{} Australia & New Zealand Multiplayer Community Thread {}

Users who are viewing this thread

Sir Bogan said:
41.  :cry:

Catching Gondor!

Oh well. I'll be easy meat in Boganlord multiplayer... these old muscles just don't have the reflexes to keep up with the supreme skills I had as a stalwart of SPLH in the Warband days... Well at least that's what my dementia is telling me... sigh.  :razz:

Lmao I'm imagining on old man playing warband with Alzheimer's xD

Dredd. said:
Sir Bogan said:

Catching Gondor!

Oh well. I'll be easy meat in Boganlord multiplayer... these old muscles just don't have the reflexes to keep up with the supreme skills I had as a stalwart of SPLH in the Warband days... Well at least that's what my dementia is telling me... sigh.  :razz:

It means I'll always have new friends in every battle I play in Bananalord...  :lol: :lol:

Sir Bogan said:
Dredd. said:
Sir Bogan said:

Catching Gondor!

It means I'll always have new friends in every battle I play in Bananalord...  :lol: :lol:

I will always be your friend papi  :fruity: :fruity:

For those who haven't heard, Hamor commited suicide a few weeks back. Whether you loved him or you hated him, he was a pillar of the community and he'll be sorely missed.
In memory of a classic figure, arch enemy to RomaN and ACC1, champion duelist, premium ****-talker, king of Napoleonic Wars, leader of the great Vieille Garde and the Papadome.

chris.png
hamor.png

Mental illness/depression are terrible issues and despite more and more people sharing lights on the subjects, it always remains something particularly violent to have people whose will of living is so low that they'd rather go with the irreversible dark emptiness. 

I didn't know Hamor but the loss of a blader and a human being is nothing to rejoice about. Thanks for sharing it with us Munby.

Mental health is no joke. If you are ever suffering from any problems, reach out to anyone and I promise that it will be better.

Sad to see another blader's loss of life. I didn't know him, but he most definitely did not deserve to suffer the way he did. My condolences to his friends and family.

Rip Hamor.

This is very sad stuff, my condolences to all friends and family members.

Never forget yesterday, but always live for today. Cause you never know what tomorrow can bring or what can it take away. Rest in peace Chris.

My condolences to Hamor. May his family find peace and strength in the difficult times ahead.

I first met Hamor when i saw him in cRPG. Back then he was just another generic onliner with 1h sword racking up hours on warband and he would also occasionally challenge me to duel. I do recall him being very quiet and reserved early on.

After the decline of warband in Australia, i encountered him again in the NW scene and played for a shortwhile in his clan VG. At first, things were OK until he started to become progressively more and more manipulative, menacing and controlling.

One day, through private message I told him that I was leaving his clan. I expressed my disagreement to some things he had done and suggested that there may have been underlying issues in his personal life that he should focus on mending rather than lashing out at others. Maybe I was too direct about it because he threw it back in my face, hurled some abuse at me and blocked me.

His last comment to me was: "You can't quit, you're kicked"

My last correspondence with him occurred 6 months ago in May. After years of not seeing or talking to him, he randomly sent expletive and racist messages to me for no reason falsely accusing me of some things that had apparently happened to him in a game. He started to tell me was an amateur boxer and made threats of violence towards me. We arranged to meet at his gym for a sparring session. He told me he was a member of the competitive fight team there.
Coincidentally, i knew one of the trainers at the gym through my work but I never told him that. I had intended to confront him and have a deep talk to him about whatever was going on with him.

The meeting went as expected... he didn't show up and the trainers and staff had never heard of him before.

Not long after this, he deleted our messages, blocked me and i never heard from him ever again.

Mental health is not something to joke about and I'd implore anyone who has friends or family or maybe even suspect something is amiss to reach out talk to somebody about how they're feeling. The longer you keep it inside, the more you will suffer.

I am going to miss Hamor very much i spent time playing computer games with this person every week. We laughed,Strategized,Humiliated,and pacified many that stood in our way.
Hamor kept a group of players that i played with frequently very close. You will never be forgotten in my mind. I will do my best to continue and grow your legacy of warband dominance. R.I.P man you are missed!!!  "Zito I Ellas"

That's really tragic news.

Hamor, despite his misgivings was a great guy who just loved a bit of trolling and drama. He was the anti hero that united the community against him. I always hoped Bannerlord would bring him back but now he will just remain sorely missed.

If it possible; I'd like to know more about what happened by PM Munby, thanks.

To quote riley_simpson;

"Hamor, Destroyer of Venice, Bringer of Justice, Bearer of Death, Sword de L'Empereur, Shield of France, Vanquisher of the Prussian nation, Crusher of the British Isles, First Man of Corsica, Colonel de la Vieille Garde, Marechal de Imperial Francais, Imperiale Executioner, Champion de Francais, Consort de la Imperiale Princess Stephanie, General de la Grande Armie, Admiral de la Grande Navie, Duke de Toulouse, Margave de Marsielles, Count de Nice, Chamberlain de Imperiale Francais, High Inquisitor de la Catholic Church, Governor de la Northern Italian regions, advisor de L'Empereur and recipient of L'Empereur's Personal Legion d'Honeur"

RIP mate

Resin
VG_Mille

Such tragic and unexpected news to hear about all this, really hit me hard after knowing him for so long.

