed.
no no,when Muslims conquered Sassanids,they slaughtered them like heretic dogs,history repeats

EDIT: sorry for the bolded writing first time, I was trying to make my replies distinct from the quoted post without resorting to using different coloured letters.

EDIT 2: I decided to delete what I had originally written here as it was an overly aggressive 'shouty' post in response to crusader atrocity comments on the previous page.

regarding the jizya - it was not used to force conversions

simply it was the equivalent of a welfare tax

if a person converted to Islam he would pay the zakat instead which was higher than the jizya

so technically converting wasn't tax evasion - LOL

Karakurt said:
Is it possible to put a part of Arabi Saudi on the map? like the town of Mekke ?
Main idea of Mount and Blade is warfare, Mekka is too far from the historic battlefields so Mekka is not necessary in mod. Muslims and Christians fought for Jerusalem and it is in the mod.
Gothic Knight said:
Is it really necessary to have 3 faction slots for monastic orders when there are more important Middle Eastern factions to add? Just asking because it's absurd that there are more European factions than there are Islamic factions in a setting that involves the Middle East. In fact, I'm reading about Georgia right now and it would probably be the strongest Christian state during this period.
Historically Georgia is not the part of conflict between Crusaders states and Muslims and if we will add new faction in mod it might be remains of the Byzantine Empire but no Georgia. Teutons, Hospitaliers and Templars are mini factions and they will not have big armies and they do not violate the balance of power. They obeyed to the Pope but not to King, so we decide not to make them vassals of any kingdom. But all Knight Orders in mod are allies of Crusader states.
matmohair1 said:
:idea: excerpts from the book "Saracen Faris" by David Nicole :wink:

intro

ioui.png

jihad

picture2xq.png

picture1sx.png
matmohair1, thx but we dont need historical information or maps. Only pictures of armours, weapons, civilian,  priests, monks and  pilgrims clothes http://www.flickr.com/photos/archeon/2600250523/lightbox/ (thx Mandible),  merchant and war ships, towns and castles plans.

Just want to register my interest, this looks stunning.

I hope there will be a Jerusalem map!

I also have a question, alongside this incredible looking singleplayer experience, will there be a multiplayer component. I am asking because with models and maps of this quality it seems like a waste not to have.

The Medieval Greek Roman Empire

Emperor Alexius I & Princess Anna Comnene

6259.jpg
6258.jpg

medieval Roman armor & costumes

byzgeneral.jpg

a7f93d92e03a.jpg

14bureaucratsandlandlor.jpg

0f7b3685968c.jpg

13thebulgarslayerbasili.jpg

16theglorioustwilightma.jpg

picture1ccs.png

33dih42.jpg

11339982355784srbiteska.jpg

img142z.jpg

img141a.jpg

3526c4cef226.jpg

Roman & Russian armor

Byzarmy.jpg

Picture1-20.png

Basic Roman Troops

varangian guards

vargty2.jpg

Varangian_Guard.jpg

cavalry

63741803.jpg

1211699679052855490S500x500Q85.jpg

aoc07cs4if3.jpg

37uq.jpg

infantry

bizantin.jpg

15jk.jpg

original.aspx

light infantry

pminfantryhb7.jpg

heavy infantry

hinfantryio0.jpg

light cavalry

archerdh6.jpg

heavy cavalry

kataphraktospu6.jpg

more on the 12th - 13th century roman army and units :

:idea:
http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?104247-A-Quick-Guide-to-Byzantine-Dress-%288th-to-12th-century%29

:idea: camp : http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4884/aa12io5.jpg

:idea: armor http://www.levantia.com.au/military/armour.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom