Permanent Death?

Should a chance of permanent death for the player and AI lords occur?

• Yes.

Votes: 91 17.6%
  • No.

Votes: 24 4.7%
  • It should be optional.

Votes: 285 55.2%
  • Yes, but only for lords.

Votes: 67 13.0%
  • Yes, but make the chances of dying very slim.

Votes: 49 9.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I like the idea but there should be multiple options players can choose from. e.g Everyone / Nobody / Lords only / Slight chance / Slight chance lords only etc. etc. The more options players have the better in my opinion.

Permanent death would be cool, but I don't like how the game is completely over. Maybe then play as one of your companions. Like if you die, one of your companions takes the reigns from there. Or a family of sorts, or something even more creative. But complete end game...

Rhonen said:
I like the idea but there should be multiple options players can choose from. e.g Everyone / Nobody / Lords only / Slight chance / Slight chance lords only etc. etc. The more options players have the better in my opinion.
i agree, make it optional, but give ingame rewards/penalties for more/less realistic settings.  for example, with "everyone", "player only", or "player and friendly lords only" give a +10%xp bonus, but with "off" or "lords" or "enemy lords only" give a -10%xp penalty(penalties and bonuses going up and down relative to the difficulty, of course).

Rhonen said:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I chose for Very slim.
But as second i would have chosen Lords only.

But

We can already kill captured lords. (Party>Talk to the lord>You have comitted High treason)
but i would like to see all of the stuff we can vote for here, As optional in game :smile:

I AM HOBO OF DOOM said:
Would make things too easy too just beaddown and execute lords.

Thats why you get a ****load of Relation removed, and honor removed. And if this will be merged with my idea (every lord and king 100 till 150 More HP) it could get very exciting :razz:

The Player him/herself shouldn't die. It would prevent the story from proceeding, and would be a source of lots of cussing even amongst seasoned players.

Lords could have a slim chance to die (somewhere between 1-5% ?); they already have such a chance to permanently perish in vanilla MnB SOD  :???:  I wouldn't mind if this could be switched on/off, though.

Also, there could be an alternative to executing nobles. Instead, let them have a final duel with the Player (the Lord should be given back his equipment for the duration of the fight of course). If the player wins, the Lord dies but since he was given a fair chance to put up a fight this won't cause honor/renown penalty, at least not so much as an execution. But if the Lord wins, he gets released and re-joins his original faction. Opinions ?

MorrisB said:
The Player him/herself shouldn't die. It would prevent the story from proceeding, and would be a source of lots of cussing even amongst seasoned players.

Lords could have a slim chance to die (somewhere between 1-5% ?); they already have such a chance to permanently perish in vanilla MnB SOD  :???:  I wouldn't mind if this could be switched on/off, though.

Also, there could be an alternative to executing nobles. Instead, let them have a final duel with the Player (the Lord should be given back his equipment for the duration of the fight of course). If the player wins, the Lord dies but since he was given a fair chance to put up a fight this won't cause honor/renown penalty, at least not so much as an execution. But if the Lord wins, he gets released and re-joins his original faction. Opinions ?

You all have made some good points and if I decided to add this feature It would be optional. The reason I asked in the first place was because I stumbled on the code that Twan made. It's pretty interesting code, He said that he was going to make it optional but he never got around to it. I think he had suffered so much bad heat on the bad-boy system that he decided to drop out on development on 4.57.

Optional, and what is the chance for death  :twisted:
And when game ends!
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU....  :lol:

There should be change to make childs or we dont have enough lords! :grin:

Just stupid idea....

Pretty good concept, i would have it optional though.  gives the player an incentive to not play like Rambo and actually use some strategy!

Back
Top Bottom