I met Hamor years ago playing M&M and was one of the first members of the 6th cavalry, until eventually becoming a senior member of the Vieille Garde in NW. Hamor was a great guy and although controversial, he was no doubt a pillar of the community and a personality nobody will forget. Ever since joining his first regiment as a kid many years ago and looking forward to a Bannerlord clan reunion of the Garde, I always had a good time playing no matter the controversy. I'm sure anyone who was in the regiment experienced some of his unorthodox leadership techniques but in the end you couldn't question his dedication to the regiment and love for the game. Anyone who spent a long period of time in the VG knew the true character he was and should always be remembered in future AUS and NZ communities with the coming of Bannerlord, I won't forget him for what he contributed to the community and the time he put into the regiment making our experiences of the game more enjoyable.

A long time friend gone too soon, someone who introduced me to gaming in a clan and, he will be sorely missed by everyone in the community.

Vieille_Garde_AdSO_Aron

Extremely tragic news and a life taken far too soon. Be it friend, foe or mere acquaintance, I think we can all agree that Hamor left an indelible mark on our community. One way or another - you knew his name.

Although I never met him in the outside world, I feel like I've known him for a huge chunk of my life, from prepube to teenager to adult. I won't pretend to remember how we met or what his personality was like in the early days, but I'd wager many of you reading this will already have a decent inkling - and you're probably right. He was many things, as we all are, but above all else he was unapologetically himself through thick and thin. I won't tell you that he was actually a great guy (but just misunderstood) and I won't tell you that he was the villain that every story needs - in fact I won't tell you what to think at all. Like you and I, he was just a guy on the internet trying to have some fun.

I can't begin to explain how devastating it is that your demons prevailed on this day, but I think it speaks volumes to the fragility of the human condition. We all know what it's like to go through the range of emotions, to be here one day and there the next. Simply put, you never really know what's going on inside someone else's head, but it's evidently never one single thing or emotion. Although we should each take responsibility for our personal well-being first and foremost, a simple and genuine "Gday" can go much further than you'd think. Be patient, be understanding, picture your lowest moment and then imagine the person next to you going through the exact same thing.

Hindsight is a **** of a thing yet I just wish I could have done more. Thankyou for the years my old friend, I certainly won't forget them and I won't forget you. Keep well up there, I'm sure you'd be ecstatic that your name is all over the place yet again.

Vieille_Garde_Cne_Enzo

"La Garde meurt, elle ne se rend pas!"​

Wfuaix6.jpg

This is really sad news to hear...  I think a lot of us have known Hamor for many many years...
Whilst I know he could be quite polarising, he was a key character in our warband /napoleonic wars scene. He will be missed.

My heart goes out to his family.

Rest in Peace Vieille Garde brother.

nom aka Vieille_Garde_Mercier

Very upsetting news. My thoughts go out to his family and friends during this difficult time.

Although it was a few years ago, I had the pleasure of meeting Chris in person during a trip to Sydney. We had some drinks at a bar, played pool and I met some of his mates, though under the guise that I was a 'family friend'. We all act differently online compared to how we really are, and Chris was certainly no exception.

For those that spent a lot of time with Chris, he clearly had some issues and insecurities that plagued him. He also had some cynical thoughts and opinions that may have stemmed from spending too much time in isolation and on some questionable parts of the internet. These cynical thoughts can fester when left alone, and may have played a part in Chris making an impulsive decision that I am sure he would regret.

I would like to reinforce what Enzo said, as I think he perfectly put into words how we should act, especially if we ever think someone around us is struggling.

TakeNotezz said:
I can't begin to explain how devastating it is that your demons prevailed on this day, but I think it speaks volumes to the fragility of the human condition. We all know what it's like to go through the range of emotions, to be here one day and there the next. Simply put, you never really know what's going on inside someone else's head, but it's evidently never one single thing or emotion. Although we should each take responsibility for our personal well-being first and foremost, a simple and genuine "Gday" can go much further than you'd think. Be patient, be understanding, picture your lowest moment and then imagine the person next to you going through the exact same thing.

There are many organisations such as Lifeline, Beyond Blue and The Black Dog Institute that offer support for mental health issues, if one cannot bring themselves to first talk to family or friends. I also encourage people to not be too absorbed by whatever one may do online, and urge everyone to maintain a balance between life at the computer, and life away from the computer.

As many of us have said, Chris was certainly a memorable character and one that will not be forgotten about.

Rest in peace Chris.

I don't think I ever played Hamor on Warband, but if I did it would have been a great game. Like everyone I have ever had the privilege to play with. Our gaming community is so small that we are, in my opinion, a family. To lose a member of this family is an absolute tradegy. My condolences to his family. I hope everyone else I have ever played with is good.

Please seek help if you ever feel overwhelmed. Don't underestimate the help you can get by talking to anyone about your emotions. Don't be afraid to admit you are struggling with problems. Talk... Talk and keep talking... at least you will be still here. Stay strong.

Hello, This is Dimos the King Of Calradia! - You are receiving this message because my Calradian Census scribes have revealed to me that you were somehow affiliated with Hamor. As you may know, he has sadly passed away but he is still apart of our team and always will be. The core members of his group have reformed and I Will be taking onboard all responsibilities along With Enzo and Pico in continuing The (Heroes of Warband) -- Mount and Blade: Warband and all related Tale worlds Titles Group that we were all apart of.

This is the invite link - https://discord.gg/6kcqMsd

Get in contact with me on Discord Or Steam if you clicked it to join so I can assign you role/perms. Everything is being looked over and revitalized in preparation for a game that I hope will be successful Bannerlords!. We are not a group for everybody but everybody is welcome to join we have been around for a while so won't I won't reiterate.

This is a group of Current, Past, Future, Veteran Warbanders and Taleworlds related title related Players, not a community. If you are confused I also run the Erebus community.

Your one and only King of Calradia Dimos!

Back
Top Bottom